Stealthy Rifle Case

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
I stopped into Ocean State Job Lot today and saw these nice padded ballistic nylon carry cases for only $10.00

At first I thought it was a rifle case, but it was really intended for a skateboard. I measured it and found it to be 34" long and thought to myself "I bet my AR15 will fit in that". So for such short money I grabbed one. Sure enough, my AR fit perfectly (16" bbl with stock collapsed and 30 round mag inserted) and it even has a nice padded shoulder strap, D rings, and zippered pouches for mags on the outside.

I found the exact case on Amazon for $26, I posted the link here so you can see what it looks like:

https://www.amazon.com/Whiptide-Carve-Board-Travel-Carrying/dp/B017JT2ERG

With the name "WHIPTIDE" emblazoned on the outside, it doesn't scream "Red Alert - Black Killy Rifle In Here".

Last edited:
Yo, I don't know whoz manz it is. Maybe the 4 that left a review. They have a 20% off code. Use Coupon Code GUNWINNER20 for a 20% Savings on your order, and your entire order will ship for $4!

.. Yo whoz manz is this ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a hard plastic golf travel bag mounted to a trailer hitch on a Harley Ultra Glide once and thought that thing would hold half a dozen rifles and nobody would ever get weak kneed and call the swat team on you.

Seems to me that any kind of a bag says "Must be something worth a few bucks in here, so steal me and open me later."

True, but its more for keeping from being SWAT'ed then to keep safe from a thief. Since golf clubs (or boards) are more available then fire arms it may make a thief look for less secure ones to steal though....

a soft electric guitar bag is the perfect disguise. being a former musician I have a few hanging around still. nobody would ever be the wiser. they can be bought cheap online and usually offer somewhat substantial protection

That works until they ask to see your quitar.[wink]

a soft electric guitar bag is the perfect disguise. being a former musician I have a few hanging around still. nobody would ever be the wiser. they can be bought cheap online and usually offer somewhat substantial protection

I used to use a hard sided acoustic guitar case that had two small locks on it.

Picked up a couple from the Norwood, MA location (plenty left on the shelf). Dimensions are 35"x11"x4". It's wide enough to fit my DP-12 or tall enough to fit my Tavor with bipod and optic. For $10, not a bad deal for a small soft case with a lot of pockets and padding. Pretty sure my Tavor will continue to ride in its guitar case though, but this is a good backup.

Here are the pics of mine:

Whiptide1.jpg

Whiptide2.jpg

The angled style cases don't allow you to insert the rifle with a 30 round mag installed.

Awesome deal for $10 [thumbsup]

Last edited:
Available in Marlboro. Back of the store, in the seasonal section, 7 or 10 left.

They also had a 3-pack of cheater glasses (for the reloading bench)--3 for $2.99

I grabbed two today. Fit my AR and tavor perfectly. There where a few left at the ocean state job lot in Taunton off Winthrop street.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I stopped into Ocean State Job Lot today and saw these nice padded ballistic nylon carry cases for only $10.00

At first I thought it was a rifle case, but it was really intended for a skateboard. I measured it and found it to be 34" long and thought to myself "I bet my AR15 will fit in that". So for such short money I grabbed one. Sure enough, my AR fit perfectly (16" bbl with stock collapsed and 30 round mag inserted) and it even has a nice padded shoulder strap, D rings, and zippered pouches for mags on the outside.

I found the exact case on Amazon for $26, I posted the link here so you can see what it looks like:

https://www.amazon.com/Whiptide-Carve-Board-Travel-Carrying/dp/B017JT2ERG

With the name "WHIPTIDE" emblazoned on the outside, it doesn't scream "Red Alert - Black Killy Rifle In Here".

No good. It has a picture of someone holding their hands up. Cops will think you're a BLM supporter and shoot you on sight. LOL.

Here are the pics of mine:

Whiptide1.jpg

Whiptide2.jpg

The angled style cases don't allow you to insert the rifle with a 30 round mag installed.

Awesome deal for $10 [thumbsup]

Not trying to nit pick here, but why is your carry handle mounted a few slots forward? Is there a purpose behind mounting it this way or just preference for sight picture, or whatever?

Not trying to nit pick here, but why is your carry handle mounted a few slots forward? Is there a purpose behind mounting it this way or just preference for sight picture, or whatever?

The carry balance is more horizontal with the handle forward, especially with a full mag.
Since it's a 7.62x39, the curved mag puts more weight forward of the mag well than one chambered in 5.56

Back
Top Bottom