STEEL CHALLENGE (SCSA) @ New Bedford - Saturday 12/1/12

Thanks to a grant from the NRA Foundation, the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford is hosting a 5 stage Steel Challenge match on Saturday - December 1, 2012. You will need a minimum of 125 rounds (you should bring at least 200 rounds). Registration open until 9:25am, shooting starts at 9:30am.

Entry fee: $15
Juniors (under 18): $10

Only a single entry per shooter, no multiple entries.

Steel Challenge info can be found here: http://steelchallenge.com/

Info and directions to the club are here: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/directions.htm

Many, MANY different divisions to choose from:
Center Fire - Open
Center Fire - Iron Sights
Center Fire - Production
Revolver - Open
Revolver - Iron Sights
Revolver - Cowboy Single Action
Rimfire Pistol - Open
Rimfire Pistol - Iron Sights
Rimfire Rifle - Open
Rimfire Rifle - Iron Sights
Pistol Caliber Carbine - Open
Pistol Caliber Carbine - Iron Sights

Minimum caliber for Center Fire divisions is 9x19 / .38 Special. Rimfire division must be .22LR only. No armor piercing or tracer ammo allowed.

Rimfire pistol, Rimfire rifle and Pistol Caliber Carbine start from the low-ready. All other divisions start from a holster. If you don’t have a holster, you can still play, you will just be assessed a small time penalty per run to make up for it.

Steel Challenge is lots of fun, involves very little or no movement, great for new shooters and kids (as long as they are safe and have good gun handling skills - parent or guardian must be present). Shooters of all skill levels will enjoy this sport, from the most basic novice to the most experienced grand masters. New shooters welcome, as are spectators. Everyone on the range must wear eye and ear protection at ALL TIMES.

The match runs with a COLD RANGE: All firearms will be kept UNLOADED except on the firing line under the direct supervision of a Match Officials.

Gun handling at Safe tables only and must be brought to the firing line in a holster or case (for rifles, must be muzzle up with empty chamber flag installed)

Eye and ear protection is required for all shooters and spectators.

Holsters: In general, holsters shall be mounted in the general vicinity of the waist, must cover the trigger, and must safely hold/retain the gun.

Each competitor is expected to come to the firing line ready to shoot, with an appropriate amount of ammunition in an appropriate number of magazines or speed-loaders or other loading devices.

Any standard plate which has not been hit before the stop plate will count as a Miss. Each Miss on a standard plate will result in a 3 (three) second penalty, added to the shooter’s time for that string.

If the stop plate is not hit, the score for that string is 30 seconds

This is our last match of the 2012 season. Hope to see you all on Saturday!

Hi Dave, we have a bunch of shooters coming up from CT. Thanks in advance for all your hard work! Lets hope for good weather.

Jason your friend was filming today and gave me his e-mail address but I lost it. He had wanted me to send him some videos. We will be posting them on Youtube soon. Thanks to everyone at the New Bedford Rod and Gun Club for all your help this year teaching my Daughter, Cleo and I how to compete.

Sorry I missed the match, had to work. Looking forward to the Jan match. Sure would like to know the date and stages.

PS Please don't run on the same Sun as BUAS.

I shot this course on Saturday; it was my 1st time shooting plates, very humbling experience but experience none the less. I had some equipment issues and performance issues but I also had a great time; picked up on a lot of things I could improve on. I’m looking forward to January 5th. Thanks for running these matches.

Back
Top Bottom