• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Storing firearm in locked public place?

I just got my LTC-A - finally. I see laws pertaining to storage of firearms in vehicles and at home and I'm aware of these, but I see nothing about storing in lockers in public places, like a gym.

Is it legal to store in locked containers in these places with my license? I'm thinking no, since part of the law states it has to be under your direct control, but it's still unclear.

Don't want to carry in the gym and have my gun to fall out next to some sheep while doing leg presses. "No, no, that's not a gun, it's a... just a miniaturized weight for doing pointing finger exercises, no need for concern..."

That's called "how to lose your LTC in 2 easy steps" . When I go to the gym even though I have a padlocked locker, I dont even bring my wallet into the gym. Those lockers are a hot theft site at any gym. Even worse than the parking lot outside.

That said, technically, its legal, but would you trust a flimsy locker?

-Mike

Yeah I wouldn't bring it into the gym. Good chance nothing would happen, but there's always that slight chance. Also, if you ever forgot it in there for one reason or another, most gym's have "no overnight locker use" policies and will cut your lock. You'd be in for a world of shit in that case.

Lock box in trunk of car or if you have an SUV, there are some good under seat lock boxes.

Back
Top Bottom