Stippling an M&P

Title has it. Looking for a member who has done stipple work on full size M&Ps and has reasonable pricing. I know a few shops who will do it but I'm in the market for a good NES'er who can help out.

Side note: Cerakote suggestions welcome as that may well be next on the list of upgrades. (Golddiggie being high on that list after numerous recommendations).

Thanks NES do your thing

I did my M&P 40C. It was very easy. It just took quite some time to do it. Just take your time and get a comfy chair. If you decide to stipple the backstrap be aware that the rubber the backstrap is made from seems to be a bit softer than the frame, so it will require more finesse.

Last edited:
Been thinking of doing mine. The stick-on talon grips are peeling off after being carried all day.

Did you guys just use a cheap soldering iron or get a wood burning kit to do yours?

- Todd

Tony2Times stippled my Shield. Excellent job and comes out like a sandpaper finish. PM Tony. Tell him yanici sent you.

This is a little off topic, but have you considered the Talon Grips available at http://talongungrips.com/ ? They have both sandpaper (which I hear is too rough for some) and rubberized grips and most people who have tried them like them a lot. I'm probably going to get some myself but I'm waiting until I find a promo code or sale because I'm probably going to get several.

This is a little off topic, but have you considered the Talon Grips available at http://talongungrips.com/ ? They have both sandpaper (which I hear is too rough for some) and rubberized grips and most people who have tried them like them a lot. I'm probably going to get some myself but I'm waiting until I find a promo code or sale because I'm probably going to get several.

I have the rubberized ones on both my FS and shield. They do provide a more secure grip, but they come off after being carried all day next to the body. They hold up well if used on your dedicated home gun. But during a stressful situation, or during extended use, they tend to loosen up and may peel off.

- Todd

Harbor freight wood burning kit and a couple hrs. Its easy to do jus go slow and know what you want cause you cant undo it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that thinks most home stippling jobs look horrible?

Stippling is not done for aesthetic reasons

I like this combo of grip tape (this is fromDawson Precision) on the front and sides, and stippling on the backstraps. This was done with a cheap soldering iron, I shaped the tips on a grinder

Last edited:
Out of curiousity, what handgun do you prefer?
Any gun that doesn't need homemade improvements. I keep making fun of Glocks because they are the Quasimodos of the handgun world, but actually, I think they might be OK. I like SIGs, Rugers, 3rd gen Smiths, CZs, and a few revolvers.

Harbor freight wood burning kit and a couple hrs. Its easy to do jus go slow and know what you want cause you cant undo it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yessir.

464447baae077ef28f5af0a1ff418dbc.jpg

Btw. Your the one I met at MVGC in Malden right ? We gotta get together so you can give me the 101 on your red pill blue pill hand loads :p

Just get talon grips or a slip on rubber sleeve. It's cheaper, non-permanate, doesn't decrease value, and is just as effective.

Agreed. It drops the value of the gun and makes it look terrible. I guess if you never plan on reselling it may be worth it.
A POOR stipple job will decrease your guns value. A good stipple can increase it for the right buyer. I don't plan on selling my glocks so it's not an issue for me regardless
Just get talon grips or a slip on rubber sleeve. It's cheaper, non-permanate, doesn't decrease value, and is just as effective.
Going from talon grip and Hogue sleeves, I can tell you it's nowhere close to being just as effective

To each their own. My only regret with stippling all my guns is that I didn't do it sooner. Live and learn

A good stipple can increase it for the right buyer.

Yep, like white leather car interiors! They only take 18 months to sell to the "right" buyer.
No one ever plans on selling anything, but some day you'll decide you want something else and the door to the safe won't close unless you sell one.

Back
Top Bottom