• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stocking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum if no one has already done so. Most people don't feel comfortable talking about how much ammo they have on a public forum. That being said i think its safe to say that most people are starting to stock up after seeing the prices the past two years. You are on the right path. Buy now when its reasonable, not when its 3 times the price.
Short of the actual apocalypse, I cannot see ammo again becoming more expensive than it was. With the caveat that ammo will return to those prices in 5 or 6 years from the inflation our government (largely) has unleashed upon us.

Anyone else store large amounts of ammunition.
Now that prices are easing a little I'm buying 1000 round lots again.
I just dont see prices going much lower because of multiple economic conditions, supply chain issues and some having a fear of WWIII.
Anyone else buying and storing?
What's your current round count?

"large" is a relative term.

I saw my friend Andy at the range Sunday, he was there with his father.
In the back of his mom-van he had five or six pistols, four or five rifles and boxes of ammo.
I checked out his new 2011; very nice.
To me, the back of his car looked like a range trip - which it was.
I laughed at him and said "he had an arsenal". Andy and his dad laughed.

Prices have been very high, they may or may not drop, my crystal ball's at the repair shop.

I don't buy - I reload. I have enough projectiles, powder and primers for the foreseeable future; and supplies are a line item in my household budget.

If you're seriously worried about having enough ammo - start reloading.
Then you can worry about having enough primers.

Current round count?
I don't have any .40 - which is okay because I don't have any .40 firearms.

Well regardless this individual could be a market researcher. And I'm gonna tell em what I want. I want a .40 S&W 1911 that is RELIABLE AND AFFORDABLE. they've done it for 9mm, 10mm so why not .40.

I'm definitely interested and waiting for a .30 Super Carry 1911. That could be a very profitable untapped market for a company like Smith and Wesson or Hi point to get into. It's basically uncharted territory with huge market potential.
He came straight out and asked what folks had for ammo stock and how much more they were planning on buying... He never mentioned firearms...
Tell him what you want but it was still a stupid post.

He came straight out and asked what folks had for ammo stock and how much more they were planning on buying... He never mentioned firearms...
Tell him what you want but it was still a stupid post.

Do you know how many market researchers come to online forums to get a feel for consumer behavior? If this has even a small chance of kickstarting a .30 super carry 1911, I'm gonna take the time and put it out there.

YES they do exist, but for the price of a used car, or a few mortgage payments.

"large" is a relative term.

I saw my friend Andy at the range Sunday, he was there with his father.
In the back of his mom-van he had five or six pistols, four or five rifles and boxes of ammo.
I checked out his new 2011; very nice.
To me, the back of his car looked like a range trip - which it was.
I laughed at him and said "he had an arsenal". Andy and his dad laughed.

Prices have been very high, they may or may not drop, my crystal ball's at the repair shop.

I don't buy - I reload. I have enough projectiles, powder and primers for the foreseeable future; and supplies are a line item in my household budget.

If you're seriously worried about having enough ammo - start reloading.
Then you can worry about having enough primers.

Current round count?
I don't have any .40 - which is okay because I don't have any .40 firearms.

I suggest you look into the .40 world in 2022. I think the rest of the 2020's are going to be a decade of re-popularization of the .40 SW cartridge. It's worth getting into as we on the commercial market are about to have some good going. With a LOT of PDs, LE and gov agencies, going to 9mm, or even potentially .30 Super Carry, we are about to have a great opportunity to "hang ten" (as those really cool surfer dudes say!) on a massive wave of trade-in, high quality GLOCK® Perfection® firearms chambered in the field proven .40 S&W cartridge. You can basically buy 3 to 5 lightly used Gen 3 Glock® 22 or 23 handguns for the price of 1 or 2 CZ75s, or similar. Idk about you but 5 beats 1 in most days. I'm saying you can have a CCW G22, a nightstand G22, a basement G22, an attic G22, and a dedicated vehicle mounted G22 for the price of one heavy outdated communist steel brick of CRAP. But for the poors in MA you can only dream of cashing in on this since you fools can't own glocks legally.

I'd rather have some quality American made, FACTORY .40 such as that of CCI Blazer® than "Bubbas Georgia Basement Boom Boom Bullets" from some guy named Allen.

Last edited:
Screw loaded ammo. I want independence. I went on a reloading component bi-weekly spending spree back between 2014 - 2018 and I got a lot to show for it. Not going to post a number but I got enough components to shoot un-interrupted for the next 20 years so I could give 2 sh!tz about past, current and future political ammo panics.

Who stopped buying? Buy some high. Buy some low. Just don't stop.
Learning to reload now. Learning to cast boolits now. Yeah components are expensive and hard to find but it doesn't look like they'll be getting much cheaper or available, just like other things such as food.
Yup, It's called dollar-cost averaging into the market. [wink]

Well, it is cheaper than steak….
We went out for the day on the bike with some friends today and stopped by the Market basket for some fish for dinner and there was an ambulance out front. My wife asked what happened and a fellow said that someone had fainted in aisle 7.

I said, they probably got a look at the price of meat!

Anyone else store large amounts of ammunition.
Now that prices are easing a little I'm buying 1000 round lots again.
I just dont see prices going much lower because of multiple economic conditions, supply chain issues and some having a fear of WWIII.
Anyone else buying and storing?
What's your current round count?
I have been using my dads method since 1990 buy 2 before you use 1
I will also buy my own inventory from myself
Example today 1 took 100 rds of 22lr
Would cost me $10 or so to replace so $10 went in the ammo fund box

Last edited:
That's how people learn not to ask dumb questions. It's an age old tradition.

@btnh6668 Don't listen to this joker, this guy lives in Alabama and spends his free time (seems to be a lot of it) making rude replies to random people asking questions on a gun forum based on the oppsite side of the country. Obviously he is retired, I just hope I don't end up like him if I reach his age.

Somebody needs to check on grandpa, he's off his meds and getting his blood pressure up on the computer again!

Enough to fill one 10-round magazine for each gun. The state told me that should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom