STOP SB 357 - Banning Firearms in Safe School Zones

GUN OWNERS OF NEW HAMPSHIRE - OFFICIAL MINUTE MAN ALERT

MINUTE MAN ALERT – STOP SB 357

In response to the tragedy that occurred in Parkland, Florida, Senator Martha Hennessey of District 5, without notice, offered an unprecedented floor amendment to SB 357 that gives authority to school boards to determine whether to prohibit the possession of firearms in a safe school zone. The effect is that local school boards will have the power to infringe on your Right to Bear Arms.

This bill is not about making schools safer, Senator Hennessey is utilizing the Parkland tragedy to further her goal to diminish the Second Amendment. On the day of the Parkland tragedy, Florida already had statutes prohibiting firearms in school zones. That enabled shooter, Nikolas Cruz, to walk his criminal intentions through the doors of Parkland school and complete his criminal act with the surety that not one person was in a position to defend either themselves or the children.

Senator Hennessey now seek to provide that same safety to any would be criminals with similar intent here in New Hampshire. Meanwhile, in Florida the House and Senate is seeking to end gun free school zones and arm their teachers to deter potential would be attackers and defend against them.

Therefore, while Florida, who has suffered this tragedy seeks to take common sense measures to deter and defend against these tragedies, Senator Hennessey is seeking to gain momentum in limiting our Right to Bear Arms by capitalizing on the tragedy. Do not allow this to happen. Contact the members of the Senate Education Committee and tell them to vote against SB 357.

SENATE EDUCATION COMMITTEE:

Chairman Senator John Reagan, , 603-271-4063 email [email protected]
Vice Chairman Senator Bob Guida, 603-271-3074 email [email protected]
Senator Ruth Ward 603-271-6733 email [email protected]
Senator David Watters 603-271-8631 email: [email protected]
Senator Jay Kahn 603-271-8631 email: [email protected]

Mitchell W. Kopacz
President
Gun Owners of New Hampshire

Thank you for sending out the alert. There is a online petition that will be turned in at the hearing for those that cannot be there. Please sign and share with others.
Stop the 2018 Gun & Self Defense Ban

Attachments

• Clinton-Hennessey team900-900.png
    Clinton-Hennessey team900-900.png
    487.6 KB · Views: 18
Please note, this hearing is scheduled for March 13th at 10am. GONH is hopeful that all like minded supporters of the Second Amendment will come out and either testify or sign in indicating their opposition to this amendment.

This is the spot where, if this were MA or FL or TX or Alabamalama, several "northern states" folks would talk about how that's a cesspool and good luck to them but they are fudged. Because you just move to a "free" state like NH or Maine or Vermont if you are smart.

But I'm not that guy. What organizations in NH are helping gun-owners, New Hamster-ites? I'd like to send a donation to help.

This is the spot where, if this were MA or FL or TX or Alabamalama, several "northern states" folks would talk about how that's a cesspool and good luck to them but they are fudged. Because you just move to a "free" state like NH or Maine or Vermont if you are smart.

But I'm not that guy. What organizations in NH are helping gun-owners, New Hamster-ites? I'd like to send a donation to help.

NHFC and GONH.

GONH, Gun Owners of New Hampshire, is the NRA affiliate for the State of NH and posted this alert. The NRA will issuing an alert on SB357 shortly.

You may recall that last week I wrote to you about Senator Martha Hennessey’s Gun and Self Defense Ban. This is an all out emergency. I need you to contact the Senate Education Committee, as well as your own State Senators AND attend the Tuesday, March 13 public hearing before the Senate Education Committee which will begin at 10 AM in Representatives Hall. I heard that far left activists will be at the State House on March 13 so we need a strong showing of concerned gun owners. You do not need to speak, you just can sign in as being opposed to the Hennessey Gun and Self Defense Ban. Even if you plan to attend, please send the below email to your Senator.

Here is what I need you to do right now, first click here to sign our Petition to Stop the 2018 Gun & Self Defense Ban. Then, please ask your friends and family to sign our petition as well. We will print and deliver your petitions to the Senate Education Committee, The Senate President, Speaker of the House and Governor Sununu. After you sign the petition, please write to the Education Committee as well as your own State Senator using the below prewritten message:

SENATE EDUCATION COMMITTEE:

Chairman Senator John Reagan, 603-271-4063 email [email protected]
Vice Chairman Senator Bob Guida, 603-271-3074 email [email protected]
Senator Ruth Ward 603-271-6733 email [email protected]
Senator David Watters 603-271-8631 email: [email protected]
Senator Jay Kahn 603-271-8631 email: [email protected]

Click here to find out who your own Senators are and how to contact them.

Please send use this prewritten message to let your Senators know we want the Hennessey Gun and Self Defense Ban defeated!

Dear Senators,

Please vote NO on Senator Hennessey’s amendment allowing local school boards to ban guns. This amendment appears to have been offered in response to the murders in Florida. Those murders were a direct result of Florida’s self defense gun ban and law enforcement’s failure to act; the murders were also a result of cowardice by some Deputy Sheriff’s. We do not have a problem in New Hampshire schools precisely because we allow law abiding adults to carry guns. A would be murderer does not know if his intended victims are armed and able to fight back. That is a powerful deterrent. Please do not act on emotion, but rather on facts, and the facts are that guns, in the hands of law abiding people, save lives. Furthermore, every violent criminal shooting has occurred in places where guns are banned. Don’t let the criminals win, please vote NO on the Hennessey Gun and Self Defense Ban!

Thank you,

Remember to sign our Petition to Stop the 2018 Gun & Self Defense Ban, we will deliver them to the State House.

Opponents doubling down, more calls needed, gun ban still alive…

Her response is completely expected (since she sponsored it), but I was surprised to receive a "non-canned" answer, and 20 minutes after I emailed her, and at 10:50pm on a Saturday night.

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. I have no intention of taking guns from law abiding citizens. I’m sorry you see it that way.
Martha Hennessey

Sen. Martha S. Hennessey
NH Senate, District 5
Health & Human Services; Judiciary

LOB 5, Concord, NH 03301
603-271-7875

The hearing on Tuesday is important. Please make every effort to show up. The State House webpage will show if this is canceled. I doubt this will be canceled, but anything is possible.
Check here: NH General Court

Back
Top Bottom