• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stephen King just got dropped from my favorite reading list

Pilgrims Pride

NES Member
I'd bet if I did a search I'd discover this is already known here.
But it looks like Stephen King is getting dropped from my favorite reading list.
To bad. What an amazing imagination.
Unfortunately, one of his phrases has long stuck in my head.
"we have forgotten the faces of our fathers." 'Guess he didnt mean it.

I'll try to post the link here.

Stephen King releases gun control essay

This coming from one of the most violent and popular writers of our time. Just disappointing that he doesn't even realize that he is setting up his own to hear someone say, "your books are evil" and they need to burn them.

Are we seriously, as a population, getting this blind?

As Pat said, this is not anything new. Stephen King is to the left of Nancy Pelosi on everything. He has always been a lunatic liberal. I'm sure he wouldn't even be ok with an AWB, he'd want every single gun (hunting too) banned.

Funny how it's ok for them to make their living off promoting violence but was to attack non violent gun owners. Quintan Tarantino is a big gun grabber too and his movies are very violent.

As Pat said, this is not anything new. Stephen King is to the left of Nancy Pelosi on everything. He has always been a lunatic liberal. I'm sure he wouldn't even be ok with an AWB, he'd want every single gun (hunting too) banned.

Funny how it's ok for them to make their living off promoting violence but was to attack non violent gun owners. Quintan Tarantino is a big gun grabber too and his movies are very violent.

Didn't know that, I actually saw him on Leno a last month promoting Django and Jay set him up for the easy Anti rant saying something like "with the mass shootings at Sandy Hook and the theaters what do you think we should do?" Tarantino came right out and said it had nothing to do with the guns and that America should be focused on dealing with the Mental Health aspect. At that point Jay quickly changed the subject.

The boy can spin a good yarn, but he's always been a Liberal douche bag.

Exactly. I like his books, but his politics are a different story.

His books, without question, have caused more deaths than my guns. That's not the sort of argument I would make, but it is the sort of argument he would make. I think he should be able to write and publish anything he wants. But if he wants to take my guns I thick we should be able to take his pens. He must agree, to a point, because he pulled his book Rage from print.

He does, both in 1999 and today, discuss his own sense of implication in the culture of violence. In 1965, when he was still in high school, King wrote a novel called Getting It On, which, ten years later, he revised and published with a new title, Rage, under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. In the novel, a troubled kid named Charlie “takes a gun to school, kills his algebra teacher, and holds his class hostage.” In 1988, a student in San Gabriel, Calif., took his classmates hostage and said he got the idea partly from that book. A year and a half later a student in Kentucky did something similar; he had read Rage, too. In 1996, another student killed a teacher and two classmates and quoted a line from the book after doing so. A year after that the book was found in the locker of another school shooter, one who killed three people.

My brother briefly attended the same college as King's daughter, in Maine. He'd show up in a limousine and have the driver keep the motor running so it would stay warm. His daughter, evidently, was no a pretty girl. They called her ... Cujo.

Stephen King said:
New Hampshire is the center of craziness here. I don't even like to go through there. It's like I hold my breath. That's the state where the governor, three or four years ago, tried to get tactical nuclear weapons for the national guard

Stephen King hates freedom. I don't think he's written a good book in the past decade, just coasting along on his past success.

Write Stephen King a letter letting him know exactly why you are no longer going to buyor read anything he writes. Nowthat I finally have my gun safe from Dick's, bought before they pulled their gutless crap, I am writing to them and letting them know why they will not get any more business from me or my family.

Back
Top Bottom