Stories of the Skysoldier

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All, I just wanted to share a work in progress. I've been copy/pasting a lot of @Skysoldier's great stories into a doc online. I created a separate gmail account for this so I can have a dedicated Google Drive share point.

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dmYIZHXUBZRoEFpmhTbX82NV3_SUNRd0/view?usp=sharing

Again, this is a work in progress and is in no way a complete list. In fact, if you find any old posts/stories that should be added, PM me the link and I'll copy/paste the story into the doc file.

Hell, Sky can probably just take the doc file, clean it up and add pictures and whatnot to it and publish it. I'd still buy it!

Enjoy...

dans

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I love reading his antics and reminiscences. Maybe he'll start adding to the document. (Hint, hint, hint)

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please put a copyright notice at the top of this collection!
It's up to him. I would have to put his name (real name on it) and he asked for me not to do that. Also, you don't need to put a copyright on something to be protected under copyright. You only had to do that before 1923.

The citation is clear in the doc that these are his stories and it would not be hard to track that back to the original source.

I think we're good.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never met the man, but I’d say from life experience, it’s too soon for memoirs. I missed Vietnam by the skin of my birthdate and Nixon cutting the cord. Theres a lot of steps in Sky’s shoes that we’ve never ever even imagined. God bless you, a child of God - armed and prepared.

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Awesome that you took the time to put Kim’s work all together! Wish you could retrieve the deleted posts!
I bet he could be granted access through the chain of command if he asked nicely? Especially given the amount of work that's been put into this project already!

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bet he could be granted access through the chain of command if he asked nicely? Especially given the amount of work that's been put into this project already!
:) Heh...not so sure about that one.

Would love to see those stories, but I'm not holding my breath. I won't second guess the mods for deleting something they deemed it necessary to take that action.

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Also check the archive of his now defunct blog.

Skysoldier's Cookbook

Not sure if all of there made it to NES
I found the printed version of his dog treats recipe when I was packing a few weeks ago...that stays in the ‘save’ pile for when I get ambitious in the new kitchen.

Still waiting on another run of the chili peppers now that he’s back in the SW.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found the printed version of his dog treats recipe when I was packing a few weeks ago...that stays in the ‘save’ pile for when I get ambitious in the new kitchen.

Still waiting on another run of the chili peppers now that he’s back in the SW.
If you think it should be posted on the stories doc, I'm happy to add it. I mean...it adds to the color of the book. :)

Top Bottom