• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

STEEL CHALLENGE MATCH (See post #198 for results) Harvard Sportsmen's Club 11-05-11

Thank you Paul, for putting this together. May the anniversary of your birth be a happy one, and may many more follow.[cheers] (Can you put in for a bit warmer temperatures next time? As you get older, you'll appreciate it more.[smile])
I shot on a great squad, and got to shoot with old friends, again.

Thank you Paul for allowing me to continue my love/hate relationship with steel! Great job as always. Big thanks to squad 5 for all the help.

Happy Birthday Paul!!!

Ditto to what everyone else said. Great event Paul and thanks to all the volunteers and sponsors. My family showed up to watch the last stage, which luckily was one of my better ones. My daughter loved helping pick up brass, but she was very disappointed when I told her she couldn't keep it (insert comment about stupid MA laws here).

OK, we are addicted. Great job Paul, and thanks to all the people behind the scenes that made it happen!

Lots of fun even with a "carry" gun/holster!

Great match today. Steel Challenge is a great change of pace from USPSA/IDPA. Shooting rimfire rifle was tons of fun. My new Nordic upper ran perfectly all day. Thanks for all the work Paul.

Thanks to all who organized this.
It was my first time ever and thanks again to the squad I was with for your patience and understanding and keeping the laughter down as I shot each stage, yes I did empty all five magazines!! [rofl]
I want to especially thank John Catterall and Frank M for their continued advice and encouragement throughout the match.
JasonL thanks so much for the ammo you gave me to finish the last stage.

That was a great time. I would like to thank each and every RO for their long day but in to make it happen. Paul for putting the whole match together, HSC for hosting, all the sponsors for the great giveaways to start the morning and to everyone else from setup to breakdown.

Being my first full Steel match I did not know what to expect but having fun was what it was all about. I even impressed myself a few times (which can be easy to do). My squad #7 was great, I was laughing and smiling the whole day. I hope this will only be the first of many.

I actually think I may have seen Dirtypacman, in the crowd, met to say Hi Max. Turned around and you were gone.

I am sure you did, I am just like that - there one moment - gone the next. Hope to bump into you next time.

BTW_ If anyone has any photo's or video of the shoot or myself please post I was hoping to show off to a couple friends what the day was all about.

Last edited:
Thank you HSC, the event organizers, the RO's and the event sponsors for making yesterday happen. It was a blast.

Max,

I'll have some pictures up later on today when I get home. I believe I caught some action shots of you.

Andrew

Thanks for all the positive replies!
It was a long day - but fun..

This match would not have been possible without all the volunteers and RO's.

Thanks to all who helped.

BTW - we had 108 shooters score sheets turned in but 112 registered - if you have a score sheet let me know and I will add..

Last edited:
Here's preliminary results:

View attachment Harvard Sportsmen's Club 11-5-11 results.pdf

Also

http://steelchallenge.com/match-results/

PLEASE NOTE:
The SCSA software we are using to score results does add the flight-time factor to Main match times.
It does not add flight times to Rimfire scores.

From SCSA Rules (see link in post#10

D.3.2 A set “flight-time factor” will be added to the time on the sound-actuated timer to approximate the bullet’s flight time
to the target using a baseline velocity of 800 fps. The “flight-time factors” for each stage are shown in Table D4.

Table D4: “Flight Time” Correction Factors

Stage Distance to Stop Plate “Flight Time Factor” (per Run) “Flight Time Factor” (per Stage)

Pendulum 30 feet .03 s x 4 = .12 s
Roundabout 30 feet .03 s x 4 = .12 s
Showdown 36 feet .04 s x 4 = .16 s
Five To Go 27 feet .03 s x 4 = .12 s
Speed Option 107 feet .13 s x 4 = .52 s
Smoke & Hope 42 feet .05 s x 4 = .20 s
Outer Limits 54 feet .07 s x 3 = .21 s
Accelerator 45 feet .06 s x 4 = .24 s

Last edited:
I'd like to add my thanks to the crew for a great match...Dan S, it was great to shoot with you again.
I also enjoyed shooting with the group in Squad 2!
Thanks to all who worked to put on the match.
Tom C

Kudos to Paul for all of the hard work putting this match together!
Squad 7 was great and everyone had a great time. Long day....but well north it!
Thanks for getting the scores up do quickly.

Back
Top Bottom