Steel Challenge @ New Bedford - Sunday 10/31

I made a post on Brian Enos. I do not think there is a concealment rule but I will make another post as soon as I hear from BE.

It really was a great turnout..I believe we had over 50 people there!!!! The place was jammed with bodies, it was great!! Can't wait for the next one...In December!!

My Dad and I made it out as spectators, great facilities they have over there. Looks like a lot of fun, we had all of our questions answered and are looking forward to shooting the next one.

Thanks to Dave and all the NB crew for putting this on. It definitely was worth the drive down. Travis, congrats to your son for his first outing, it's great to see some youth at these events. I tried unsuccessfully to convince my 14 year old step son to shoot it. Maybe I'll try again in December.

Sounds like a great time . . . any videos, photos or drawings? [smile]

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_5905-1.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

Probably tomorrow night....Dave shot a second gun, so probably didn't get out of there until 3 or so...and with Halloween and all he probably didn't have time to do so many scores....there was alot of people there today....

Results are posted: (Also on the Northeast Section website: http://www.uspsa-ne.org)

http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/Oct_2010.pdf

There were 75 total entries. Thanks for coming out and supporting us. Everyone seems to have had a good time and we learned a few things along the way that will make the next one on 12/12/2010 even better.

I saw a bunch of different setups, from .22 gallery guns, to an Open S&W M&P, to Open Rimfire revolver (Rimfire Pistol Optics) w/ CMores on them, Open revolvers, 9mm AR's and Uzi's for the carbine division. Very cool to see the variety of different rigs.

It was also great to see LOTS of new people, lots of names I've never seen before. Hope to see even more next time.

Results are posted:

http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/Oct_2010.pdf

There were 75 total entries. Thanks for coming out and supporting us. Everyone seems to have had a good time and we learned a few things along the way that will make the next one on 12/12/2010 even better.

I saw a bunch of different setups, from .22 gallery guns, to an Open S&W M&P, to Open Rimfire revolver (Rimfire Pistol Optics) w/ CMores on them, Open revolvers, 9mm AR's and Uzi's for the carbine division. Very cool to see the variety of different rigs.

It was also great to see LOTS of new people, lots of names I've never seen before. Hope to see even more next time.

Last edited:
Thanks for a great match NB. I think I've found my new game.

I just want to take a minute to recognize the extent to which NB has really stepped up in the last few years and provided us all with more and more opportunities to shoot competitively. They already had an active IDPA community when they decided to add USPSA a couple years back. They've done very well with USPSA and always put on a first class match. Now they've taken the leap into Steel Challenge as well and if can keep doing what they did yesterday we're all going to have a lot of fun.

Thanks New Bedford!

I'm really surprised too see that I did so well. This was my first time in any sort of competition. I posted the best time in SSP. I think if I practice my draw I do even better next time.

Thanks for a great match NB. I think I've found my new game.

I just want to take a minute to recognize the extent to which NB has really stepped up in the last few years and provided us all with more and more opportunities to shoot competitively. They already had an active IDPA community when they decided to add USPSA a couple years back. They've done very well with USPSA and always put on a first class match. Now they've taken the leap into Steel Challenge as well and if can keep doing what they did yesterday we're all going to have a lot of fun.

Thanks New Bedford!

Thanks for the words and the support. We just had our committee meeting and we have a good year planned for 2011.

I'm new to steel challenge, and it was a blast. It looked like the rimfire shooters were having the most fun. I'll be shooting rimfire in December and highly recommend anyone who's thinking about it to come down and give it a try.

First off, Thanks to Dave and all the folks at NB for a great match.
We lucked out with the weather and it never really got that cold, now the sun [shocked]
that was a tad tough with the optic guns.
(and yes, I know your good Dave, I'm not asking you to do anything about the sun [wink], just an observation)

ChuckZ, if you plan on shooting 22 in December make sure you test your gun and ammo out in
some really cold weather, think high or hyper-velocity ammo.
The cold can really muck up some semi-auto 22’s
(been there with a 15 degree temp change from indoor testing to outdoor shooting)

And I share knukledraggers comments as well, NB does an outstanding job with the
compact range area they have. (less walking for us "husky" types [smile])

Hope to see you in December

Dave and the NB crew,
Thanks for putting on this Steel Challenge match -It was a lot of fun.

For those interested in trying a shooting sport - this type of competition is a very beginner friendly action shooting sport.

I'm new to steel challenge, and it was a blast. It looked like the rimfire shooters were having the most fun. I'll be shooting rimfire in December and highly recommend anyone who's thinking about it to come down and give it a try.
Chuck,
I've had the best reliablility with CCI MiniMags in cold weather with my Marvel unit. Remington was spotty. Chill some different brands of ammo in the fridge, and take it to the range in a cooler to test it in your gun.

Back
Top Bottom