• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

still denied

Last August I purchased a pistol online, had it delivered to an FFL here in NH.

First it was delayed, then 1 month later I got the denial. There was
one case listed that prohibited me from keeping it. So in October I
petitioned the court for an annulment. Late Janurary 2018
petition is granted. $225 worth. I wait for the Criminal Records Division
of the Department of Safety to contact me so I can pay them $100 for
the priveledge of having that record sealed. They seal the records mid March
I hear about it mid May, only because I called them.

Here is the part I don't get. I called the NH Gun Line and they said I would be
denied because there was still another case.

When you get denied, shouldn't they disclose everything?
Like I want to spend another $325 :(

Sounds shitty, if the system wasn’t jacked up they should disclose everything, but you are unlikely to get any good answers here. You may need to contract a lawyer. Welcome to America where you have to pay money to exercise basic rights, maybe.

Sorry but if you were arrested multiple times, spent multiple different times in jail (even if just to be bailed out) and stood in front of a judge multiple times . . . I think you should be responsible to know why you were there and if it is a statutory DQ or not. Get your court records from each court clerk's office and start from there. Then figure out what steps it will take to get your rights back. Good luck.

as it turns out, surprisingly I got a letter from the NH Gun Line today.
from the person I spoke with. it seems the case they refer to is from 1981

I'll figure it out.

popcorn1.gif

It took me 10 Months to Clear up a NICS denial. That case was from 1994, 14 years prior.
I had purchased rifles and pistols in those years and this did not show up.

Malodave

Last edited:
It took me 10 Months to Clear up a NICS denial. That case was from 1994, 10 years prior.
I had purchased rifles and pistols in those years and this did not show up.

Malodave

Probably because they hadn't gotten around to putting the records in the system. The 90s was really still the infancy of computerization of law
enforcement stuff. There are guys in MA that, in the 60s or 70s, beat someones face in, and then later in life still got an LTC (because they lied on their app or forgot about the conviction) but then by 1998 (or even waaaay later, in some cases!) got it revoked because whatever court it was resolved at, finally put their conviction into some computer somewhere, especially if it was in some other state which kept that kind of stuff in a file cabinet.

-Mike

I had a traffic stop that i was arrested for. At court one of the stipulations was
3 months probation with early termination if I did the other things. Those things
were already done before court, except paying the court cost of $67. That came
out of my $100 Bail. I took everything to the probation office to show that they
did not even have to start Probation.

Some how that info never got put into the system. So they had me for Probation
Violation and as a Fugitive from Justice. I called the county clerk in Ft. Lauderdale and
they told me to write a letter to the judge.

It turns out it was the same judge I was in front of so many years ago. The warrant
and Probation was Vacated by the judge. I got the paper work emailed to me.

I went to the Gun store and was out in 10 Minutes with my new Saiga 12 Shotgun.

Malodave

that case from 1981 ended up being a big nothing. The New Hampshire gun line cleared me December 21st, picked up my Beretta December 28th.

its all good.
Except for waiting 15 months and paying $650.

Back
Top Bottom