• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Still waiting for Mass Non-Res. LTC renewal

I sent my renewal application in on June 16 and haven't heard a thing. i called the other day and was told "judging by my submission date, they would be getting to mine shortly".

How long have people been waiting?

So much for the new and improved system.

Shortest 4 week - longest 4 months.

Only 30 days last year, with the interview. Mine is up 30Oct so I'd better get on it...

Mine isnt' up for a few years but if/when its up i'll be filing 6 months in advance. there are allegations of mass renewals taking too long then when they get to them they're passed the expiration date. therefore, they can't renew them. cute huh?

a relative sent his paperwork in November of 2009, got the card issued June 2010. expiration: 31 Dec 2010

[rolleyes]

a relative sent his paperwork in November of 2009, got the card issued June 2010. expiration: 31 Dec 2010

[rolleyes]

I'd go back and demand that the reissue it for the one year that the law specifies. It it's issued on some day in June 2010, by law it should expire on that same day in 2011.

Ken

I'd go back and demand that the reissue it for the one year that the law specifies. It it's issued on some day in June 2010, by law it should expire on that same day in 2011.

Ken

i suggested that the CHSB issue it (them) through the following year since they can't keep up with their s***. but i'm not in charge either....

THIS IS EXTORTION as far as i'm concerned. pookie in lowell has more rights than we do. way to go! one gun a month! register ammo! DNA samples!

i personally would boycott this state all together if i didn't live here. everything is a *** damn fee, everything is red tape, everything is BOHICA!

b

[rolleyes]

My expiration date had passed by the time mine was issued. The renewal is good for one year from the date of issue. Other than the delay in the first place everything was handled correctly.

i suggested that the CHSB issue it (them) through the following year since they can't keep up with their s***. but i'm not in charge either....

I'm confused. The CHSB does issue the non-res LTC. I assume the relative you referred to is a non-resident since you said it was issued for only one year (well six months). I don't agree with the process, but I can only speak about my own experience. So far my non-resident licenses have been handled as professionally as I could expect from the state of MA.

Well, I finally got the call to setup the interview. Next available date is Oct. 19.

So, I sent it in on June 16, got the call on Aug. 31 = about 72 days

Wait for interview = about 50 days

That's 4 friggin' months!!!!

I sent in my renewal in mid-June.

Got the phone call in mid-August.

Drove to Chelsea recently.

May take another month to get the LTC in the mail. The new expiration date will be one year from the day it is mailed out.

I was advised by the folks at DPS that you should renew four months ahead of the LTC expiration.

DPS FRB APPOINTMENT PROCESS (after you get your appointment call):

1) Check in at the security desk at 200 Arlington Street. You will be asked for ID (driver's license).

2) You will be issued a nametag - which you will be asked to wear.

3) You will wait until somebody from FRB comes down to meet you.

4) You will be taken to the 2nd floor.

5) You will be asked to wash your hands to prep for the digital fingerprints.

6) You will be fingerprinted electronically. Pretty kewl gizmo. Note: while CHSB is on the electronic system, state mental health background check is still done versus ink, which may explain some of the processing time.

7) You will be digitally photographed.

8) Your app processor will verbally go over your application - every line item/question. FYI: Any carry permits you have from any state should be listed on the app as it will be entered into their system. It was not my impression that DPS was challenging any of the info (example: need for Class A for All Lawful Purposes) ... they were just verifying.

At the end of all this, hopefully you will get your wallet-sized LTC in a few weeks.

The gentleman who processed my app at DPS was super-nice, and professional. He also went out of his way to set reasonable expectations on the renewal turnaround.

No sense in getting mad at these guys, they're just following statutes for the most part.

Last edited:
Hey 30 Cal,

Thanks for the info.

Reassuring to know they don't short us on the expiation date. I'm going to ask for the renewal application, for next year, while I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom