• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Steel Challenge at Pioneer Sportsman Club - Dunbarton, NH

What a great day today shooting the Steel Challenge. I shot 3 rounds using my SIG P226 DAK 22lr conversion, S&W M&P9 Pro and SIG P226 DAK 40 S&W. Interestingly, I shot faster with the 40S&W than I did the 22lr although I had 1 double feed on each stage with the 22lr conversion [thinking]. I have only been using Mini-Mags, was starting to feel confident with the conversion and had not had any feeding issues for quite some time. Fortunately you get to thow out the highest time of 5 strings. I'm looking forward to June 5th for the next match.

If you haven't shot the Steel Challenge you really need to come out and try it. Don't feel intimidated or think you aren't good enough, everyone there will welcome you and offer plenty of advice. Just tell the Safety Officer it's your first time and they will willingly guide you through the Stages. It really is a blast!! Go here for the upcoming match dates, info and directions. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom