• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Storage Fees Bonded gun shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people really amuse me. I see countless threads on here about capitalism, supply and demand and increased prices are not gouging etc., etc, etc but wow, you really hate these storage places that charge fees. Capitalism comes in all forms. Don't blame the shop, blame the police dept. Not every PD uses a bonded wearhouze
You're an idiot.

Didn’t read the whole thread but not sure why the complaints? Their website says 18,000 happy customers and 100% satisfaction! Guess there’s one in every crowd:)
Not of their bonded warehouse.
What would happen if the cops forced open your safe while holding you at gunpoint, confiscated your paperwork and trashed it. gave your guns to these thefthouse people and said too bad. What recourse do you have in MA? Maybe better to keep the really valuable guns out of state and keep "basics only" at home?
About as much as if they shoot my elderly blind dog. In MA they can even shoot a person whose life matters at point blank range with an AR15 and the ADA will talk of "accident for which no charges are appropriate" before the body is cold, and the officer will remain on active armed duty for a decade and counting after the "ooops". (Duncan shooting Stamps in Framingham, around 1991)

Also, a certified return receipt copy of the same letter will be in the mail the next morning, at the latest.

All one can do is lay the groundwork to document ones request for transfer, as well as provide a sound basis to refute any later claim that the entry into your residence or safe was voluntary.

Police, like most people, like to take the easy path. In many or perhaps even most cases they are not "out to get you" but "get the job done as expeditiously as possible". Theft house pickups are easy - the PD puts your guns in a pile, let the thief inventory everything, and are given a nice set of paperwork to show they did their job. If they are on formal notice transfer has been requested, and that litigation will be initiated if they are turned over to a thefthouse instead of the designated lawful receiver, the calculus of "what is easiest" changes. I had one licensing officer tell me he really hoped nobody came by to turn in a bump stock since he did not want to have the hassle of defending a suit for the value of the stock.

I know of cases where the department was reasonable and provided no obstacles other than the transfer requirement in the law and others where efforts were made to make sure it went to the thefthouse rather than a designated transferee.

You can also increase the odds by not doing "cute tricks" like requesting the guns be transferred to a family member living in your household, but rather a person who lives elsewhere. Tell the PD that a father/mother/brother/spouse who shares an address with you will be accepting transfer of the guns is likely to provoke resistance from the PD.

Last edited:
You people really amuse me. I see countless threads on here about capitalism, supply and demand and increased prices are not gouging etc., etc, etc but wow, you really hate these storage places that charge fees. Capitalism comes in all forms. Don't blame the shop, blame the police dept. Not every PD uses a bonded wearhouze
It's not capitalism (and is in fact the opposite) when the actual owner of the property doesn't get a say in where it goes....after the government takes it from him. And in this case the "bonded warhouse" doesn't even have to compete with other companies for price.....and gets to f*** the owner of the property over for as much money as they want.

This isn't capitalism. You should educate yourself on it a little more.

I will as soon as I move out of Massivetwoshits. Thank you
Didn't I read in one of your earlier posts that the pd took your guns a year ago? Why did you wait so long to inquire about your property? Seems like you dropped the ball yourself a little in this case. Just being honest.

Last edited:
Memberships benefits include ability to upload attachments totaling up to 10mb to the server, private messages storage goes from 50 to 5000 messages, ability set self to invisible mode, use a personal signature, ability to upload a profile picture to the server, ability to upload a avatar picture to the server, and access to the NES Members Forum. ***Absolutely no refunds, by signing up for a membership you agree to these terms.*** I have no need to upload attachments or store private messages.

Other benefits include:
  • Access to sell items in the classifieds, I have sold fewer than 10 guns in the last 40 years. Means nothing to me.
  • Firearms giveaway every month, I've seen those, nothing that interests me
  • Frequent NES Members group shoots, at least 3 per year, Im a loner
  • Frequent NES Members luncheons/dinners, Im a loner
  • All Group Buys are restricted to NES Members only, I have many friends and family members who have FFLs, get plenty of good deals
  • NES Tours/Trips to firearms manufacturers plants, etc., Who cares
  • Special Discount deals As I said, I have many friends and family members who have FFLs

you forgot stickers. You can't get stickers if you are not a member.

I'll respond to all the derisive comments one time. It is capitalism. Yes the state of Massachusetts created this entire bonded wearhouse thing but if it is as profitable as everyone here says it is then many folks would be setting these things up. Then there would be competition. It is probably not very profitable, with burglar and fire protection, insurance, employees, regulatory compliance etc. That is probably why there are so few of these wear houses. I do not see how this is gouging and horrible and a bad thing when all these same folks say that ammo venders can charge whatever they want. And if you don't like things you are free to run for office and effect change. Or just move. And I have a lot of friends in MA and not every PD does the whole wearhouse thing.

In response to all those who say go green, I looked at the Green benefits again, heres the list and the reasons why Green is not for me:

Memberships benefits include ability to upload attachments totaling up to 10mb to the server, private messages storage goes from 50 to 5000 messages, ability set self to invisible mode, use a personal signature, ability to upload a profile picture to the server, ability to upload a avatar picture to the server, and access to the NES Members Forum. ***Absolutely no refunds, by signing up for a membership you agree to these terms.*** I have no need to upload attachments or store private messages.

Other benefits include:
  • Access to sell items in the classifieds, I have sold fewer than 10 guns in the last 40 years. Means nothing to me.
  • All Group Buys are restricted to NES Members only, I have many friends and family members who have FFLs, get plenty of good deals
  • Special Discount deals As I said, I have many friends and family members who have FFLs

Your going to be very popular here.

Ohh and your still wrong.

OP:

The owner of J&S has been sick, in and out of the hospital, might be why you're getting the runaround.

Shoot me a PM and I'll go with you to get them, and will then transfer your guns to whomever you want free of charge. If you can't get anyone over there let me know and I'll text one of the guys who works there.

OP:

The owner of J&S has been sick, in and out of the hospital, might be why you're getting the runaround.

Shoot me a PM and I'll go with you to get them, and will then transfer your guns to whomever you want free of charge. If you can't get anyone over there let me know and I'll text one of the guys who works there.
I appreciate that, I’ll keep it in mind for sure. I’m not going bat shit on them. I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but it’s hard to because of a few red flags right off the bat for an example the letter dated back in January however it’s post marked 4 days ago....

Didn't I read in one of your earlier posts that the pd took your guns a year ago? Why did you wait so long to inquire about your property? Seems like you dropped the ball yourself a little in this case. Just being honest.
Yes I guess I did drop the ball a bit because it had been a long court process that ended up getting squashed at the end and I was just relieved to have it over with also I was completely unaware of how this part of it all worked (ignorance is no excuse) however I’m trying to get the matter resolved but kinda getting the run around... that’s the issue at hand right now.

Before we go completely batshit crazy on this shop, does anyone actually know for sure if it is a predatory MA bonded warehouse?

I have no idea. This is the first I heard of them in that light. Let's remember that some everyday gun shops also offer storage services. [thinking]
There’s another review of them online basically the exact same situation. Firearms were in their storage system and the guy was getting the run around.

I’m not going bat shit on them.
My comment was not aimed at you at all. It was aimed at the greater NES membership. All I am saying is let's be damn sure this shop is, indeed, a predatory MA bonded warehouse before we go dissing them. I try to keep up on which businesses are MA bonded warehouses masquerading as everyday honest gun shops. This one would be a new one on me. [thinking]

There’s another review of them online basically the exact same situation. Firearms were in their storage system and the guy was getting the run around.
Well, okay. If they are truly bonded warehouse scum, then now we know about it. Start the boycott.

All I'm saying is let's be damn sure. Let's not put a gun shop out of business without verifying.

I'll respond to all the derisive comments one time. It is capitalism. Yes the state of Massachusetts created this entire bonded wearhouse thing but if it is as profitable as everyone here says it is then many folks would be setting these things up. Then there would be competition. It is probably not very profitable, with burglar and fire protection, insurance, employees, regulatory compliance etc. That is probably why there are so few of these wear houses. I do not see how this is gouging and horrible and a bad thing when all these same folks say that ammo venders can charge whatever they want. And if you don't like things you are free to run for office and effect change. Or just move. And I have a lot of friends in MA and not every PD does the whole wearhouse thing.

In response to all those who say go green, I looked at the Green benefits again, heres the list and the reasons why Green is not for me:

Other benefits include:
Lol. What a clown.

FYI, the reason to “go green” has nothing to do with any of the reasons you mention. The reason is to support the overall gun owning community. The one that’s constantly under attack. Same reason to support GOAL. Has nothing to do with what personal benefit is.

You’re one rung below a FUDD. Whatever the hell that even is.

All I'm saying is let's be damn sure. Let's not put a gun shop out of business without verifying.

In terms of magnitude, the 'cray cray' meter is far from pegging on batshit.

The shop is holding onto his property and has issued some sort of notice. Issuing notice seems, to me, to indicate they are following legal requirements before dispositioning the property in a situation where 'time is of the essence'. OP has since stepped up to the table.

The optics of a 'run-around' or slow walking really doesn't work towards a favorable perception. Kind-of up to the shop to decide to do the right thing, to engage the OP in a fair manner, and to address the situation. Could be something simple for instance, 'we got you, let's get this done xx/xx".

As far as the shop owner being sick, sorry to sound insensitive, but bs. I'm assuming the shop remains open for regular business?

OP, 'behind enemy lines' sound as though he's willing to help moderate. I'd consider taking that offer.

Lol. What a clown.

FYI, the reason to “go green” has nothing to do with any of the reasons you mention. The reason is to support the overall gun owning community. The one that’s constantly under attack. Same reason to support GOAL. Has nothing to do with what personal benefit is.

You’re one rung below a FUDD. Whatever the hell that even is.
Going green supports the 2a?
I thought donations to Goal, COmm2, 2af, etc. did that.
Does NES do 2a donations?

I appreciate that, I’ll keep it in mind for sure.
Dude, you're obviously juggling a lot of chainsaws,
but @Behind Enemy Lines made you an offer that
countless hundreds of (former) Mass gun owners
only wish someone could have extended to them
when they were getting scrod by Village Vault.

Take your foot off the freaking clutch and contact him.

Just an update, I spoke with the owner on Saturday he told me he was “too busy at the moment” and that he only does transfers on Monday and I believe Friday. He told me to call him today.... I called and got the answering machine...shocker.

In terms of magnitude, the 'cray cray' meter is far from pegging on batshit.

The shop is holding onto his property and has issued some sort of notice. Issuing notice seems, to me, to indicate they are following legal requirements before dispositioning the property in a situation where 'time is of the essence'. OP has since stepped up to the table.

The optics of a 'run-around' or slow walking really doesn't work towards a favorable perception. Kind-of up to the shop to decide to do the right thing, to engage the OP in a fair manner, and to address the situation. Could be something simple for instance, 'we got you, let's get this done xx/xx".

As far as the shop owner being sick, sorry to sound insensitive, but bs. I'm assuming the shop remains open for regular business?

OP, 'behind enemy lines' sound as though he's willing to help moderate. I'd consider taking that offer.
Yes regardless of being sick or whatever the issue is they remain open for normal business hours.

1612807643215.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom