Stop and frisk Lowell style

Clips showing? Be careful with the 2 1/2" local ordinance on blade length. It doesn't make any sense that a municipality can write their own rules for this. Easy way for an innocent to be caught up in a hassle.
Most cities in ma have this ordinance on blade length, but unrestricted class a exempts you

Most cities in ma have this ordinance on blade length, but unrestricted class a exempts you

The exemption for LTC class A is clearly written into Worcester ordinance, and [strike=I was wrong]less clearly but possibly there in Boston's ordinance[/strike]. I don't see any exemption in Lowell's ordinance above.

Here is the relevant language in Worcester's ordinance
dumb laws said:
(b) This section shall not apply to persons who, through entities or establishments engaged in a recognized retail or wholesale business, are involved in the sale, purchase or repair of
knives for trade, sport, hobby or recreation, including without limitation persons engaged in
the transportation to or from such entities or establishments. This section shall also not apply
to any person who possesses either a valid class A or class B license issued under section one
hundred thirty-one of chapter one hundred-forty of the General Laws.

Last edited:
No Limits on Class A Licenses

Section J of the law states that, if you have a class A license, you can carry any knife (and gun) you would like.

http://www.knifeup.com/massachusetts-knife-law/
Where in the law does it say this? The summary on the page you link to makes such a claim, but the section j they refer to seems to be the famous 269(10)(j) that deals with dangerous weapons carried on one's person on the building or grounds of schools.

You are correct. I keep reading that. I can't find a difinitive answer. But handgun.us says the same thing and quotes the law and section

Sometimes, when a bit of "bad info" get out, it spreads. The repetition does not increase the accuracy of said info.

For example, one misguided attorney once stated that a CWOF was the same as a conviction to licensing purposes if the ASF box was checked on the disposition sheet. Although just plain wrong, this has been picked up from time to time (with the wording looking like a cut and paste) and shows up on various PD web sites.

Find out the cops name, shouldn't be too hard, and file a Complaint. Don't let it go.

Good luck. Most Lowell cops are pricks that protect each other. Unless you got it then, you'll never get it unless you see the cop again.

It wasn't me BTW!

tumblr_n9fluzZ44O1s4wbkuo1_500.gif

Lowell knife Ordinance
What a useless bunch of laws. 9 out of 10 people busted by those laws would be normal folk with no criminal intent or likely even any knowledge of the law. The punk with spikes sticking out of a baseball bat who is intentful on mauling someone with it DOES NOT CARE if you slap another count of ANYTHING on his forehead. What an absolute shithole of a state...

What a useless bunch of laws. 9 out of 10 people busted by those laws would be normal folk with no criminal intent or likely even any knowledge of the law. The punk with spikes sticking out of a baseball bat who is intentful on mauling someone with it DOES NOT CARE if you slap another count of ANYTHING on his forehead. What an absolute shithole of a state...

A number of years back, NH struck down 99% of it's knife laws. Libs freaked and claimed there would be mass stabbings across the state. Any mass stabbings anybody heard about? Exactly....

I was in Lowell this morning. Picking up cardboard bales at the 2 Family Dollars (Church St. and Middlesex)
Always a lovely city early in the morning.
I wear Dickies with the carpenters drop pocket, and have a visible clip to my cheap Gerber I carry at work. Been carrying it for years, talked to cops, dealt with cops all over Mass. Never once have they so much as looked at it.

Drove by your truck, actually thought how much it sucks to drive that through Lowell, and wondered what the weight was for the trailer. Yes it's paper/cardboard, but it looked packed!

Clips showing? Be careful with the 2 1/2" local ordinance on blade length. It doesn't make any sense that a municipality can write their own rules for this. Easy way for an innocent to be caught up in a hassle.

I was working a heroin OD, pulled out my knife (4" blade) to cut his shirt off, and the cop started giving me shit for it. All I said was"if I kept it in my pocket and used the scissors, you would never know about it"

A number of years back, NH struck down 99% of it's knife laws. Libs freaked and claimed there would be mass stabbings across the state. Any mass stabbings anybody heard about? Exactly....

Not yet, but when the nitwit libs and moonbats finally convince idiot lawmakers to repeal the 2nd Amendment and confiscate all guns from everyone, everywhere (except cops of course), THEN you'll see mass stabbings. Or Molotov cocktails. Or more pressure-cooker bombs, etc etc.

Cuz the looney tune Anti's firmly believe that the gun is the problem and if we simply eliminate all guns (and in effect take away citizens' ability to defend themselves) all the bad people will vanish with the guns too. And every time you mention this to the nitwits they counter with "Well at least I could fight off an attacker as long as he doesn't have a gun.." etc etc

Just take those mean, nasty, loud, scary, awful GUNS away from everyone except .gov and we'll live in Shangri-La... (or Starbucks-La, etc etc ).

Guns are the problem.

(this post is all sarcasm, naturally.... but is it really? Aren't we headed that way? Kids now get suspended from school for posting Facebook pics of themselves at HOME with a toy gun in hand. Maybe this isn't a sarcastic post after all.... )

Last edited:
Not yet, but when the nitwit libs and moonbats finally convince idiot lawmakers to repeal the 2nd Amendment and confiscate all guns from everyone, everywhere (except cops of course), THEN you'll see mass stabbings. Or Molotov cocktails. Or more pressure-cooker bombs, etc etc.

Cuz the looney tune Anti's firmly believe that the gun is the problem and if we simply eliminate all guns (and in effect take away citizens' ability to defend themselves) all the bad people will vanish with the guns too. And every time you mention this to the nitwits they counter with "Well at least I could fight off an attacker as long as he doesn't have a gun.." etc etc

Just take those mean, nasty, loud, scary, awful GUNS away from everyone except .gov and we'll live in Shangri-La... (or Starbucks-La, etc etc ).

Guns are the problem.

(this post is all sarcasm, naturally.... but is it really? Aren't we headed that way? Kids now get suspended from school for posting Facebook pics of themselves at HOME with a toy gun in hand. Maybe this isn't a sarcastic post after all.... )

Whenever I hear shit like this, I tell 'em, ok, let's imagine we can somehow stuff a five hundred year old genie back in the bottle, and all guns magically disappear tomorrow. How are you going to defend yourself against, say:
[video=youtube_share;K2fSaz9qqX4]http://youtu.be/K2fSaz9qqX4[/video]

I mean, I've trained to do it (knife/sword/stick disarm), and the odds of me being able to pull it off live without getting ****ed up are slim.

Drove by your truck, actually thought how much it sucks to drive that through Lowell, and wondered what the weight was for the trailer. Yes it's paper/cardboard, but it looked packed! I was working a heroin OD, pulled out my knife (4" blade) to cut his shirt off, and the cop started giving me shit for it. All I said was"if I kept it in my pocket and used the scissors, you would never know about it"

When fully loaded it's around 88K. And yes, it does suck driving through city's with that.

I was working a heroin OD, pulled out my knife (4" blade) to cut his shirt off, and the cop started giving me shit for it. All I said was"if I kept it in my pocket and used the scissors, you would never know about it"

SoWait... you were actually on a medical call, and a cop was giving you shit about having a blade? Wow. Just... woooooow.

I got lost in that toilet coming home from a pistol class. Driving slow on a side street looking at GPS. Two dirt bikes pull alongside and start pacing me. 4 wheeler pulls in front and starts a rolling roadblock. I'm in gun mode... until I realize everything was locked in trunk and my holster was empty. Situation fail.

funny-ice-cube-first-i-was-like-but-then.jpg

I got lost in that toilet coming home from a pistol class. Driving slow on a side street looking at GPS. Two dirt bikes pull alongside and start pacing me. 4 wheeler pulls in front and starts a rolling roadblock. I'm in gun mode... until I realize everything was locked in trunk and my holster was empty. Situation fail.

funny-ice-cube-first-i-was-like-but-then.jpg

Lol . I was waiting at the top donut for my friend yesterday after work . Same guy .
To kids on dirt bikes no plates go right through the 4 way with two cops sitting at the lights. Cops didn't do crap . My friend was so pissed off lol .

Per Knifeup.com, even MA law regarding knives is such that if you're getting jammed up by the police while carrying any kind of knife, that knife is then illegal.

http://www.knifeup.com/massachusetts-knife-law/
MA Knife Laws

• It is illegal to carry, open or concealed, switchblades, dirks, daggers, stilettos, ballistic knife, double edge knives, and knuckle knives.
  • It is illegal to carry anything that is perceived as dangerous while disturbing the peace or being arrested.
  • Folding knives, Swiss army knives, and kitchen knives are legal to carry as long as you do not behave in a way that makes them dangerous.
Note the deliberately ambiguous language.

And what is a cop going to do get into a chase down along the river bed or in and around the neighborhood as the idiots that drive those things like that don't give a shit where they drive them. I have been involved in that shit and unless you are lucky and they go into a fenced in area they are gone.

At least try vs doing random pat downs .

I mainly thought it was funny watching my friend flip out with how his day was going

Back
Top Bottom