• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stolen Augusta (ME) Police Cruiser Was Unlocked And Running With AR-15 Inside

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I've mentioned this before, but about 20 years ago, some cop in. . . . the Tampa area - I forget which town - left his fully auto MP5 on the roof of his cruiser and drove off. Police wanted it returned "no questions asked." They didn't get it returned.

I've mentioned this before, but about 20 years ago, some cop in. . . . the Tampa area - I forget which town - left his fully auto MP5 on the roof of his cruiser and drove off. Police wanted it returned "no questions asked." They didn't get it returned.
You don't have to go that far away, how about Salem NH.

Holyoke PD operator drove away from the range leaving a .308 sniper rifle on the tailgate of his truck. Ooops! Months later they got an anonymous call and were directed to a downtown alley to retrieve it.

You don't have to go that far away, how about Salem NH.

Taht's a semi-rifle. Any tool can buy that in any gun shop in NH.

FL was a full-auto SBR MP5.

One has to wonder why Tampa area PD need a submachine gun, but I digress. A client and fellow shooter that winters in the area took great pleasure in all of this. LOL. He laughed and laughed and laughed. I forget the dept, but they were mega d-bags to the community.

Very common to leave them running, unlocked, with keys in them
It is pretty common for them to have a special task you need to do to put them in drive (example stomp an air bladder)

Can they charge the officer with improper storage - large capacity?
Its says it was locked
If you had a firearm lock in your vehicle do you think you should be charged
Also its Maine. I see storage laws to prevent those under 16 but not a general storage law

Whoops!
I'd hate to do the paperwork on this one.
The problem is not the unlocked running car with gun ….its the POS who stole it.
It aint your leave it alone

Back
Top Bottom