• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Steel Challenge Match - May 03, 2014 - Harvard Sportsmen's Club

PMD

STEEL CHALLENGE MATCH
Saturday, May 03, 2014

SHOOTER'S MEETING: 9:15am
START TIME: 9:30am squadded

Categories:
Pistol Open, Pistol Iron, Production, Revolver Open, Revolver Iron, Rimfire Pistol Open, Rimfire Pistol Iron, Rimfire Rifle Open, Rimfire Rifle Iron.

Main match $15.00 (first gun).
Fun Run (if time permits) $5.00 (2nd gun) - scores recorded but not scored or submitted.
Juniors (18 and under) shoot first gun for free - 2nd gun $5.00 (All competitors 18 and under must be accompanied by their parent or guardian throughout the competition).

Five Stages:

Speed Option
Roundabout
Five to Go
Accelerator
Smoke & Hope

General Principles:

Steel Challenge scoring is simple: your time is your score!
Each stage consists of five targets, commonly referred to as plates. Four are standard plates, and the fifth is designated as the stop plate.
Each of the standard targets must be hit at least once before hitting the stop plate, and the time stops when the stop plate is hit. Competitors may fire as many rounds as they deem necessary for each string of fire. The worst string on each stage will be thrown out, and the total of the remaining times will be competitor’s score for that stage. All stages will be shot five times with the exception of "Outer Limits" which will be shot four times.
The maximum time allowed for an individual string is 30 seconds.

For complete Rules and stage layouts please go here: http://steelchallenge.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***NOTE***

*HSC is a COLD RANGE: All firearms will be kept UNLOADED except on the firing line under the direct supervision of a Match Officials.
*Gun handling at Safe tables only and must be brought to the firing line in a holster or case.
*Eye and ear protection is required for all shooters and spectators.
*Holsters: In general, holsters shall be mounted in the general vicinity of the waist, must cover the trigger, and must safely hold/retain the gun. All Centerfire handguns must be appropriate for holster use.
*HSC will allow "Low Ready" starts for Centerfire handguns (2 seconds added per run)
*Rimfire competition does not involve the use of a holster
*Each competitor is expected to come to the firing line ready to shoot, with an appropriate amount of ammunition in an appropriate number of magazines or speed-loaders or other loading devices.
*Minimum cartridge for centerfire competitions (38 Special, 9X19).
*Rimfire firearms must be .22 Long Rifle (.22LR) only
*Any ammunition deemed unsafe or likely to damage the targets will be removed from use
*Any standard plate which has not been hit before the stop plate will count as a Miss. Each Miss on a standard plate will result in a 3 (three) second penalty, added to the shooter’s time for that string.
*If the stop plate is not hit, the score for that string is 30 seconds

For Club information and directions:
Harvard Sportsmen's Club Harvard Sportsman's Club http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.net

As Jason noted - weather looks good for Saturday - mid 60's.

Please show up and be registered by 9:15a.
We are trying out Practiscore (with paper backup) for this match.

Michael Eisenhower has stepped up to set this up (Thanks Michael!).

At Registration you will first Pay, choose a squad and receive a waiver form to sign.
Next you will need to register, submit signed form, provide shooter info along with your USPSA# if you have one.

There will most likely be a learning curve with this scoring set-up - so be patient with the volunteers.

Thanks and see you on the range.

Hey, what a great day.

Many thanks to Mike for getting the PractiScores up so quickly. But where's my 1.52 string on Accelerator????? I got witnesses, you know. [rofl]

And kudos to all who were patient and helpful to the new shooters who came out today. I know we have several converts from our squad.

Lastly, a big "attaboy" to Paul Dandini who has worked so hard to get Steel Challenge going at Harvard. But we all know he just uses us to practice more . . . (see scores). [laugh2]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Thanks to everyone who helped run the match.

scores are up

On behalf of Paul I'd like to thank everyone who came out today.

Anyone else have any issues with the page?

The links for the scores by division, either overall or per stage (i.e. C.F. Production - Overall or Rimfire Open - Roundabout), seem to be loading very sporadically for me. I need to hit back then retry about a dozen times to get it to load. The combined scores, overall or per stage, seem to be loading fine though.
Same results with Firefox and Chrome (on Debian).

Last edited:
Anyone else have any issues with the page?

The links for the scores by division, either overall or per stage (i.e. C.F. Production - Overall or Rimfire Open - Roundabout), seem to be loading very sporadically for me. I need to hit back then retry about a dozen times to get it to load. The combined scores, overall or per stage, seem to be loading fine though.
Same results with Firefox and Chrome (on Debian).

Yeah, I was going to say something. I was having issues too, both with chrome on chromebook and firefox on linux. Combined seems to always work though.

Great match today, a lot of jambs/pistol problems for both new and experienced shooters. I give up on downloading the results all sorts of conflicts, I tried Firefox, Explorer and Chrome. fustrating

Thanks to Paul and rest of the staff

Thx

View attachment matchResults.zip

For those having trouble with practiscore.com try downloading the attached zip file. If you unzip it and open up index.html in your browser you should be able to see all the results by division.

Thanks for the patience, this is our first match with a new system.

Combined Results worked for me on Chrome. Thanks to Paul D for putting this all together and thanks to the RO's. I truly have a great time at these events. See you guys next month!

Great job Paul and Michael ! Thanks for a great day and the super afternoon session. Thanks to "point blank" for keeping us safe and laughing in the AM. Good shooting Dan and Harrison , it was close!

Is there a practice range around already set up for steel challenge? I'd like to try my hand at this, looks like a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a good time as always. Thanks to everyone who helps to make these shoots run smoothly. See you all next time.

Is there a practice range around already set up for steel challenge? I'd like to try my hand at this, looks like a great time.

As long as you can shoot safely at the match, come on out to the next one. If you're a member at Harvard, there's some steel you can practice on on the subgun range.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

What a great turnout - close to seventy shooters in the morning squad.

Thanks to all those that helped with ROing and scoring.

If you can or want to help with future matches please let me know or at registration next match. We can always use help with experienced ROs or can teach you how to use the electronic Nooks to score.

Mike E. the scoring system you set up seemed to run awesome - Thanks!

hello to all at sportsman had great time at match. thanks to mike and paul see u next at the next one.

- - - Updated - - -

hello to all at sportsman had great time at match. thanks to mike and paul see u next at the next one.

My thanks to Mike, Paul and all for the ROs for doing an awesome job. I can't wait till the next one. I just need to cut my times in half to be competitive!!

As long as you can shoot safely at the match, come on out to the next one. If you're a member at Harvard, there's some steel you can practice on on the subgun range.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

10-4. Thanks.

Jeremy,

Glad you found the source of the problems -- so, give me my ammo back! Just kidding. [rofl]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom