Stop Extreme Gun Control Bills

Stop Extreme Gun Control Bills

Alert Summary

Members of Congress are seeking to pass H.R. 127, an extreme and unconstitutional gun control bill that would effectively nullify the Second Amendment, along with H.R. 8, H.R. 1446, H.R. 1808, and S. 736.

Stop-Extreme-Gun-Control-Bills-825x491-1.png

URGENT: The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has scheduled a gun control hearing for Tuesday, March 23, 2021, at 10 am EDT. Urge your Senators to oppose all gun control legislation, including the House-approved H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446, along with H.R. 127, H.R. 1808, and S. 736!

Members of Congress are seeking to pass an extreme and unconstitutional gun control bill that would effectively nullify the Second Amendment.

Here are the highlights of H.R. 127’s provisions:

• It creates a national firearm registry that anyone – including every level of law enforcement and the military – can access.
  • The registry would require one to tell the government exactly where one’s firearms are stored.
  • One would need a license simply to own a firearm.
  • Mandatory “psychological evaluations” are required receive this license.
  • One would need to pay $800 for “firearm insurance.”
  • It would enact extreme ammunition restrictions, including a ban on magazines more than 10 rounds.
  • Violating the above provisions could lead to a prison sentence of up to 40 years and a fine of up to $150,000.

Additionally, Congress is seeking to pass the following other unconstitutional gun control bills:

• H.R. 8, titled the “Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021”: This bill would criminalize most private firearm transactions and expand background check requirements. The House of Representatives passed this bill on March 11, 2021, by a 227-203 vote.
  • H.R. 1446, titled the “Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2021”: This bill would expand the federal waiting period for purchasing and obtaining a firearm from 3 to at least 10 days. The House passed this bill on March 11, 2021, by a 219-210 vote.
  • H.R. 1808 / S. 736, both titled the “Assault Weapons Ban of 2021”: These bills would ban 205 specific firearms erroneously classified as “assault weapons,” along with any other firearm meeting certain characteristics.

H.R. 127, titled the “Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act,” was introduced by Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) at the beginning of the 117th Congress. It would enact a number of extreme gun control measures.

Among the bill’s other provisions, it would create a national firearm registration system that every gun owner would need to submit to. Although maintained by the U.S. Attorney General, it would be “accessible to all members of the public, all Federal, State, and local law enforcement authorities, all branches of the United States Armed Forces, and all State and local government.”

Not only this, but among other information that gun owners would need to provide, they would need to inform the government where, exactly, they store their firearms and the identity of any person they loan it to.

Such a registry would enable the government to easily confiscate people’s weapons at a future date, similar to what actually happened in other countries like Australia.

Although a national gun registry is a blatantly unconstitutional proposal that would also violate the privacy of millions of Americans, it is far from the only extreme provision of H.R. 127. For example, the bill would create a nationwide gun license that every American would be forced to have simply to own a firearm – such a license is a direct violation of the core constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Among other burdensome requirements to receive such a license, one would need to undergo a “psychological evaluation,” take a training course, and have “firearm insurance” that would cost $800 to obtain – a requirement that discriminates against the poor.

Additionally, the U.S. Attorney General would have relatively broad authority to deny, suspend, or revoke licenses. Not only this, but after only three years, one would have to renew their license – subject to taking another training course.

If passed, H.R. 127 would make it illegal to own magazines with more than 10 rounds, along with ammunition at or over 0.50 caliber. Since the bill does not contain a grandfather clause, the government could confiscate firearms banned by the bill.

Last, but not least, the penalties for violating any of H.R. 127’s provisions range up to a 40-year prison sentence and/or a $150,000 fine.

H.R. 127 represents an assault on the Second Amendment of the Constitution, and if passed, it would directly infringe upon it in multiple ways. Additionally, its provisions – particularly its national gun registry – would enable the federal government to more easily implement further gun control measures, including confiscations.

The ability of a person to defend him- or herself is a fundamental God-given right. Stripping individuals of this right would make them utterly dependent upon the government for their very lives and allow it to strip them of other rights without fear of reprisal.

It is imperative that we protect the Second Amendment. Thus, urge your U.S. representatives and senators to oppose H.R. 127, H.R. 8, H.R. 1446, H.R. 1808, S. 736, and any other legislation that infringes upon the right to self-defense.

Although we provide a way to easily email legislators (blue box), we know from long experience that it takes a lot more interaction with your legislators to get your point across than that provided by emails alone.

That's why we provide an easy way not only to email them, but to contact them by phone, tweet, and even video message them.

I would have expected Austin. But like the above mentioned, redistricting to boost DNC has been a war since the 70s.

As to this pack of bills? I believe the court cases are immediate.
1. All shops who make .50 kit. (plus owners)
2. 17 states (really more, but I'm assuming MA will just adopt this as written) have a case due to this Fed level law violating their constitution
3. Us plebians who have standard capacity mags.
4. Ar-15 market.

All could and should instantly go straight to SCOTUS.

But will they?

This is nut job trying to pass this bill:

Talk about gerrymandered maps!

How did this extreme leftwing nut job get into office in Houston Texas anyway?

Well, I take it you are from around here and are probably under 40. DAhhhhlink. Sitdown! Letmetellyouastory!

Remember that the ENTIRE South was Democrat right up until the 80's. Look at LBJ. Ann Whatwashername (gosh she was a C). The excitement and shock at Kennedy's arrival in 63. They still hold some sway in the region.

Also keep in mind that rural areas, regardless of geographical location, tend to be more conservative and urban areas, regardless of geographic location, tend to be more liberal. Ergo, a place "like Houston" can EASILY get a SJL.

yeah.. here in MA, any conservative outreach to your rulers will fall on deaf ears.. keep voting with the hopes that someday we'll get someone on our side elected, and keep praying that other state's pols are actually sane.

yeah.. here in MA, any conservative outreach to your rulers will fall on deaf ears.. keep voting with the hopes that someday we'll get someone on our side elected, and keep praying that other state's pols are actually sane.

I remember calling Markey and Warrens office during the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. The lady from Warrens office was like "uh huh, yep yep yep, okay, thanks for calling". I'm sure the second I hung up whatever I said was tossed in the garbage. At least the guy from Markeys office took the time to listen. It still fell on deaf ears.

I would have expected Austin. But like the above mentioned, redistricting to boost DNC has been a war since the 70s.

As to this pack of bills? I believe the court cases are immediate.
1. All shops who make .50 kit. (plus owners)
2. 17 states (really more, but I'm assuming MA will just adopt this as written) have a case due to this Fed level law violating their constitution
3. Us plebians who have standard capacity mags.
4. Ar-15 market.

All could and should instantly go straight to SCOTUS.

But will they?
Still waiting on all the Healey BS to go the Supreme Court... soooooo I wouldn’t count on anything now.

I know we all expect that MA will vote blue always. However, this past election (especially putting Shiva's comments under the microscope) make me wonder how long MA election fraud has been going on. Maybe Mass is a bit more purple than we're led to believe?

Well, I take it you are from around here and are probably under 40. DAhhhhlink. Sitdown! Letmetellyouastory!

Remember that the ENTIRE South was Democrat right up until the 80's. Look at LBJ. Ann Whatwashername (gosh she was a C). The excitement and shock at Kennedy's arrival in 63. They still hold some sway in the region.

Also keep in mind that rural areas, regardless of geographical location, tend to be more conservative and urban areas, regardless of geographic location, tend to be more liberal. Ergo, a place "like Houston" can EASILY get a SJL.
Under 40 until September. I think I heard Dinesh Dsouza mention that in Hillary 2016 documentary. I wasn't around to see it though. Didn't realize the flip was in the 80s. Thought it was in the 40s or something. That's interesting.

I know we all expect that MA will vote blue always. However, this past election (especially putting Shiva's comments under the microscope) make me wonder how long MA election fraud has been going on. Maybe Mass is a bit more purple than we're led to believe?
Yep NYC and other places too, there are red states and there are rigged states.

Because of you f'ing Yankees moving down here.
f*** no. You in your Houston got your own local breed of that vermin. Do not look at north - that one is your own.
Keep up good voting, may be they will take away your hats next.

f*** no. You in your Houston got your own local breed of that vermin. Do not look at north - that one is your own.
Keep up good voting, may be they will take away your hats next.
No true Texan would vote for this crap. My parents are transplants, and part of the problem. Me, however, I stand and put my hand over my heart when I say the word "Texas".

Because of you f'ing Yankees moving down here.
Not why Jackson Lee is entrenched. She panders to a particular base in Houston. Nothing to do with Yankees.

Surprised the SJW's have not spray painted her and knocked her over. She's named after two famous Southern generals and slave owners. One became president.

Back
Top Bottom