Storm Checklist

I gotta ask....If you're on town water, as opposed to a well, do you go get bottled water, and, if so, why?

We're on town water here, and we don't drink it, even when there isn't an emergency. So we keep a good deal of bottled water on hand anyway.

Also, there's no guarantee that it will keep flowing. Watermains have issues occasionally. With a case of small bottles to be had for $3, there's no real reason NOT to, at the very least, keep some on hand.

I use the PUR faucet mount filter (for cooking,brushing teeth,the dog etc.).These filters are pricey! IFIRC 3for $35.I compared it with the Brita and went purchasing it.Its probally even money with purchasing bottled.(unit cost +replacement filters).

....But for drinking water I buy cases (and I mean cases) of Poland Springs water at a "wholsale/bulk" club" warehouse.There are often buy 2 cases get on free cupons or sales at the local grocery stores.
I prefer the taste of PS,the Nestles,Glacial Springs,Dasani are horrible and taste awful IMO.

as far as minor SHTF (contamination,storm event,water main break,gen.poor water quality) keep plenty of non-"City" water on hand.
Living in a city with a very old infastructure,we get water main breaks often and the rust & sediment associated with it,its hard to filter water if in no longer flows into your dwelling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom