• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

STOP ERPO TODAY!!! - Light Up The State House Phones!

Decker is sitting behind the speaker with a very smug, self satisfied look on her face.

Voting now on amendment which would notify issuing authority of any other type of license that the licensee has been deemed an extreme risk...
....and it just lost 115-35

They literally just voted to recognize that a person is dangerously mentally ill and let them keep things like a license to drive a school bus

The legislature will have blood on its hands after the first person that flips their shit after receiving an ERPO, and thanks to the lack of a mental health component, goes and drives a vehicle through masses of pedestrians or burns a house down or a long list of other awful things with readily available common objects.

Of course when that happens they'll pass some other unrelated bullshit under the guise of 'doing something!' yet again.

Not going to happen in ANY state.

Not quite:
"Participants at the 4th annual Second Amendment Rally hosted by Women's Defense League of New Hampshire listen to the speakers at the State House on ."

attachment.aspx

PHOTOS: 4th annual New Hampshire Second Amendment Rally

011418guns01.jpg

"Gun owners rally to promote the right to bear arms in front of the Statehouse in"
New Hampshire towns trigger gun fight

The legislature will have blood on its hands after the first person that flips their shit after receiving an ERPO, and thanks to the lack of a mental health component, goes and drives a vehicle through masses of pedestrians or burns a house down or a long list of other awful things with readily available common objects.

Of course when that happens they'll pass some other unrelated bullshit under the guise of 'doing something!' yet again.
Shaming only works if someone has a moral compass by which to feel shame. Most of these pols do not.

Well, I'm back. Thanks to others for updating. Amendments adopted:

7, 8: Minor technical corrections
15: ERPO can be in effect for up to 1 year rather than will be in effect for 1 year (judge has discretion to shorten term of order)
16: Confiscation occurs within 24 hours of the order rather than immediately
17: minor
19: Basically, data must be collected and regularly reported to a variety of political bodies
21: Unbelievably, this lowers the fine for a false petition from $5k to $2.5k. It also allows for both fine and imprisonment rather than either or.
23: More data collection/reporting.
24: 45 day enactment period rather than 30 (this amendment was adopted after changing 60 to 45)
25: Gives SJC and appeals courts concurrent jurisdiction over any proceedings, rulings, etc etc done with ERPOs. Also allows them to rule changes to the process of reviewing ERPO decisions if the process can be made more efficient/speedy.
26: Finally a bit of due process, but not much. This says that anyone receiving an ERPO hearing must be served with notice at least 7 days prior to the hearing by a LEO or other method (process server)

We interrupt this program to note that amendment 30, the stun gun bullshit, was REJECTED. Good news in my book, but I was not able to watch the stream to see if some other BS around this issue arose. I'll definitely want to see the debate on that.

Finally,
43: Can only surrender to licensed dealers. Licensing authorities that confiscate can do whatever they want with collections 180 days after the ERPO expires if they can't reasonably identify anyone qualified to receive them (e.g. a family member or friend with an LTC). Also, "The court may modify its order at any subsequent time upon motion by either party." Bunch of other gobbledygook.

All other amendments failed or were withdrawn. Mostly failed, I'd say, when it comes to the ones that mattered. This bill pretty much passed as written.

Bill passed the house, 139 to 14. If you want to know how people voted, there will be a supplement added to the bill's page. It's not up yet.

I would also like to say, it ain't over til it's over. Time to call your senators and the governor's office. Remind the governor how he was elected.

LATEST FROM GOAL:
4/17/18 Update

The legislation, (H.3610) was reported favorably out of the Public Safety Committee and will now head to House Ways & Means Committee. We will update with more information as soon as possible. At this time we have no timeline on when the bill might come up for vote again.

I would like to know why this was reported FAVORABLY out of the Public Safety Committee. I thought Michael Moore was the chairman of this committee, is he not? Isn't he supposed to be one of our biggest supporters? Mike? Jon? Jim?

Moore is in charge of the Public Safety Committee in the House, not Senate. Today's vote was in the House.

I echo voidoid's remarks - it ain't over till it's over. Still needs to pass the Senate, then a conference committee, then both houses and the governor.

I echo voidoid's remarks - it ain't over till it's over. Still needs to pass the Senate, then a conference committee, then both houses and the governor.
Steps 2 and 3 are skipped if it passes the Senate as voted in the House. Also, before it goes to conference the House can choose to approve the Senate-passed bill as is, it which case it goes straight to Tall Deval.

Any word yet on Faker's position?

Steps 2 and 3 are skipped if it passes the Senate as voted in the House. Also, before it goes to conference the House can choose to approve the Senate-passed bill as is, it which case it goes straight to Tall Deval.

True, but how often does that happen? Legitimate question, not sure how frequently both houses agree completely

Well, I'm back. Thanks to others for updating. Amendments adopted:

21: Unbelievably, this lowers the fine for a false petition from $5k to $2.5k. It also allows for both fine and imprisonment rather than either or.

Really doesn't matter, it could be $1.00 or a $1,000,000. One day in jail or life imprisonment. There's no way
someone filing a false report will ever be arrested, charged, brought to trial, and convicted for something like that in
this state... especially with our current AG, but simple possession of a bump stock and the offender could be facing
20 years in prison. Where's the f***ing justice?

So I have a question about ERPO.
Suppose you have a real abuser with guns. Beats up his wife, etc, real bad crazy guy.
His wife or GF files a petition to get away his guns.
Instead of showing up for the hearing he shoots her instead and then goes out in a blaze of glory.

It really seems that people who are actually at risk will be afraid to file such a petition and the ones actually filing them will be either anti gun nutjobs or vindictive exes.

So I have a question about ERPO.
Suppose you have a real abuser with guns. Beats up his wife, etc, real bad crazy guy.
His wife or GF files a petition to get away his guns.
Instead of showing up for the hearing he shoots her instead and then goes out in a blaze of glory.

It really seems that people who are actually at risk will be afraid to file such a petition and the ones actually filing them will be either anti gun nutjobs or vindictive exes.

This is exactly what's going to happen. All they've done is create a bill that encourages people to nope the f*** out.

That could happen without the law.

What they have really done is make it so a normal guy (like me lets say) that has decided not one more step gets the knock on the door. This person knows they have done nothing wrong, this person knows that the person complaining is nutz. They are someone known to not like guns and thinks the end justify the means, so they make up this story. You go to the hearing, expecting someone would listen, and they do to the crazy person and deem you a danger - cuz gunz.

What then happens is that person, who would never have harmed anyone - has been saying for years that if you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone; has been pushed over the line. You can fill in the blanks from there.

Back
Top Bottom