Steel Challenge Match - July 02, 2011 - Harvard Sportsmen's Club

PMD

STEEL CHALLENGE MATCH - SATURDAY, July 02, 2011
REGISTRATION 8:30AM +/-
START TIME 9:30AM squadded

4 Stage Match:

Speed Option http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/speed_option.pdf
Roundabout http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/roundabout.pdf
Five to Go http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/five_to_go.pdf
Smoke & Hope http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/smoke_and_hope.pdf

Categories:
Pistol Open, Pistol Iron, Production, Revolver Open, Revolver Iron, Rimfire Pistol Open, Rimfire Pistol Iron, Rimfire Rifle open, Rimfire Rifle Iron.

Scores will not to be sent into SCSA (Steel Challenge Shooting Association)
$10.00 first gun - if space permits 2nd gun $5.00
Juniors shoot first gun for free.

General Principles:
Steel Challenge scoring is simple: your time is your score!
Each stage consists of five targets, commonly referred to as plates. Four are standard plates, and the fifth is designated as the stop plate.
Each of the standard targets must be hit at least once before hitting the stop plate, and the time stops when the stop plate is hit. Competitors may fire as many rounds as they deem necessary for each string of fire. The worst string on each stage will be thrown out, and the total of the remaining times will be competitor’s score for that stage. All stages will be shot five times with the exception of "Outer Limits" which will be shot four times.
The maximum time allowed for an individual string is 30 seconds.

For complete Rules and stage layouts please go here: http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/SCSARules.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***NOTE***

*HSC is a COLD RANGE: All firearms will be kept UNLOADED except on the firing line under the direct supervision of a Match Officials.
*Gun handling at Safe tables only and must be brought to the firing line in a holster or case.
*Eye and ear protection is required for all shooters and spectators.
*Holsters: In general, holsters shall be mounted in the general vicinity of the waist, must cover the trigger, and must safely hold/retain the gun. All Centerfire handguns must be appropriate for holster use.
*HSC will allow "Low Ready" starts for Centerfire handguns (2 seconds added per run)
*Rimfire competition does not involve the use of a holster
*Each competitor is expected to come to the firing line ready to shoot, with an appropriate amount of ammunition in an appropriate number of magazines or speed-loaders or other loading devices.
*Minimum cartridge for centerfire competitions (38 Special, 9X19).
*Rimfire firearms must be .22 Long Rifle (.22LR) only
*Any ammunition deemed unsafe or likely to damage the targets will be removed from use
*Any standard plate which has not been hit before the stop plate will count as a Miss. Each Miss on a standard plate will result in a 3 (three) second penalty, added to the shooter’s time for that string.
*If the stop plate is not hit, the score for that string is 30 seconds

Looking forward to this one. I've had to miss the other two, so I can't wait to finally shoot some steel. I haven't decided what I'm shooting yet. Probably my production gun and either rimfire open with my gallery gun or rimfire iron with my 617.

I shot at the last match and was the last shooter on our last stage ( only shot one gun) and I was out the gate at high noon. Looking forward to this next one. You may want to add a little time for travel on Saturday as it's the 4th of Jluy weekend.

Looking forward to this one. I've had to miss the other two, so I can't wait to finally shoot some steel. I haven't decided what I'm shooting yet. Probably my production gun and either rimfire open with my gallery gun or rimfire iron with my 617.

Remind me, if you shoot the 617 I can bring my DS-10 speed loader & loading block. You could also shoot the "poor mans open minor 10 M&P" ™ if you shoot 1st gun and I shoot it 2nd or visa versa.

If you all have a chance, be sure to wish my daughter a happy birthday tomorrow. She turns 10 and she'll be accompanying me to the match. This will be her first time to a gun range, so I hope it is a good experience. She doesn't quite feel ready to try shooting yet, but I was happy she wanted to come with me.

Thanks Paul

We all had a great time, this was fun shoot.
My sqaud all helped out , so everything ran smooth!!
If you run another one I will be there to help set up! and RO again.

Jon

If you all have a chance, be sure to wish my daughter a happy birthday tomorrow.

Mission accomplished! It was nice meeting you and your daughter. As well as all the other NESers I met! I didn't do very well - I've been shooting rifles more than handguns lately - but it was fun. And I did eventually start to bring my times down.

As usual, there were some very nice folks there. Great talking to and shooting with you all. Thanks to those who talked to me about Pro Ears Gold, too. I think I'm going to order a pair.

Sorry I missed it. I had to be at Greg Derr's at 8 AM and figured I wouldn't make it back to Harvard by 9:30 AM. So I went to New Bedford and just got there in time for their IDPA club match. So many matches, so little time.

Off to Westfield tomorrow AM...

Thanks for putting on a fun match. I definitely want to try steel challenge again, but I think next time I'll try my Browning Buckmark. Thanks also to those who wished my daughter a happy birthday. Even though I came in last place, having her tell me she had a fun time and that she is ready to try shooting takes away all of the sting. [smile]

Big Daddy Al, I didn't realize it was your daughters birthday, Happy birthday to her. You and your daughter are welcome to shoot with us anytime. Actually it would be a privalage to shoot with such a young new shooter. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Last edited:
Thanks for a great match. I really appreciate you taking the time to get the results out so quickly. By the end of the match I was exhausted, and all I did was shoot. To run this match and get the results out on the same day took a lot of effort, which is much appreciated.

Wow! I didn't finish DFL this time out -- but I only came in second in my Division. [rofl]

Thanks again for the fun times, Paul et al. And I got to watch the former Mayor of Suckville shoot five (count 'em 5) consecutive clean strings on "Smoke & Hope" -- way to go Erhardt!

And congrats to Kat for a fine performance as a young shooter as well as kudos to dad Rich for starting her out in shooting the right (safe) way.

Good times had by all.

TTFN,
F.
:cool:

Thanks for a great match. I really appreciate you taking the time to get the results out so quickly. By the end of the match I was exhausted, and all I did was shoot. To run this match and get the results out on the same day took a lot of effort, which is much appreciated.

Fred - your welcome! - thanks for shooting.

Thank you for the kind words. Kat had a great time at her first "real" match. I hope she continues to show interest in future match's.
Rich

Thanks for a great match. It was a lot of fun. It was my first Steel Challenge match, but certainly won't be my last!

Back
Top Bottom