Storage Fees Bonded gun shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve clearly never had your car towed by Coletta’s in Providence, guy.
Back in the mid-90s, a young lady playing with the tape deck in her Corolla came off the road, into my yard, rear-ended my full-size Bronco (parallel parked next to the street), and moved it forward about 15 feet (she must have been flying) so that 1 wheel was touching the street. She was ok, but her car was past dead. Every fluid that car had was leaking onto my lawn, every piece of glass had shattered, and the front tires were flat. She had stove in the back bumper and fender on my truck to where it was touching the rear wheel. I got a crowbar out of my shed, bent the fender back enough to clear the wheel, and drove it into my driveway.

Two tow trucks showed up. One hooked her car and dragged it up onto the bed. The other started to line up to back into my driveway when I walked behind him and asked what he was doing. Apparently, he thought he was going to tow it out of my yard and store it in his. I told him it wasn't going anywhere and to get out of my yard. He then demanded a tow response fee and, after I offered to give him my AAA number, said AAA wouldn't cover that kind of tow, and he needed to be paid on the spot in cash. I told him he was out of luck, because the truck was registered, drivable, on my property, and I never called him. He pointed at the cop and said that the cop called him, so I told him to take it up with the cop and headed for the house.

I thought the top of his head was going to come off. Police hooks appear to be a scummy business in some circumstances.

My reading comprehension is fine, and in my opinion you posting "it’s not my fault that your employee is too incompetent to forward you a note with my details and you can’t listen to your messages or check email (you can use this forum no problem though can’t ya) is talking shit.
I'm glad you got your problem solved though.
Last time I checked stating facts was not talking shit🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe for the faint of heart I guess....

My reading comprehension is fine, and in my opinion you posting "it’s not my fault that your employee is too incompetent to forward you a note with my details and you can’t listen to your messages or check email (you can use this forum no problem though can’t ya) is talking shit.

It's a bad look to white knight for a bonded warehouse commie

Just look at it this way, had his employee passed him the detailed note and relayed my message we may not even had gotten this far 🤷🏻‍♂️

Your post makes me think that this thread needs a link to another thread which really tells the story about bonded warehouses.

The thread is long, but it is an interesting read about how the bonded warehouse business really functions. Spoiler alert, Dowd was allegedly offering payments to police departments that sent guns to him.

While thats true I don't think that all BWs operate that way, but the nature of the business sort of lends itself to being more susceptible to that level of greasy conduct.

There's basically only two reasons why a PD uses a bonded warehouse:

shitty - They want to screw over the accused as much as possible to demoralize them and prevent them from trying to get their guns back or their rights. Dowd loved these shithouse
PDs because the rape factor was high.

less shitty, but at least logical-The PD has little or no storage and can't really keep a lot of guns around for any length of time.

Most of the time in the 2nd category even the "crowded" PDs will often do people a mini-solid and say "hey you might want to call an MA FFL dealer to come pick up your shit, at the first of the month the bonded warehouse guy picks up the confiscated guns that havent been claimed and its likely more expensive"

While thats true I don't think that all BWs operate that way, but the nature of the business sort of lends itself to being more susceptible to that level of greasy conduct.

There's basically only two reasons why a PD uses a bonded warehouse:

shitty - They want to screw over the accused as much as possible to demoralize them and prevent them from trying to get their guns back or their rights. Dowd loved these shithouse
PDs because the rape factor was high.

less shitty, but at least logical-The PD has little or no storage and can't really keep a lot of guns around for any length of time.

Most of the time in the 2nd category even the "crowded" PDs will often do people a mini-solid and say "hey you might want to call an MA FFL dealer to come pick up your shit, at the first of the month the bonded warehouse guy picks up the confiscated guns that havent been claimed and its likely more expensive"
I agree with you, I live in a small farm town... barely any crime if any. It wouldn’t have taken much to r
I'd stop while I was ahead.
if I were you I’d mind my business and quit while you’re ahead🤷🏻‍♂️. In the words of Ben Shapiro “Facts don’t care about your feelings”

I agree with you, I live in a small farm town... barely any crime if any. It wouldn’t have taken much to r

if I were you I’d mind my business and quit while you’re ahead🤷🏻‍♂️. In the words of Ben Shapiro “Facts don’t care about your feelings”
You ok today cups? Glad it worked out. Don't need to be defensive. Have a great night

Yeah I’m fine thanks, that wasn’t directed at you, it was directed at the other guy that told me to quit while I was ahead.
Lol yeah I know. Came off a little aggressive on your part. I dont think he meant it that way. We are rooting for ya. Glad its taken care of.

I had a situation where I went to a PD yet to be named to save a couple of guns that were soon going to a BW. I went there with my FFL, state license, letter from the gun owner, etc. The detective wanted to see me log the guns into my bound book. I said OK, follow me. She asked where to, so I told her Littleton because ATF sez that the BB stays at the licensed premises. She took a hissy fit, so I said wait here. I went to the Mill, got a blank BB page and let her watch me fill it out. Takes all kinds. Jack.

Lol yeah I know. Came off a little aggressive on your part. I dont think he meant it that way. We are
Ahhh I see lol well if he didn’t-then I’m sorry for being a bit aggressive lol I took it as somewhat of a threat-considering the context that the person he was associating his comment with was completely wrong in his stance. I was not talking crap by simply calling out an employee dropping the ball. Like I said- if he informed John that I went there on Friday and also gave him the detailed note I left and expressed the fact that I wanted to resolve the situation-it probably wouldn’t even have gotten this far. Let’s face it, no one is going to run your business like yourself but with saying that I don’t believe there’s room for error in the firearm business. Take it from someone who payed the ultimate price for something that essentially turned out to be nothing.

Ahhh I see lol well if he didn’t-then I’m sorry for being a bit aggressive lol I took it as somewhat of a threat-considering the context that the person he was associating his comment with was completely wrong in his stance. I was not talking crap by simply calling out an employee dropping the ball. Like I said- if he informed John that I went there on Friday and also gave him the detailed note I left and expressed the fact that I wanted to resolve the situation-it probably wouldn’t even have gotten this far. Let’s face it, no one is going to run your business like yourself but with saying that I don’t believe there’s room for error in the firearm business. Take it from someone who payed the ultimate price for something that essentially turned out to be nothing.
We are all just glad its resolved. Have a great night with less worrying

Again I just want to reiterate that I did get to meet with John the owner of J&S guns today. We resolved the matter and he seemed like a good guy, we had a great conversation and when I left I felt much better about the whole thing. He was also very fair as far as the fees go-HE ONLY CHARGED ME FOR TRANSFERRING THE FIREARMS AND DROPPED THE OTHER FEES because of the way everything had gone down-that’s a classy move in my book.

I’m not sure who the moderators are but I feel like this comment should be stickyed to the very top of this entire thread- that way folks don’t see just the bad right away and write this guy and shop off.

Again I just want to reiterate that I did get to meet with John the owner of J&S guns today. We resolved the matter and he seemed like a good guy, we had a great conversation and when I left I felt much better about the whole thing. He was also very fair as far as the fees go-HE ONLY CHARGED ME FOR TRANSFERRING THE FIREARMS AND DROPPED THE OTHER FEES because of the way everything had gone down-that’s a classy move in my book.

I’m not sure who the moderators are but I feel like this comment should be stickyed to the very top of this entire thread- that way folks don’t see just the bad right away and write this guy and shop off.

If I were you, I would just append the resolution to the first post.

But the fact that J&S got wind of this thread and came on here to give his side tells me that he atleast cares about his reputation.
True, but I bet it was only because of this thread that he "reached out" and did the right thing. I'll say no more since OP has had this resolved to his satisfaction.

Ok, no problem. You came here with a problem, cried like a little pussy, had offers to help you, but declined, the guy came here and tried to make thing right, and you shit all over him. We don't need a drama queen, grow up and show some class.....asswipe.

Do you have to be green to edit a post title? If not, just add "Resolved - Post #197" to your title. HTH

Ok, no problem. You came here with a problem, cried like a little pussy, had offers to help you, but declined, the guy came here and tried to make thing right, and you shit all over him. We don't need a drama queen, grow up and show some class.....asswipe.
Oh, Cupcake, and go Green, you cheap prick. Did you get your gunz taken away because of "anger issues"? You Just joined NES 3 days ago, and have proven you are a jackass. Now go away.

I wanted to update everyone. I was able to speak with John the owner on the phone this morning to set a meet up today. I just got back home from his shop and everything went smoothly. All my firearms and ammo and accessories were all accounted for and in great shape. Had a great conversation with the guy and he was very fair about the whole thing.
You need to update your first post with this info

Oh, Cupcake, and go Green, you cheap prick. Did you get your gunz taken away because of "anger issues"? You Just joined NES 3 days ago, and have proven you are a jackass. Now go away.
lol Anger issues?!? Lmao you not only have anger issues but obviously you have little dick complex to feel the need to try and be a keyboard tough guy-it really shows how much of a little dick pussy you are 🤡 and clearly you’re a complete moron with zero reading comprehension just like your boyfriend in the above post. I didn’t continue to shit on the guy and I also revised my initial post 🙃 I think I speak for everyone when I say that I hope someone as retarded as you doesn’t actually own firearms 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom