Steel matches @ Hopkinton resume Wednesday 11/14/2012

Steel match @ Hopkinton Sportsmen ! 11/14/2012
*STEEL PLATE MATCH*

Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association
95 Lumber St, Hopkinton, MA 01748-230
Date: Wednesday 11/14/11.

Time: 6:00 PM till everyone is out of money or ammo. [grin]

The match: $3.00 per entry; 8 man relays; $6.00 - winner; $3 - Second place.

The targets: 8 Inch Plates; 2 side by side racks. Man on man. 8 person elimination "pyramid". Relay winners will get an extra target for subsequent entries.

Equipment: Any safe handgun 38/9MM or larger; semi or revolver.

Procedure: Muzzle on table, finger off trigger, Timer/buzzer start.

Safety: IPSC/IDPA - Safety table, Firearms in holster or "bagged" No handling of firearms other than on the firing line or the safety area.

Come on down and have some fun. Bring lots of ammo. We keep shooting as long as people want to sign up.

Will these shoots be held every Wednesday at 6PM?

Steel match @ Hopkinton Sportsmen ! 11/14/2012
*STEEL PLATE MATCH*

Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association
95 Lumber St, Hopkinton, MA 01748-230
Date: Wednesday 11/14/11.

Time: 6:00 PM till everyone is out of money or ammo. [grin]

The match: $3.00 per entry; 8 man relays; $6.00 - winner; $3 - Second place.

The targets: 8 Inch Plates; 2 side by side racks. Man on man. 8 person elimination "pyramid". Relay winners will get an extra target for subsequent entries.

Equipment: Any safe handgun 38/9MM or larger; semi or revolver.

Procedure: Muzzle on table, finger off trigger, Timer/buzzer start.

Safety: IPSC/IDPA - Safety table, Firearms in holster or "bagged" No handling of firearms other than on the firing line or the safety area.

Come on down and have some fun. Bring lots of ammo. We keep shooting as long as people want to sign up.

Sorry but we only run one match a month. It's a good time, get some shooting done and hang out with some good folks. Very relaxed atmosphere with shooters of all different levels so even if you don't have "competition" experience come on down and give it a try!

Optics or no , just thought you might like to post it

I purposely left off the "No Dots" part of my usual post to see what happens. Personally, I don't see a huge advantage to a dot with the distance we shoot and the size of the targets but that is just me. If enough "dot guns" show up, we'll put them in a separate relay and see how it goes. No one will be forced to shoot iron sights against an open gun.

(Just don't get mad if I beat you with your space-blaster, while shooting my stock 1911 .45) [smile]

Last winter we did one per month and it worked out really well. We had a good turnout and I heard nothing but thanks from the shooters. If there is enough interest and I have enough help, we MAY do them more often. Let's see how next week goes.

I purposely left off the "No Dots" part of my usual post to see what happens. Personally, I don't see a huge advantage to a dot with the distance we shoot and the size of the targets but that is just me. If enough "dot guns" show up, we'll put them in a separate relay and see how it goes. No one will be forced to shoot iron sights against an open gun.

(Just don't get mad if I beat you with your space-blaster, while shooting my stock 1911 .45) [smile]

I think I need to practice up on iron sights

This way when you beat me I will have an excuse

Hey Mike

Its on i'll bring both open and stock
you said your shooting this time
see you wed
Jon

Tomorrow night's the match, hope to see a lot of NES'ers there! I'll be wearing my Hopkinton shirt the name "Pete" on it, don't forget to introduce yourself so I can put some faces to the screen names [wink]

Good turnout last night. Hope you all had fun, and congratulations to the winners. We awarded some cash, some nice Ruger hats, and some pies for the shooters to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom