Steel Challenge Match May 18, 2013 - Harvard Sportsmen's Club *RESULTS POSTED*

PMD

Results Posted

STEEL CHALLENGE MATCH
Saturday, May 18, 2013

SHOOTER'S MEETING: 9:15am
START TIME: 9:30am squadded

Categories:
Pistol Open, Pistol Iron, Production, Revolver Open, Revolver Iron, Rimfire Pistol Open, Rimfire Pistol Iron, Rimfire Rifle Open, Rimfire Rifle Iron.

Main match $15.00 (first gun) - scores for the first match will be sent into SCSA (Steel Challenge Shooting Association).
Fun Run (if time permits) $5.00 (2nd gun) - scores recorded but not scored or submitted.
Juniors (18 and under) shoot first gun for free - 2nd gun $5.00 (All competitors 18 and under must be accompanied by their parent or guardian throughout the competition).

Five Stages:

Speed Option
Roundabout
Five to Go
Accelerator
Smoke & Hope

General Principles:

Steel Challenge scoring is simple: your time is your score!
Each stage consists of five targets, commonly referred to as plates. Four are standard plates, and the fifth is designated as the stop plate.
Each of the standard targets must be hit at least once before hitting the stop plate, and the time stops when the stop plate is hit. Competitors may fire as many rounds as they deem necessary for each string of fire. The worst string on each stage will be thrown out, and the total of the remaining times will be competitor’s score for that stage. All stages will be shot five times with the exception of "Outer Limits" which will be shot four times.
The maximum time allowed for an individual string is 30 seconds.

For complete Rules and stage layouts please go here: Steel Challenge Club Information - Steel Challenge Shooting Association Home Page - US Practical Shooting Assocation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***NOTE***

*HSC is a COLD RANGE: All firearms will be kept UNLOADED except on the firing line under the direct supervision of a Match Officials.
*Gun handling at Safe tables only and must be brought to the firing line in a holster or case.
*Eye and ear protection is required for all shooters and spectators.
*Holsters: In general, holsters shall be mounted in the general vicinity of the waist, must cover the trigger, and must safely hold/retain the gun. All Centerfire handguns must be appropriate for holster use.
*HSC will allow "Low Ready" starts for Centerfire handguns (2 seconds added per run)
*Rimfire competition does not involve the use of a holster
*Each competitor is expected to come to the firing line ready to shoot, with an appropriate amount of ammunition in an appropriate number of magazines or speed-loaders or other loading devices.
*Minimum cartridge for centerfire competitions (38 Special, 9X19).
*Rimfire firearms must be .22 Long Rifle (.22LR) only
*Any ammunition deemed unsafe or likely to damage the targets will be removed from use
*Any standard plate which has not been hit before the stop plate will count as a Miss. Each Miss on a standard plate will result in a 3 (three) second penalty, added to the shooter’s time for that string.
*If the stop plate is not hit, the score for that string is 30 seconds

For Club information and directions:
Harvard Sportsmen's Club Harvard Sportsman's Club

Attachments

• 5-18-13 HSC results.pdf
    41.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
What's the round count

Five stages, Five strings(1 ten round magazine per string), five targets

If you shoot perfectly 125 (perfect)
If you shoot horribly 250 (10 rounds per stage)

Maybe more if you do magazine changes in the middle of a string

Wow, M.J.,

That's harsh! [laugh2]

Be there, y'all. [smile]

Aloha,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Last edited:
Steel Challenge Match May 18, 2013 - Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Thanks Paul ad all that put this shoot on. I am always impressed with the caliber of people I meet at matches. This sport produced some REALLY nice folk. I believe that it is one of the factors why people like shooting so much . Kudos ladies and gentleman

Great day! Beautiful range.... Thanks Harvard. the NRA for the targets . Mr Dandini puts on a great match.

A big thanks to all those who helped out yesterday!
Special Thanks go out to Dan and Betsy for registration and Jon and Matt for setup.

Results attached in a PDf in first post.

Thanks to everyone who helped organize and run the event.

There were a few guys there, wearing green jerseys, who were videotaping parts of the match. Does anyone know who they are / were they making the video for anything in particular (will it be online anywhere)? I don't care if I'm on it, I'm just curious.

Thanks to everyone who helped organize and run the event.

There were a few guys there, wearing green jerseys, who were videotaping parts of the match. Does anyone know who they are / were they making the video for anything in particular (will it be online anywhere)? I don't care if I'm on it, I'm just curious.

That's Jason Linn (NES name Jason L) and his crew from CT Steel Shooters. He will likely post in here or in a new thread. They were shooting a match in PA today so it may take a little while for them to edit it. Check out his youtube channel for some great videos. They look awesome on my living room TV (had to say that scooter [wink])

That's Jason Linn (NES name Jason L) and his crew from CT Steel Shooters. He will likely post in here or in a new thread. They were shooting a match in PA today so it may take a little while for them to edit it. Check out his youtube channel for some great videos. They look awesome on my living room TV (had to say that scooter [wink])

They do look great on the big screen:)
Nice shooing mike even being so tired as you were.

Well, another beautiful day. [smile]

And I didn't finish DFL! Me likee Steel Challenge. [rofl]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank (The New Super Senior)

Thanks Paul ad all that put this shoot on. I am always impressed with the caliber of people I meet at matches. This sport produced some REALLY nice folk. I believe that it is one of the factors why people like shooting so much . Kudos ladies and gentleman

It was fun shooting with you Scott. I am still searching for those dump pouches, when I find them I will PM you. Matt

- - - Updated - - -

Well, another beautiful day. [smile]

And I didn't finish DFL! Me likee Steel Challenge. [rofl]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank (The New Super Senior)

So, slowing the competition down with apple fritters worked?? [rofl]

Hey Matt,

The apple fritters didn't hurt, did they? Next time, maybe a whole pig for breakfast! [laugh2]

What a great way to spend a Saturday morning, no?

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank

It was fun shooting with you Scott. I am still searching for those dump pouches, when I find them I will PM you. Matt

- - - Updated - - -

So, slowing the competition down with apple fritters worked?? [rofl]

I appreciate that Matt . I've been looking on line to no avail . If you do find them ill take one. Nice shooting with you too.

Back
Top Bottom