• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

STOP ERPO TODAY!!! - Light Up The State House Phones!

Really doesn't matter, it could be $1.00 or a $1,000,000. One day in jail or life imprisonment. There's no way
someone filing a false report will ever be arrested, charged, brought to trial, and convicted for something like that in
this state... especially with our current AG, but simple possession of a bump stock and the offender could be facing
20 years in prison. Where's the f***ing justice?

This!, this is why keep ones Issues private, keep your friends small, and above all ABOVE ALL, if your in a f***ed up relationship, END IT ASAP!. The people running this State make me Sick, it wouldn't be that bad but for me the issues is they are a bunch of Hypocrites, do as I say not as I do.

KEEP VOTING FOR THESE a**h***S AND THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!.

this BS is going to drive the next step: affidavit at next renewal that the only guns you have are the ones they think you have.

If your that f***ed up maybe they should pull all the knives out of your house, suspend your drivers license...and if you have any professional license like and MD or RN pull them too...shit I don't want you operating on me if your whako!!

What a crock of shit this whole thing is!!

If your that f***ed up maybe they should pull all the knives out of your house, suspend your drivers license...and if you have any professional license like and MD or RN pull them too...shit I don't want you operating on me if your whako!!

The True crock of shit here is, we have TRUE MENTAL MORONS, that being LIBERALS! making judgments and profiling others with FAKE laws created out of thin air. Nothing NOTHING! trumps the Bill of Rights.

This had nothing to do with mental health. They fully admitted it was just a gun grabbing scheme.

Really doesn't matter, it could be $1.00 or a $1,000,000. One day in jail or life imprisonment. There's no way
someone filing a false report will ever be arrested, charged, brought to trial, and convicted for something like that in
this state... especially with our current AG, but simple possession of a bump stock and the offender could be facing
20 years in prison. Where's the f***ing justice?

Very true. EVERYONE (police, DAs, judges. lawyers) know that both parties lie in a divorce action. When was the last time either party was ever charged with lying under oath? NEVER!! And it is not just like that in Mass, it's everywhere.

So I have a question about ERPO.
Suppose you have a real abuser with guns. Beats up his wife, etc, real bad crazy guy.
His wife or GF files a petition to get away his guns.
Instead of showing up for the hearing he shoots her instead and then goes out in a blaze of glory.

It really seems that people who are actually at risk will be afraid to file such a petition and the ones actually filing them will be either anti gun nutjobs or vindictive exes.

Police will continue to do what they've always been doing. Suspend/revoke LTC and clean out the house on the first visit. They aren't going to wait for 1 day or 10 days to confiscate and MGL supports them doing this today under "suitability" without any ERPO law.

Extreme risk’ gun bill passes Massachusetts House

BOSTON (AP) — A proposal allowing for the temporary removal of firearms from people considered a danger to themselves or others was overwhelmingly approved on Wednesday by lawmakers in Massachusetts.

Several other U.S. states have approved or are weighing so-called “red flag” gun bills in response to a spate of recent mass shootings, including deadly school shootings in Florida and Texas.

“We’re showing the nation that you can respect the Constitution and still enact commonsense gun legislation,” said Rep. Marjorie Decker, a Cambridge Democrat and chief sponsor of the Massachusetts bill.

Idi Laughing.gif

'Extreme risk' gun bill passes Massachusetts House

We're going to have to plan the next great NES fishing tournament and trap shoot soon. This year I think it should be off the south east side of Martha's Vineyard so its a bit more readily accessible.

The chief of police deemed you suitable when you got your LTC. I think you could embarrass the chief if you got red flagged or at least put the spotlight on him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You really think f**ktards like Deleo, Cynthia Creem, Sonia Diaz, etc, GAF about you lighting up their phones?

According to legislators like that (Ca, NJ, NY, Ma, Ct, etc):
  1. You're the enemy, plain and simple.
  2. How dare you assume you have rights that don't fit their agenda?
  3. You don't matter, there's not enough of you to care about, we will rule you.
Our best bet would be to move out completely, and never return.

And in other news, George Zimmerman gets to keep his guns... [rofl] [banana][rofl]

George Zimmerman gets to keep his guns after Florida judge denies accuser's injunction request in stalking case

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood patrolman who was acquitted of killing Florida teen Trayvon Martin, gets to keeps his guns after a judge rejected an injunction request.

Private investigator Dennis Warren filed a protection order against Zimmerman, accusing the 34-year-old of stalking and sending him 185 threatening messages between Dec. 16 and 25, 2017.

Lawyer Jason Breslin, who is representing Warren, told the Daily News Tuesday he and his client are disappointed Seminole County Judge Jerri Collins denied the protection order against Zimmerman.

Breslin said he filed a petition before Monday’s hearing requesting that Zimmerman stay 500 feet away from Warren, barring him from carrying firearms and requiring him to undergo a mental health evaluation.

George Zimmerman keeps his guns after judge denies injunction

So basically if you have no friends, no family and don't talk to your neighbors this bill won't effect you.

But wait that is the kind of situations they want to stop!
According to the bill household members are people who live in your house so your neighbors can go piss up a rope if they start bitching when they see a gun shaped case go from your house to your car on the way to the Range. Crazy ex-girlfriends and blood relatives are the ones you should be worried about.

According to the bill household members are people who live in your house so your neighbors can go piss up a rope if they start bitching when they see a gun shaped case go from your house to your car on the way to the Range. Crazy ex-girlfriends and blood relatives are the ones you should be worried about.
It's a really short rope. All your neighbors have to do is talk to the police who then file the ERPO request themselves.

Police will continue to do what they've always been doing. Suspend/revoke LTC and clean out the house on the first visit. They aren't going to wait for 1 day or 10 days to confiscate and MGL supports them doing this today under "suitability" without any ERPO law.

We're going to have to plan the next great NES fishing tournament and trap shoot soon. This year I think it should be off the south east side of Martha's Vineyard so its a bit more readily accessible.
What are the repercussions of saying you lost them anyway?? Assuming you knew someone is/was going to file an ERPO against you?

I know everyone jokes about it but what if someone just told the police when they come to your door, "I lost them"....

Lost them meaning gave them to a licensed friend/relative or moved them to an out of state home.

What are the repercussions of saying you lost them anyway?? Assuming you knew someone is/was going to file an ERPO against you?

I know everyone jokes about it but what if someone just told the police when they come to your door, "I lost them"....

Lost them meaning gave them to a licensed friend/relative or moved them to an out of state home.
Admission of lost guns without filing a report is a crime in itself, just tell them they are properly stored elsewhere but don’t tell them where. If it comes to that your already f***ed as it is.

Admission of lost guns without filing a report is a crime in itself, just tell them they are properly stored elsewhere but don’t tell them where. If it comes to that your already f***ed as it is.

It's a court order and violation will result in a fine of $5000 and/or 2 1/2 years in prison. ERPO is bad enough. Not sure gaming the system is going to end well.

You can sell them to a friend via EFA10/FFL Xfr but said friend will then own them and would be subject to fines/prison if you had access. Friend may not have $20,000 on hand to buy your collection so you may sell at $1 each. Friend dies, his estate owns them. Best option is to transfer to FFL and sell them. They're only guns. If you get a license back they can all be replaced.

Last edited:
It's a court order and violation will result in a fine of $5000 and/or 2 1/2 years in prison. ERPO is bad enough. Not sure gaming the system is going to end well.

You can sell them to a friend via EFA10/FFL Xfr but said friend will then own them and would be subject to fines/prison if you had access. Friend may not have $20,000 on hand to buy your collection so you may sell at $1 each. Friend dies, his estate owns them. Best option is to transfer to FFL and sell them. They're only guns. If you get a license back they can all be replaced.

Sell them via out of state FFL to a relative who lives in a free state. Chances are pretty slim your father/mother/brother/sister is going to f*** you over, though it happens.

It would end just fine if you did it properly. ERPO doesn't go beyond MA, (yet) you get the guns out of MA and get your lawyer to politely tell them to f***
off. Or you get the guns to an FFL, sell them off (or hold until you leave) and get out of MA.

Guess it wouldn't make any difference if you had all your guns at your "summer" home in NH, huh?

It makes a huge difference because if you got stuff off the books that only "exists" at a "foreign" location they can't really touch it.

-Mike

Sell them via out of state FFL to a relative who lives in a free state. Chances are pretty slim your father/mother/brother/sister is going to f*** you over, though it happens.
Are you planning on doing this after they are confiscated or before?

Back
Top Bottom