Steel Challenge - where to get steel

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
I'd like to have a set of steel for my range so I can set up steel challenge stages. I have looked at a few places online but don't know where to get quality steel at a decent price. Any help would be appreciated.

I shot the East Coast Steel Challenge this past Sept. and they had some great
ringing steel, we at Harvard Sportsmen's Club use GT Targets and Carls' cust.
service is 1st rate. MGM makes a great product but for personal use it might
be a bit heavy to move around.
I believe these were the guys from ECSCC, http://www.emptycliptargets.com/shop-targets.html

We also use GT targets for steel challenge at Chester and also where we got our Texas star. After heavy use we've only had one plate where the weld holding the bracket broke.

What are planning on shooting at it? When I looked into this many years ago I thought about get 1/4" 18"x24" to save on cost. Carl @ GT said they were good for personal use with non-major ammo. He seems to only have 3/8" 18x24 listed but does offer 1/4" circles.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

What are planning on shooting at it? When I looked into this many years ago I thought about get 1/4" 18"x24" to save on cost. Carl @ GT said they were good for personal use with non-major ammo. He seems to only have 3/8" 18x24 listed but does offer 1/4" circles.

This will be used on my backyard range.

Back
Top Bottom