• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Steel Challenge World Shoot

You'll find most people are reluctant to travel long distances to matches. St. George is a beautiful area, side trips to Bryce Canyon and Zion are a short drive. Las Vegas is the place to fly into, and about 2 hours drive.

I'm actually going to be in the St. George area on those dates for a family vacation, but my wife just gave me the stink eye when I proposed shooting the match while we're there. In the interest of family harmony, I'm going to have to pass. [frown]

You'll find most people are reluctant to travel long distances to matches. St. George is a beautiful area, side trips to Bryce Canyon and Zion are a short drive. Las Vegas is the place to fly into, and about 2 hours drive.

I am going but the match fee made my jaw drop.

I don't understand. Switching the major match to a new location and date is enough to kill the sport? Must be more going on.

Gee, now that I renewed for USPSA AND SCSA and now I only have to be a USPSA member to play (see the app),
wonder if I'll see a refund [thinking]

And now "Steel Master" is only the 2 main events, guess too many shirts must have complained they weren't gettin' their due.

Hopefully the St. George location will work out, have to research it a bit, glad it's out of the PR of Cali but with USPSA running it
I'm worried about it's future.

As JasonL mentioned, the match fee is the worst, well at least the 22 pistol will have it's own prize table,
we all know how well those are for the shooters [smile]

I am going but the match fee made my jaw drop.

This years Rocky Mountain 3 Gun has been expanded, running as a world championship 3 gun match. 5 days, 15 stages, entry fee is $450.00. You don't have to tell me about match fees. [smile]

10mmDave "Gee, now that I renewed for USPSA AND SCSA and now I only have to be a USPSA member to play (see the app),
wonder if I'll see a refund"
I renewed both of my memberships but only got the uspsa card. I called USPSA and they advised that SCSA was becoming part of USPSA and that your USPSA number would work for both. Rather than a refund I made it a six year renewal.

I plan on shooting the Match.
I am not sure how the prize table will be this year - but in most years past pickup value at the prize table has been more than the match fee.

<snip> - but in most years past pickup value at the prize table has been more than the match fee.

Well maybe for you [smile] Not everyone shoots as fast as you.

Looks like they'll still take your money for two guns but only give you a prize table walk for one.
Nope, actually it's better 'cause you get a prize table walk for the rim fire event also,
years past I believe you only rec'vd something if you were the "Steel Master" ?

Checked out the hosting club on the inter-web and it looks like a good area, club lists steel matches
every week iirc, so at least they have an idea what they're doing. Club looks to have plenty of ranges too.
Hotels not far away along with the city of St. George so food and such will be available.
(have to check the Wal Mart for .22 !!)

It might be warm but at least it'll be a dry heat, much like the old Colorado match.

And somebody posted to fly into Vegas, could be cheaper airfare (if there is such a thing these days) and maybe
stay overnight in Lost Wages and gamble a bit before you come home.

Good luck to all who go, might have to think about this one myself but that is a lot of money.

10mmDave "Gee, now that I renewed for USPSA AND SCSA and now I only have to be a USPSA member to play (see the app),
wonder if I'll see a refund"
I renewed both of my memberships but only got the uspsa card. I called USPSA and they advised that SCSA was becoming part of USPSA and that your USPSA number would work for both. Rather than a refund I made it a six year renewal.
Thanks IHG, I'll look into that.

Back
Top Bottom