Stores that sell Mace brand OC??

Anyone know of stores that sell the full line (or close) of Mace Brand OC in MA?

If you know of one or more, may as well post up here and I will update the thread on occasion for future reference.

Here is the list: (NB: Unless stated, there is no statement as to how much of the line they have)
  • Boston Gun and Rifle
  • Four Seasons (The only carry one or two models, all spray, no gel and none of the small keychain or carabiner refillable types)
  • Sportsmans Den
  • Baystate in Peabody
  • Army Barracks in Saugus and Salem
  • Barrows Hardware at Webster Square in Worcester
PS: This state blows when something anyone can buy online or in Lowes elsewhere requires this level of effort to get what you want...

Last edited:
Mace? FS probably has that stuff. Lots of gun shops carry mace brand OC.

The stuff that is a pain in the ass is brands like Fox Labs, etc.

-Mike

4s. Mace is a brand name of pepper spray. Not sure but think the product mace is illegal or at least need a permit for it. At least that's what I've bee told.(No, not on the inter web)

4s. Mace is a brand name of pepper spray. Not sure but think the product mace is illegal or at least need a permit for it. At least that's what I've bee told.(No, not on the inter web)

Lol OC has been de-crimed in MA for years now for anyone 18+ that isn't a felon. It used to require "Chemical FID" or better, but not anymore.

-Mike

Lol OC has been de-crimed in MA for years now for anyone 18+ that isn't a felon. It used to require "Chemical FID" or better, but not anymore.

-Mike
I stand corrected. Thought he meant OC over the counter mace not OC Oleoresin Capsicum (pepper spray) That 'll teach me to think.

I stand corrected. Thought he meant OC over the counter mace not OC Oleoresin Capsicum (pepper spray) That 'll teach me to think.

Now, you have me confused with your distinction. Hmm? [thinking]
MACE Brand: Defense Sprays

Q WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT FORMULAS?
OC Pepper: Oleoresin capsicum is a naturally occurring substance derived from hot peppers. OC Pepper causes an intense burning sensation to the skin, eyes and throat upon contact. Mace® Brand defense sprays are available in different strengths to satisfy virtually every requirement.

Tear Gas: Tear Gas is a lachrymatory agent, or lachrymator, which stimulates the corneal nerves in the eyes thereby causing profuse tearing and pain, an intense burning sensation to the skin and shortness of breath. Common lachrymators include CN tear gas (omega-chloroacetophenone) and CS tear gas (ortho-chlorobenzalmalononitrile). UV Dye: As an added defense, many of our formulations contain an ultraviolet dye. The dye will invisibly mark an assailant which may aid in identification. Blended Sprays: Mace® Triple Action formula combines OC Pepper, CN tear gas and UV dye. The advantage of this formula is that it that you don’t have to hit the attacker in the face; even if you hit them in the chest the tear gas will affect your attacker.

Animal Sprays: We also manufactures products for use as deterrents against dogs and bears. Our Muzzle® Canine Pepper Spray and Bear Pepper Mace® are EPA registered products and are effective, humane, non-lethal canine and bear deterrents.

UV Dye: The majority of Mace® Brand Defense Sprays include a UV Dye. This is an invisible marking dye which may help police identify you attacker using an ultraviolet light to show that the individual has in fact been sprayed by pepper spray.

-Mike
I stand corrected. Thought he meant OC over the counter mace not OC Oleoresin Capsicum(pepper spray) That 'll teach me to think.
Now, you have me confused with your distinction. Hmm? [thinking]
MACE Brand: Defense Sprays

Q WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT FORMULAS?
OC Pepper: Oleoresin capsicum is a naturally occurring substance derived from hot peppers. OC Pepper causes an intense burning sensation to the skin, eyes and throat upon contact. Mace® Brand defense sprays are available in different strengths to satisfy virtually every requirement.

Tear Gas: Tear Gas is a lachrymatory agent, or lachrymator, which stimulates the corneal nerves in the eyes thereby causing profuse tearing and pain, an intense burning sensation to the skin and shortness of breath. Common lachrymators include CN tear gas (omega-chloroacetophenone) and CS tear gas (ortho-chlorobenzalmalononitrile). UV Dye: As an added defense, many of our formulations contain an ultraviolet dye. The dye will invisibly mark an assailant which may aid in identification. Blended Sprays: Mace® Triple Action formula combines OC Pepper, CN tear gas and UV dye. The advantage of this formula is that it that you don’t have to hit the attacker in the face; even if you hit them in the chest the tear gas will affect your attacker.

Animal Sprays: We also manufactures products for use as deterrents against dogs and bears. Our Muzzle® Canine Pepper Spray and Bear Pepper Mace® are EPA registered products and are effective, humane, non-lethal canine and bear deterrents.

UV Dye: The majority of Mace® Brand Defense Sprays include a UV Dye. This is an invisible marking dye which may help police identify you attacker using an ultraviolet light to show that the individual has in fact been sprayed by pepper spray.
That's so far over my 3rd grade edgumacation I'll just shut up now

I bought mine at Cabelas in East Hartford.

IIRC when they changed the law for pepper spray there was an addition that prohibits companies from shipping directly to a consumer. They can only ship to authorized dealers.

Bob

Barrows Hardware at Webster Square in Worcester has it.

Is there a minimum age for mace/pepper spray? I know under 18 needs an adult to co-sign or something. Thanks.

Barrows Hardware at Webster Square in Worcester has it.

Is there a minimum age for mace/pepper spray? I know under 18 needs an adult to co-sign or something. Thanks.
18 to buy without FID in the DPRM.

Any age (which means 15 or older) for an FID holder. A person under 18 needs a parent/guardian signature to get an FID.

So this is why this state sucks. I should just be able to order what I want from a website...
Anyhow, 4S had only two models out of the mace line. I updated above to reflect this. I have my immediate need covered but it may be good to get more detail into this list if people see value in it.

So this is why this state sucks. I should just be able to order what I want from a website...
Anyhow, 4S had only two models out of the mace line. I updated above to reflect this. I have my immediate need covered but it may be good to get more detail into this list if people see value in it.

That's odd. I have in front of me my wifes Mace Pepper Gel Magnum 3 45gr/1.50oz. that came from them.

EDIT: The second one she has is Mace Pepper Gard Spray. It's in the 11gr size.

I'm sure I can get bear spray in Maine.

Last edited:
I reccomend UDAP bear spray over traditional OC pepper spray. Ebay sells both though. And since it's legal now without FID they'll ship. Bear spray is at least 10 times more potent.

Bear spray has 10% oleorisin capsacium, with a blast range of up to 35 feet, and a giant fog mist that can cover a grand range.

OC-17

3 Pack Police Magnum Pepper Spray 2 oz ounce Safety Lock Self Defense Security 862348000155 | eBay

Bear spray

UDAP Pepper Power Bear Spray Repellant w/ Griz Guard Holster 683405356554 | eBay

Their are cheaper alternatives of bear spray, but this is the harshest and best stuff.

Last edited:
I’m looking at bear spray only because we regularly go into bear habitat in Maine. Sure I could carry a 9mm but we are well off the paved road and a couple of trail sodas might be consumed.

Back
Top Bottom