• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Storing rounds in new mags OK?

I just received my 5 free Smith and Wesson 30 round magazines today in the mail. I filled them up
with 5.56 rounds and put them into a watertight container. Does it weaken the springs if I let
them sit like this for a long time???

Thanks for the info !!

Mike

Unless the Zombie apocalypse happens 20+ years from now and you still have those mags loaded I would not worry about it. If you worry about the feed lips getting damaged you can always download to 28 and put less stress on them.

Thank you all very much, I may just take a few rounds out of each. I was happy to find out they are made by PMAG and have the dust covers and seem very well made. Thank you all very very much for the great info

SmithandWessonMP15FTwithEOTech516an.jpg

If they're PMags, fill them up to 30, snap the dust cover on, and be done with it. No need to worry about unloading a few rounds with the dust cover in place, it also serves the purpose of keeping stress off the feed lips of a pmag.

in case you forget to put spare batteries for your primary light in your Vltor stock. you know, the one that has actual compartments for spare batteries. it's a good idea to run a spare eotech and magnifier on your side rails, too. and probably a second vertical forgrip with bipod. afterall, that's what rails are for. and double stacking mags is also recommended. two of everything is always better than one. it does tend do get a little awkward though, when you need a back up tacticool wheelbarrow to push your rifle around in.

You're saying he needs a race gun?

it does tend do get a little awkward though, when you need a back up tacticool wheelbarrow to push your rifle around in.

is this wheelbarrow available in O.D.? does magpul make any replacement parts for it? how bout a runflat tire? ......... WTB, ftf or dealer transfer!

edit: found one!

honda-barrow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom