• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Store clerk guns down shoplifter over four packs of Red Bull, Indiana cops say: Charged with Murder

Reptile

NES Member
An Indiana gas station clerk chased a shoplifter into the parking lot and shot him in the face, Indianapolis police told local news outlets.

Vincent Bibbs, a 49-year-old Speedway convenience store clerk, has been charged with murder, WISH reported.

Before midnight on June 29, Bibbs confronted Damon McClain, 49, after he spotted him putting four packs of Red Bull in a garbage bag and heading out the door without paying, the TV station reported.

Continues....

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article252655263.html#storylink=cpy

No insult to Reptile, sorta,, [rofl] But didn't the Idea of giving him his own section for clickbait get brought up to the powers that be ? [rofl][wave]. Just picking on you Rep, I actually read the stuff you post. Paul
It just needs a jingle... maybe like that pseudo farting sound a glue bottle makes or tartar sauce?
9859095.png

Thks to @Broccoli Iglesias or whoever that found this thing lol

Last edited:
Once again, the libs will be like "Why did you value the store's redbull more than this guy's life? Just let him have it!"

When the question should be "Why did this man value the store's red bull more than his OWN life?"

maybe it's the chasing him out of the store.

If he'd drew his gun and blocked the exit *I* think that should be allowed to prevent the crime, and then if the guy charges at you you have a valid claim of self-defense.

Once again, the libs will be like "Why did you value the store's redbull more than this guy's life? Just let him have it!"

When the question should be "Why did this man value the store's red bull more than his OWN life?"

maybe it's the chasing him out of the store.

If he'd drew his gun and blocked the exit *I* think that should be allowed to prevent the crime, and then if the guy charges at you you have a valid claim of self-defense.

Why would anyone value a thief's life?

Stealing Red Bull, beer, cigarettes, TVs, shoes, etc - you're worthless and should stretch a rope.

Stealing diapers, bread, formula - might be simple survival and should be able to work off the cost with no record.

OK, Class. See how many things you can find wrong with this scenario (hints provided):

"Witnesses told police they saw the clerk, identified as Bibbs, follow a man carrying a bag outside of the store to the parking lot.

In an interview with police, Bibbs initially denied having any interaction with McClain, according to court documents. Detectives say Bibbs told them he never shot anyone, had a gun or heard shots.

Bibbs later admitted to police “messed up by going outside,” telling detectives that store management told him not to let shoplifters leave the store. He said tried to lock McClain in the store but wasn’t able to.

He said a struggle occurred in the parking lot and his gun went off. Bibbs said he then went back in the store, waited on two customers, then called 911.

Bibbs faces an additional charge of carrying a handgun without a license."

Guy’s an idiot. Just threw his life away over somebody else’s 10.00 worth of Redbull. I don’t care about the thief at all, no loss, but this guy, was it really worth it? I’d say that’s a big nope. If you’re carrying for any reason, God bless you, but you better be able to make sound decisions at the drop of a hat to keep yourself out of prison.

OK, Class. See how many things you can find wrong with this scenario (hints provided):

"Witnesses told police they saw the clerk, identified as Bibbs, follow a man carrying a bag outside of the store to the parking lot.

In an interview with police, Bibbs initially denied having any interaction with McClain, according to court documents. Detectives say Bibbs told them he never shot anyone, had a gun or heard shots.

Bibbs later admitted to police “messed up by going outside,” telling detectives that store management told him not to let shoplifters leave the store. He said tried to lock McClain in the store but wasn’t able to.

He said a struggle occurred in the parking lot and his gun went off. Bibbs said he then went back in the store, waited on two customers, then called 911.

Bibbs faces an additional charge of carrying a handgun without a license."
Sounds like an example of you should not speak without an attorney.

Person he killed
"He graduated from Warren Central High School and enrolled in the Army for a small stint."

Would be interested in the story behind that.

Two bad choices.. alleged theft and the murder

State rep. In one sentence he said he thinks the killer was well intentioned in the next sentence he says stores should not be allowed open late if they can't provide private security.
How about he works on crime reduction lol

Indiana state Rep. Ed Delaney said Bibbs was doing what he thought was right.

“In my mind, it’s reassuring that there’s still people who feel strongly enough about honesty and about their job that they’ll try to protect the property or their owner from theft or misconduct,” Delaney said Thursday.

The Democrat from Indianapolis said if gas stations and convenience stores have a history of crime and can’t provide adequate security, they should not be allowed to stay open late. It’s a model he said is already working in other states.

Sounds like an example of you should not speak without an attorney.

Person he killed
"He graduated from Warren Central High School and enrolled in the Army for a small stint."

Would be interested in the story behind that.

Two bad choices.. alleged theft and the murder

State rep. In one sentence he said he thinks the killer was well intentioned in the next sentence he says stores should not be allowed open late if they can't provide private security.
How about he works on crime reduction lol

Indiana state Rep. Ed Delaney said Bibbs was doing what he thought was right.

“In my mind, it’s reassuring that there’s still people who feel strongly enough about honesty and about their job that they’ll try to protect the property or their owner from theft or misconduct,” Delaney said Thursday.

The Democrat from Indianapolis said if gas stations and convenience stores have a history of crime and can’t provide adequate security, they should not be allowed to stay open late. It’s a model he said is already working in other states.
Also, in attempting my remorse at being forced to take another life, I don't think I'd go back in the store and wait on two customers before calling 911.

There ain't no winning. The store owners could have buttons to lock the door. Then they could hold the perp by any means necessary till the cops got there. The cops would then let the perp out (with the Red Bull) and charge the store owner with endangerment, racism, hate crime and six other trumped up charges and arrest him. Jack.

Also, in attempting my remorse at being forced to take another life, I don't think I'd go back in the store and wait on two customers before calling 911.

I just say that’s excellent customer service. I’m also the retard who would’ve waited in line after the shooting to get my smokes

I just say that’s excellent customer service. I’m also the retard who would’ve waited in line after the shooting to get my smokes
Good point. You're in the store, the guy behind the counter rushes out the door. You hear gunfire. The counter guy comes back in, and two people are still standing in line.
[rofl]

I decided long ago I would not shoot to protect an employers property, and as for my own there is very little I own that is worth getting dragged thru the legal system to keep.

And I have worked in friends gas stations, C Stores and liquor stores..... I'd shoot to protect a life, but not property.

I love that it’s just another classic case of “the gun just went off”. Like it makes any f***ing difference after you pointed gun at someone’s face whether you pull the trigger or it “went off”.

Red Bulls disgusting by the way

gunmemorial.org: Damon McClain, age 49
...​
5 comments are awaiting approval.
...​
Oh, I bet.

Bibbs said he then went back in the store, waited on two customers, then called 911.
The Customer Is Always Right.

There ain't no winning. The store owners could have buttons to lock the door. Then they could hold the perp by any means necessary till the cops got there. The cops would then let the perp out (with the Red Bull) and charge the store owner with endangerment, racism, hate crime and six other trumped up charges and arrest him. Jack.
Indiana Code 35-33-6-2: Detention of Shoplifters by Owner or Agent

Sec. 2.​
(a) An owner or agent of a store who has probable cause to believe that a theft has occurred ... and who has probable cause to believe that a specific person has committed ... the theft:​
(1) may:​
(A) detain the person ...;​
...​
(C) determine whether the person has in the person's possession unpurchased merchandise taken from the store;​
(D) inform the appropriate law enforcement officers; ...​
...​
(c) The detention must:​
(1) be reasonable and last only for a reasonable time; and​
(2) not extend beyond the arrival of a law enforcement officer or two (2) hours, whichever first occurs.​
As added by Acts 1981, P.L.298, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1982, P.L.204, SEC.11; P.L.77-2009, SEC.6.

gunmemorial.org: Damon McClain, age 49
...​
5 comments are awaiting approval.
...​
Oh, I bet.

The Customer Is Always Right.

Indiana Code 35-33-6-2: Detention of Shoplifters by Owner or Agent

Sec. 2.​
(a) An owner or agent of a store who has probable cause to believe that a theft has occurred ... and who has probable cause to believe that a specific person has committed ... the theft:​
(1) may:​
(A) detain the person ...;​
...​
(C) determine whether the person has in the person's possession unpurchased merchandise taken from the store;​
(D) inform the appropriate law enforcement officers; ...​
...​
(c) The detention must:​
(1) be reasonable and last only for a reasonable time; and​
(2) not extend beyond the arrival of a law enforcement officer or two (2) hours, whichever first occurs.​
As added by Acts 1981, P.L.298, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1982, P.L.204, SEC.11; P.L.77-2009, SEC.6.
I have a hard time feeling bad for him, it doesn't excuse the stupidity of the clerk but if you are going to play in the mud, expect to get dirty.

Back
Top Bottom