Step Right Up Sir! Try Your Luck!

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
Who among us has never thought of pulling out a 1911 at the carnival! Colt Gold Cup, to make it fair it was 25 yards. Finished in hard chrome with a few accents and features. Details later.

aLXmrXs.jpg

U9CWSs4.jpg

TazplpU.jpg

dS7hfqP.jpg

sVJjSEq.jpg

EGEkavs.jpg

my boss finally picked it up and handed it off to me. Crazy nice. I handled this colt before the work. All I can say is

View: https://imgur.com/a/5ThBSUq

Quick back story, boss bought it then had some flooding in basement. By the time he got around to getting to the firearms rust settled in . It was not terrible but enough to make a new gun look like awful.
It needed a refinish .....who better if your going to do it.

Nice job Mr. Derr
That trigger is sweet like the taper.

Yes....im going to shoot it.

Last edited:
That is a sweet shooter. I really like the new generation of Colt Gold Cups. I just finished another one in hard chrome for a client. Nice that you are wearing gloves to keep your prints off John's gun.

That is a sweet shooter. I really like the new generation of Colt Gold Cups. I just finished another one in hard chrome for a client. Nice that you are wearing gloves to keep your prints off John's gun.
I will run one course of “service pistol” then let John do what he wishes, shoot it or safe queen it

Do you keep the sear with the sear depressor and depressor spring when reworking a Gold Cup or replace with a standard sear?

I am not worthy. Its been way to long since I shot a full size
1st 10 shots I insulted this pistol hard.
Last 15 i think I did alright
25 yards 2 hand slow fire. I had a few really bad shots and caught myself pushing the nose down
Not the best ammo but its what the owner had on hand. Love to get some decent target ammo and time on this. Sadly I have to go back and settle for my barebones 1911.

View: https://imgur.com/a/bvYHgn3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom