• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Steyr M-A1 411???

rkwjunior

NES Member
Hello, Does anyone own or know anyone that owns one of these pistols??? Just wondering how they shoot, etc.etc.??? Maybe looking to get one in 9mm.

Where r u located? This will help other member to provide correct info.

Sent from iPhone 5 using Forum Runner

I have an m9a1 that I bought from zero hour. It's easily one of my favorite handguns to shoot but be warned that there's not much for assesories out there. Crossbreed and blade tech are the only companies that make holsters (as far as I know)

I have one of the older ones with the triangle for a front site and a trapezoid rear notch. It sounds a bit weird, but once you get used to it, it is very fast to acquire. It also points better then any gun I have handled, included Glocks, Lugers & H&K's P7M8. The trigger is less "crunchy" then the Glock 21, probably as close as a crisp trigger one is going to get with a plastic gun. The designer used to work for Glock. It's also great if you have small hands/short fingers. I have been very happy with mine.

Desantis, High Noon and Grandfather Oak (Kydex) all make holsters for it.

Last edited:
Oddball sights. Oddball grip angle (even more radical than a Glock). Scary light trigger with short travel and short reset. It's almost too nuts for CCW, IMHO... better have REALLY good trigger discipline on that gun if you are going to carry it. The pull weight is supposedly 5 pounds but because of the way the trigger works it feels a lot less than that due to the very short pretravel.

My advice would be if you really want to get into those guns, head on over to steyrclub.... tons of info there.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom