STI Shipping to MA (online retailers)

Hey All,

I am currently trying to find an STI for IDPA (Specifically a Marauder) and I just had a really confusing interaction that I'm hoping someone might know something about. I actually purchased a Marauder from Budsgunshop.com and seeing as it is on the approved Target Roster (and in this case came with 10rnd mags) I assumed it would be ok to ship to a MA FFL. I then got an email from BUDS saying that this gun was not compliant in MA and that I needed to call them. After some back and fourth they told me that there is a "separate list for online firearms retailers that is published by the governor". It wasn't the EOPSS list or the target roster but some other list that BUDS had. They said that because it wasn't on their list, they wouldn't send it and they refunded my purchase price and now I'm still looking for my Marauder.

My question is, does anyone know what they were talking about? I even went so far as to contact an FFL that deals with alot of STI guns and they didn't know what they were talking about either.

Thanks for any light you might be able to shed.......

(If this is posted in the wrong spot just let me know, I figured you folks might know if this is an STI specific issue or not)

Hey All,

I am currently trying to find an STI for IDPA (Specifically a Marauder) and I just had a really confusing interaction that I'm hoping someone might know something about. I actually purchased a Marauder from Budsgunshop.com and seeing as it is on the approved Target Roster (and in this case came with 10rnd mags) I assumed it would be ok to ship to a MA FFL. I then got an email from BUDS saying that this gun was not compliant in MA and that I needed to call them. After some back and fourth they told me that there is a "separate list for online firearms retailers that is published by the governor". It wasn't the EOPSS list or the target roster but some other list that BUDS had. They said that because it wasn't on their list, they wouldn't send it and they refunded my purchase price and now I'm still looking for my Marauder.

My question is, does anyone know what they were talking about? I even went so far as to contact an FFL that deals with alot of STI guns and they didn't know what they were talking about either.

(If this is posted in the wrong spot just let me know, I figured you folks might know if this is an STI specific issue or not)
They're blowing smoke up your behind.
Can your shop order you one?

Can your shop order you one?

Unfortunately that model was discontinued recently by STI so the used market is what Im going off of. I have a couple leads so I am sure I will find one. That being said, this is something that has been bought and sold at shops all over MA and is clearly compliant. I just didn't understand bud's logic on refunding the purchase.

Unfortunately that model was discontinued recently by STI so the used market is what Im going off of. I have a couple leads so I am sure I will find one. That being said, this is something that has been bought and sold at shops all over MA and is clearly compliant. I just didn't understand bud's logic on refunding the purchase.
I don't think there is anything to understand, my guess is they are using the generic list and don't know (or don't care) about the target roster.
Sorry.

Personally, I have never heard of an online retailer "separate list". Would not surprise me though with the stealth tactics used in the AG's office to discourage anyone from selling to MA.
Several years ago as a MA consumer I tried to order some 9mm frangible ammo from them and have it shipped to my sister's NH address.
But because my credit card had a MA billing zip code they said NFW. So needless to say I generally steer clear of buds.

Because puds sucks and blows all at once.

-Mike

The level of crap from buds on this is excessive. They have NO liability associated with shipping ANY gun to a MA FFL. The restrictions are on the FFL who will transfer to the MA resident. Even if the MA FFL won't transfer it, so what? Buds has your money and shipped where you told them to.

The level of crap from buds on this is excessive. They have NO liability associated with shipping ANY gun to a MA FFL. The restrictions are on the FFL who will transfer to the MA resident. Even if the MA FFL won't transfer it, so what? Buds has your money and shipped where you told them to.
Spot on. Buds is totally off the hook and they get paid. Lets face it we don’t want to deal with the $tit in MA...can’t expect anyone else to either. But, that some serious hot air. Good luck finding one. BTW post a WTB on the Brain Enos site...you’d never know what’s going to show up.

Special Message from ATF: State Laws and Published Ordinances | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

"The GCA prohibits licensees from selling or delivering a firearm to anyone whose receipt or possession of the firearm would violate State or local laws applicable at the place of sale or delivery."

While in this specific case it doesn't apply, it's probably why they won't do it.

Hey All,

Not surprised. It’s well known that buds flat out refuse to ship any guns/mags to MA. Sorry you had to find that out after the fact lol.

Have you looked on gunbroker?

They don't even want to risk a CC chargeback, considering their business model is likely based on making like 10 bucks on a gun.... [rofl]

Special Message from ATF: State Laws and Published Ordinances | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

"The GCA prohibits licensees from selling or delivering a firearm to anyone whose receipt or possession of the firearm would violate State or local laws applicable at the place of sale or delivery."

While in this specific case it doesn't apply, it's probably why they won't do it.
This would apply to Buds when a MA resident went to their shop and purchased a long gun. As you said, irrelevant in this case.

I picked up a STI Trojan in 9mm for short money at Bud's, their used gun prices in store are usually pretty good(also scored a Mark 23 for very short money - they had 2 and I kick myself for not getting the other one). OP I'm headed to Lexington Monday, I'll stop in and see if the Marauder is there. [cheers]

I picked up a STI Trojan in 9mm for short money at Bud's, their used gun prices in store are usually pretty good(also scored a Mark 23 for very short money - they had 2 and I kick myself for not getting the other one). OP I'm headed to Lexington Monday, I'll stop in and see if the Marauder is there. [cheers]
The Trojan is not in the same league as their machined from bar stock guns. The Trojan is a cast gun that I think is made in the Phillippines.

used STI Marauder 9mm 10rd

It even had 10rnd mags! Perfect for these parts.

If it's there you can send me the $ through whichever E-pay app you use and I'll either bring it home or send it to your FFL.

The Trojan is not in the same league as their machined from bar stock guns. The Trojan is a cast gun that I think is made in the Phillippines.

Oh I know, but it's not in the same price league either! [laugh]

If it's there you can send me the $ through whichever E-pay app you use and I'll either bring it home or send it to your FFL.

Oh I know, but it's not in the same price league either! [laugh]
OP, I’d definitely take them up on this very generous offer. Assuming it’s there of course lol.

show Buds this
https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2019/03/28/Formal Target Shooting Roster 03-2019_0.pdf

It says right there those listed firearms are exempt from the AG list crap
I was told that the AG's office "wanted in" on the Formal Target Shooting Roster so that they could veto those guns for MA inmates. The report (by someone who was at that meeting) was that the AG's office representative was pissed off that they were told that in no way would they get to pass judgement on what was legal if it was on that particular roster.

Therefore, if any distributor/non-MA/MA dealer were to contact the MA AG's office to ask about the legality of a particular gun on the Formal Target Shooting Roster I would NOT be surprised if they answered in a way to imply that it wasn't legal (something like "we have not approved that gun") . . . which would put said distributor/dealer on edge about shipping it to MA!

Absolutely true. A MA dealer can legally buy and sell a new AW to someone outside MA by shipping to their non-MA FFL. However, dealers/distributors get nervous about MA gun laws and it's easier to just say NO SALES TO MA!

See my comment above this, but I understand your point too.

Therefore, if any distributor/non-MA/MA dealer were to contact the MA AG's office to ask about the legality of a particular gun on the Formal Target Shooting Roster I would NOT be surprised if they answered in a way to imply that it wasn't legal (something like "we have not approved that gun") . . . which would put said distributor/dealer on edge about shipping it to MA!
I think that's almost a guarantee of what's happened unfortunately.

Trojan uses a cast frame but is not made in the Philippines. The spartan was made in the Philippines by armscor.

I don't think there is a difference between cast and forged if they are machined correctly after. Caspian uses cast and no one complains about them

Back
Top Bottom