• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stock position

At what position do you shoot with your ar collapsible stocks. Lets use a 6 position as a reference. I see at lot of shooters shooting at 2nd position so their nose hits the charging handle. I know it varies among shooters and body types but just throwen the thread out their.

Well, if I had a pre-ban lower and therefore such a stock would be legal. It would depend on the position I was shooting. If I was shooting prone it would be pretty short, if I am shooting for accuracy -match shooting, I tend to have the charging handle against my cheek and my eye pretty darn close to the rear sight.

I have a few weapons with adjustable length of pull (collaspable) stocks.

I typically shoot them at position 3 (mid-point).

I always do several training shots of the shotgun in position 1 (minimum length) because that is how it's stored for home defense.

The LR-308 gets moved to 2 when I shoot prone because I need a shorter length of pull over my shoulder than against my shoulder.

I pull in 1 tick if I'm outside and it's cold to account for the bulk of the jacket under it (which is actually the true purpose of an adjustable length of pull stock - the ability to adjust the length of pull to accomidate different shooting positions or attire.)

Back
Top Bottom