storage and transport

Yes, I know I should read all the old posts and I have but I still would like to check with you experts on these two items with Class A unrestricted for handgiuns:
1) transport within MA in car.
In the holster loaded is clear OK, but how about loaded and locked in the trunk. My interpretation is No. Loaded mag locked in the trunk, also No.
2) home storage, loaded and locked in a box OK.
Correct?

Last edited:
Yes, I know I should read all the old posts and I have but I still would like to check with you experts on these two items with Class A unrestricted:
1) transport within MA in car.
In the holster loaded is clear OK, but how about loaded and locked in the trunk. My interpretation is No. Loaded clip locked in the trunk, also No.
2) home storage, loaded and locked in a box OK.
Correct?

Mass holster (in direct control) loaded - okay
Unloaded for MA transport otherwise. In my opinion loaded magazines are okay, provided they're not in the firearm. Same for clips.[wink]
home storage loaded, not just okay, encouraged [smile]

Mass holster (in direct control) loaded - okay
Unloaded for MA transport otherwise. In my opinion loaded magazines are okay, provided they're not in the firearm. Same for clips.[wink]
home storage loaded, not just okay, encouraged [smile]

Yes this is exactly the point I am not sure about. The gun is in the trunk in a locked box. The mags are loaded and back there too locked in the box as in going to the range with loaded mags. I think this may be illegal because it is considered a loaded gun not under your direct control, because the mag is loaded even if not inserted.

And this seems strange to me. I can have a loaded gun locked in a box in my house even if I am not home but cannot have a loaded gun locked in a box in the trunk of my car while I am in the car.

Last edited:
Does anyone in Mass EVER get to the range? With all the BS you worry about, I really wonder.

Not without 22 different locks, a trailer towed behind the car to seperate guns and mags and still committing 12 different felonies......

Back
Top Bottom