? Steel at monument beach ?

From a forwarded email:

Hi all
Just a reminder about the 1st speed steel shoot of 2017.
Register till 9:00 a.m. Shooting after our mandatory safety meeting.
Categories:
Centerfire pistol or rifle firing regular pistol calibers not hotter than 45acp
22lr rimfire pistols and rifles
Sights are shooters choice
****This year****
Score cards will be provided at the sign up table
We will start each string with gun, both handguns and rifles, loaded and pointed at the base of the 1st target.
Each shooter can participate in up to 2 different categories, --- $10 for the 1st and $5 for the 2nd
1 string reshoot per stage for equipment failures and the best 4 out of 5 string scores will be counted for each stage.
Don’t forget:
Eye and ear protection for both shooters and spectators.
A strong side holster or carry bag to transport pistols / revolvers.
100 plus rounds of ammo for each category you want to shoot in.
Your guns.
Enough mags or speed loaders to allow you to shoot 25 shot stages – the 1st match this year will consist of 4 stages with (5) 5 shot strings for each stage - single stack pistols and revolvers will require (6 mags with 5 rounds each or speed loaders loaded with up to 6 rounds for each stage – double stacks can load 10 per mag –

iPhone won't let me scroll down in edit mode on my long post... :/

I plan on being there if they are still running it. Cold and snow don't bother me. I can update this thread for this coming Saturday's match if I hear that they cancel it. I just now saw that we may get a decent snowfall on Friday with severe low temps.

I emailed the guy who runs it to find out. Haven't heard back yet. IDPA was cancelled last Saturday due to rain.

If it were up to me I'd say fvckit, lets shoot. Rain doesn't bother me but with IDPA you have to try to get those stickers to stay on the cardboard. That's a PITA when they're wet. With steel, you sometimes have to spray them white again but at least you aren't dealing with wet cardboard/ stickers.

I was planning on steel @ MoBeach Saturday and IDPA @ CCF&G Sunday. If they both get rained out I'm gonna cry. [laugh]

At the moment it is on for this Sat. I will be there. Prob be the guy under the umbrella.

Saturday is going to be fine. Rain isn't moving in until after 5-6pm. Hoping to make the Worcester IDPA match...

Sunday is going to be a complete washout however.

From a forwarded email:

Hi all
Just a reminder about the 1st speed steel shoot of 2017.
Register till 9:00 a.m. Shooting after our mandatory safety meeting.
Categories:
Centerfire pistol or rifle firing regular pistol calibers not hotter than 45acp
22lr rimfire pistols and rifles
Sights are shooters choice
****This year****
Score cards will be provided at the sign up table
We will start each string with gun, both handguns and rifles, loaded and pointed at the base of the 1st target.
Each shooter can participate in up to 2 different categories, --- $10 for the 1st and $5 for the 2nd
1 string reshoot per stage for equipment failures and the best 4 out of 5 string scores will be counted for each stage.
Don’t forget:
Eye and ear protection for both shooters and spectators.
A strong side holster or carry bag to transport pistols / revolvers.
100 plus rounds of ammo for each category you want to shoot in.
Your guns.
Enough mags or speed loaders to allow you to shoot 25 shot stages – the 1st match this year will consist of 4 stages with (5) 5 shot strings for each stage - single stack pistols and revolvers will require (6 mags with 5 rounds each or speed loaders loaded with up to 6 rounds for each stage – double stacks can load 10 per mag –

Is this the actual rules ??
red dot and iron sights in same class ?

Back
Top Bottom