Steel Challenge (SCSA) @ New Bedford - Sunday 10/30

Thanks to a grant from the NRA Foundation, the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford is hosting a 5 stage Steel Challenge match this Sunday - October 30th. You will need a minimum of 125 rounds (you should bring at least 200 rounds). Registration open until 9:25am, shooting starts at 9:30am.

Entry fee: $15
Juniors (under 18): $10

Only a single entry per shooter. No armor piercing ammo allowed.

Steel Challenge info can be found here: http://steelchallenge.com/

Info and directions to the club are here: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/directions.htm

If you're shooting the SCSA match in Harvard on 11/5, this is a great chance to warm-up and practice.

Many, MANY different divisions to choose from:
Center Fire - Open
Center Fire - Iron Sights
Center Fire - Production
Revolver - Open
Revolver - Iron Sights
Revolver - Cowboy Single Action
Rimfire Pistol - Open
Rimfire Pistol - Iron Sights
Rimfire Rifle - Open
Rimfire Rifle - Iron Sights
Pistol Caliber Carbine - Open
Pistol Caliber Carbine - Iron Sights

Minimum caliber for Center Fire divisions is 9x19/38 Special. Rimfire division must be .22LR only.

Rimfire pistol, Rimfire rifle and Pistol Caliber Carbine start from the low-ready. All other divisions start from a holster. If you don’t have a holster, you can still play, you will just be assessed a small time penalty (1 second per run) to make up for it.

Steel Challenge is lots of fun, involves very little or no movement, great for kids (as long as they are safe and have good gun handling skills - parent or guardian must be present). Shooters of all skill levels will enjoy this sport, from the most basic novice to the most experienced grand masters. New shooters welcome, as are spectators. Everyone on the range must wear eye and ear protection at ALL TIMES.

Sorry, only a few people did a second gun last time and left only a couple of people to help break down afterwards.

Stages will be:
Speed Option
Smoke & Hope
Roundabout
5 to Go
Accelerator

See you Sunday!

Yup - Rimfire Rifle (either Iron or Open - depending on what you have for sights). It would make things run smoother if you have multiple magazines. If you don't have enough, please let me know and we'll see if we can dig some up.

Yup - Rimfire Rifle (either Iron or Open - depending on what you have for sights). It would make things run smoother if you have multiple magazines. If you don't have enough, please let me know and we'll see if we can dig some up.

Great, thanks! I've got a red dot mounted so I'll be shooting in Open. I have 5 ten round magazines for it, that should suffice, yes?

I like snow, but snow in October is a little ridiculous... Please paint the steel red so it will be a little easier to see it with a white background [smile]

I like snow, but snow in October is a little ridiculous... Please paint the steel red so it will be a little easier to see it with a white background [smile]

That will go over great with the red dot scope crowd. I know whereof I speak. I once shot a steel match with iron sights (black on black) that used black plates. What a disaster. The idiot MD thought he would do "something different". Of course, he shot a red dot scope.

Being relatively close to the coast, looks like no snow for this area, just lots of rain and wind for today. Tomorrow's forecast for Dartmouth calls for sun/partly cloudy, in the mid-40's with some wind. I don't think we'll have issues with white paint on the steel blending with the background (at least not for this match). But you might want to bring gloves!

Sorry dave, looks like storm clean up today. No snow but the wind did a job in the yard. Hope you all have fun

Wasn't too bad out there today... No rain, some wind, had to modify one stage to keep the steel out of some standing water on one bay. Overall, excellent day with several new shooters.

Boy, you guys missed out on a nice day at the range. Sun was out by 9am. Nice time was had by all. There were a couple of folks who didn't check off a division so you got listed in OPEN. Please let me know of any corrections. Nice shooting Chris.

Results: http://www.uspsa-ne.org/results/20111030_newbedford.txt

Next month for us will have our USPSA Rifle match on 11/27.

Boy, you guys missed out on a nice day at the range. Sun was out by 9am. Nice time was had by all. There were a couple of folks who didn't check off a division so you got listed in OPEN. Please let me know of any corrections. Nice shooting Chris.

Results: http://www.uspsa-ne.org/results/20111030_newbedford.txt

Next month for us will have our USPSA Rifle match on 11/27.

Thanks again! I had a great time.

Would I be able to use that 15-22 for the USPSA Rifle match, or would I need something with more power?

Back
Top Bottom