Steel Challenge Match - June 18, 2011 - Harvard Sportsmen's Club

I figure if I'm done shooting, packed up, and back on the road by 1pm I'll be safe.

Are you expecting a higher or lower turnout for the July 2nd match?

Hot poo! I finally won something in a shooting match. [laugh2]

'Course, I was also the only one shooting Rimfire Iron Pistol (heh, heh). [smile]

But my scores are gonna' get better next time since I finally have the .22LR conversion sighted in now. [rofl]

Thanks, Paul and others, for a great time.

TTFN,
"Point-Blank" Frank
:cool:

Heh, heh.

"Point Blank" Frank first came up at a Bruce Gray course at the SigArms Academy when the only way I could hit the targets was to get "up close and personal" with the paper. I think Michael Bain came up with the name - Bruce and Paul Erhardt were laughing so hard that the label seemed so right.

I think the name became permanent when I was at Manville, RI on a cold but clear day for an monthly USPSA match a couple of years ago. Once again, I charged a set of paper targets and shot from such close quarters that all (and I do mean all) of the tape fell off each target as I was movin' through. Of course I claimed "2 Alpha" on each and every one during scoring. Matt Joe and Mike Walsh had nothing to dispute my calls and scored them accordingly. Or maybe that's just what the legend says . . .

TTFN,
F.
:cool:

Harvard Action Shooters and Steel Challenge match of June 18 appears again in todays issue of The Shooting Wire.
Sorry, could not get it to link.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom