• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stippling an M&P

Am I the only one that thinks most home stippling jobs look horrible?
Nope. me too. But, as mentioned, it's not done for aesthetics. There are some folks here however that have done a super factory like job on theirs. A couple I wouldn't mind having do one of my M&P C's.

Yep, like white leather car interiors! They only take 18 months to sell to the "right" buyer.
No one ever plans on selling anything, but some day you'll decide you want something else and the door to the safe won't close unless you sell one.

If you say so. The market for stippling has kind of exploded. There are companies such as ssvi, works armament & boresight solutions who are all VERY good at what they do , charge upwards of $500 for their labor and can't keep up with their demand. Asking an extra $100 for a gun that somebody wants to send out for that kind of work anyway is not out of the ordinary. My brother actually went out and bought a G26 because he loved mine with the stippling so much.

Oh, and I'll just have to buy a larger safe I guess

f5372109f76bb700f9e355afe776866f.jpg

The "twins"

Do those of you with stippling that wear your guns IWB against skin find that it iritates your skin when worn several hours or more. I love my G19 Gen 4, but use the rubberized grips because they're more comfortable than without. However when I run drills, shoot more than a few rounds consecutively, I find I'm regripping more often than I should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do those of you with stippling that wear your guns IWB against skin find that it iritates your skin when worn several hours or more.
Most iwb holsters have something between the gun and skin. I aways called it a sweat shield but just find yourself one that has that protection and you should have no irritation issues.

Most iwb holsters have something between the gun and skin. I aways called it a sweat shield but just find yourself one that has that protection and you should have no irritation issues.

I have a few SuperTucks with a leather sweat guards, but find that's it's more the end of the grip that rubs, which isn't covered by the sweat guard. Probably doesn't bother most. I find it to be uncomfortable - and that's just the Gen 4 manufacturers stippling. Just curious what others think/ how they handle (or don't notice) it.

As seen in some of the pics in this thread, some stippling looks like little pin holes and some are larger like golf ball texture (M&P backstraps pictured above). Is it hard to clean dirt and sweaty hand grime out of the pin hole style? I'm sure it's easy enough to scrub the larger holed texture with a toothbrush.

ETA: I know, why would I clean a polymer gun. More of a curiosity question.

For anyone looking to get something stippled, I came across this site today and his prices (especially for the quality of work) seem to blow everyone else's out of the water. I recently stippled my own frame, but for these prices, it seems like a steal.

I've never done business with the guy, but the pics on the site look to be quality work.

http://www.damatocustomstippling.com/#!services-and-prices/c1qgm

Back
Top Bottom