Stores selling 9mm ammo?

Prices are high. But $15-$20 for 9mm is likely the new normal for awhile. The $8/box 9mm people are reminiscing (2019ish prices) about were decade low prices, in a booming economy, a republican president/house/senate. Gun/ammo market was so SATURATED that manufacturers were going out of business, or not selling to civilian markets. Things were THAT good!

Contrast that with the current/near future:
In a couple of months, ALL of that excess Trump supply has burned off. Prices have doubled, shortages are present. Ammunition manufacturers have started selling direct to the public-not at discount/wholesale prices mind you, but at brick and mortar prices (cut out the middleman, and increase profits). And the manufacturers are STILL showing out of stock. FFLs have stopped taking orders on in-demand guns because they can't get delivery dates.
If Trump wins, more riots. If any of the Floyd, Arbery, Taylor etc cases come back not guilty, more riots. Massive run on guns/ammo.
If the Dems win, massive run on guns and ammo in expectation of a ban.
There is no way this clears anytime soon.

Last edited:
I disagree every time I've bought ammo in NH I've had to show a Mass LTC, residents just need proof of residency.
That is store policy and not the law. All you need to be is old enough in NH. The fact that some stores are retarded and want your MA LTC if your drivers license is from MA is a good reason to go elsewhere.

I was up at shooters outpost in Nh last weekend. Plenty of ammo if you're willing to fork over the cash. Limit on 9 was 5 boxes per day. 9 was$17, 38 was $20, 380 was $18, 45 was $24. Almost double pre-craziness prices.

S.O.2 in Amherst NH:

Attachments

• 20200807_122525.jpg
    20200807_122525.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 20200807_122531.jpg
    20200807_122531.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200807_122541.jpg
    20200807_122541.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20200807_122718.jpg
    20200807_122718.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 90
My friend has been picking up ammo at OnTarget in E. Bridgewater randomly over the past few weeks.
380,357 and 9mm
One box each.

PM sent. Going Green was a good move....

What is the current, normal store price for a 100 round box of Winchester "White Box" 9mm FMJ these days?

was in BPS in Hooksett yesterday, grabbing some small stuff for the bride. Walked over to the vacant ammo aisle, just as an employee was opening a case of Winchester white box 50rd. Limit 5 boxes, I grabbed two for $12.99 each
JFC I'm absolutely in shock that BPS of all places, had ammo at that low price.

Saw gunbroker listing for 9mm 115gr range stuff for $1 per round other day. It had 8 bids on it too. Crazy. Then, Gotta pay shipping on too if that.

I was there a few hours ago. I didn't see a sign saying NH residents only, but there was a sign for 9mm limiting to 2 boxes of target and 1 box of defensive ammo.

Obviously I've never run into any issues as I am a NH resident.

But they do ask for ID to see if you are from NH.

.... and there have been many, many complaints from MA people on here of not being able to buy from SO because of being from MA or other State other than NH.

Last edited:
I thought that BS only happened at WalMart
No, it is a long story involving a mass shooter that Jim told me about a number of years ago. It's all described here in a prior thread from some years back. Jim is doing it as a defensive move after being subjected to picketing and other nasties over doing nothing wrong or illegal.

I'm not defending it, just trying to explain it. As I told Jim, I don't like it but understand his point of view.

.... and there have been many, many complaints from MA people on here of not being able to buy from SO because of being from MA or other State other than NH.

Maybe MA people complaining was awhile ago, maybe not. For me, maybe I was lucky or maybe it's my "handsome/pretty face", but purchasing ammo this summer at SO, all they asked for was my LTC. It didn't seem to phase them that it was from MA. We can all disagree or agree, but that's the owners store policy, so for an extra 9 seconds of my time, I show them my MA. LTC, they hand it back, say thank you, and take my money. And they definitively don't ask even for that for primers and powder. I did this many times this summer until the ammo shortage really kicked in.

After I purchase ammo, I'd put it in the car, then go back in and go upstairs to look at all the guns I can't buy. Does that make me a masochist?

Jay

Gun Parlor 9mm -30$ a box Magtech
MFS 9mm -17$ a box Magtech
That's pretty good for MFS. I'm pretty sure that's below their cost unless they bought tons of it before the COVID and "mostly peaceful" riots, burning and looting. Cheapest brass rounds on AmmoSeek.Com are still holding at over 60¢/round. [thinking]

That's real ammo, of course, not just an out-of-stock what-it-used-to-be price. [laugh]

That's pretty good for MFS. I'm pretty sure that's below their cost unless they bought tons of it before the COVID and "mostly peaceful" riots, burning and looting. Cheapest brass rounds on AmmoSeek.Com are still holding at over 60¢/round. [thinking]

That's real ammo, of course, not just an out-of-stock what-it-used-to-be price. [laugh]

i Have a hard time believing someone is selling ammo for less than they paid. Especially a retail business.

i Have a hard time believing someone is selling ammo for less than they paid. Especially a retail business.
Oh, it's happening alright. I know of shops buying at retail just to have ammo available for their first time gun-buying customers.

That said, I'm sure that MFS stocks it deep and high. They are probably selling ammo they bought last year or even earlier. But I'll bet anything that it is below their current replacement cost.

I'm happily sitting this panic out. I also haven't shot much in the last 3 years so my stockpile is decently sized.

If I went to buy ammo at a B&M location in NH, I would have a hard time not walking out if they wanted me to prove residency when the state clearly doesn't require it. I really don't care how scared they are of a neighboring state.

I am also waiting to get my hard copy DL in the mail before I start browsing the local shops just to see what is out there. Low stocks or not, I can't wait to go out and meet some shop owners and maybe spend some cash. I do kind of need to drop $1500ish on a snowblower first.

I'm happily sitting this panic out. I also haven't shot much in the last 3 years so my stockpile is decently sized.

If I went to buy ammo at a B&M location in NH, I would have a hard time not walking out if they wanted me to prove residency when the state clearly doesn't require it. I really don't care how scared they are of a neighboring state.
IIRC my discussion with Jim correctly it was mostly the media attention (trying to destroy his reputation) than being scared of the MA AG.

This picture was from today. Shooters Outpost 2 has 115g Blazer Brass 9mm for $24.99 (limit of 1 per customer):

Attachments

• 20210121_105528 (2).jpg
    20210121_105528 (2).jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom