States Losing Gun Sales in Trump Admin.

Market correction.********
Donald Trump’s election to the White House has inadvertently slowed gun sales as many Second Amendment supporters no longer fear strict gun control. But as a result, the nation’s economy – both public and private sectors – might have to bite the bullet, and some states could take a bigger hit than others.

In its latest impact report, The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the leading trade association for the firearms industry, estimates that the gun arena has created around 30,000 jobs over the past three years. And in 2016 alone, it is reported to have contributed more than $51 billion to the country’s economy and a further $7.4 billion in federal and state taxes.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/1...al-hit-if-gun-industry-slows-under-trump.html

as we all know, O'Bamma drove fear-based gun sales. people purchased because his agenda scared them. Trump's victory will continue to bring down the demand side of the curve. but the good news is prices must fall. look at ammo right now. it's cheapest in a while. firearm costs will have to come down as well to meet up with the lower demand. it's the nature of free market.

the "fake news" (i include foxnews in that category) wants to make trump look as bad as possible. foxnews just does it more discreetly. they want to smear trump and preserve their little neo-con viewership. they make me sick.

I really can't believe that the last Black Friday/Cyber Monday didn't have better deals following the election considering dealers stocked up expecting people to panic buy if Hillary won. I know in early November a gun shop here in RI had pallets of ammo, AR's and magazines and they still had them in January when I went there again.

as we all know, O'Bamma drove fear-based gun sales. people purchased because his agenda scared them. Trump's victory will continue to bring down the demand side of the curve. but the good news is prices must fall. look at ammo right now. it's cheapest in a while. firearm costs will have to come down as well to meet up with the lower demand. it's the nature of free market.

the "fake news" (i include foxnews in that category) wants to make trump look as bad as possible. foxnews just does it more discreetly. they want to smear trump and preserve their little neo-con viewership. they make me sick.
Did you watch Tucker Carlson's interview w/Trump last night? I don't think he was trying to make Trump look bad like he does to every anti-Trump moonbat who he interviews. What Fox news reader other than Meghan Kelly mocked Trump? Hannity was an early supporter and Trump gave numerous interviews to Fox reporters during the election.

Did you watch Tucker Carlson's interview w/Trump last night? I don't think he was trying to make Trump look bad like he does to every anti-Trump moonbat who he interviews. What Fox news reader other than Meghan Kelly mocked Trump? Hannity was an early supporter and Trump gave numerous interviews to Fox reporters during the election.

There are a few exceptions at foxnews. tucker carlson and sean hannity are the two main ones. the rest of that network are neo-conservative turds aka RINOs. they are no friend of freedom. and yes foxnews is trying to question Trump just as much as every other liberal network, they just do it in more circuitous manner.

My father bought his first ever rifle the day of the election. He was worried that Hillary would win.

I have not felt the urge to add to my collection recently, since Trump has won, Gorsuch looks like an easy confirmation and now I live in NC where we'll have constitutional carry in the near future.

I know I should be adding to my stash, because things change, but the urgency factor is definitely lower for me. Although, if I was still in MA, I'd still be raging about the ar ban. So many of friends up there are felons in waiting, with Maura just needing an excuse. Once Baker is gone and the next democrat Governor takes office, I could see something happening,

Let's be honest: The firearms industry was the only industry that thrived under Barry, the greatest gun salesman ever. [laugh]

Anyway, most of this article is based on a study done by an Internet site called WalletHub. No, I never heard of them before today either. [thinking]

Read the WalletHub study if you are so inclined. Lots of flaws and squirrelly, suspect information therein. Draw your own conclusions. [rolleyes]

Good time to stock up and buy the guns and ammo you want, rather than buy whatever is available.

Only a matter of time until the next scare. Stock up now so you are not that schmuck waiting for 'the guy with the key' at Walmart (who I am not convinced actually exists) so you can buy 3 (only) boxes of Winchester white box 9mm for $14 each.

Last edited:
There are a few exceptions at foxnews. tucker carlson and sean hannity are the two main ones. the rest of that network are neo-conservative turds aka RINOs. they are no friend of freedom. and yes foxnews is trying to question Trump just as much as every other liberal network, they just do it in more circuitous manner.

Lately, O'Reilly has been less critical of Trump and has been slamming the left fairly hard over their nonsensical protests and hard line stances on many issues.

It seems a tad early to draw conclusions of that magnitude. Give the economy more time to continue in the direction it's going and come back with a year or two of numbers (to the joke of an "author" of that article)

Trump won't be POTUS forever, and the Congress won't be run by Repubs either. Plan accordingly.

Only a matter of time before a more comprehensive push for gun control happens. It only takes one Newtown.

My firearms purchasing has definitely slowed since the election. I've only bought one rifle and one pistol since November.

EDIT: Forgot the Annie I bought my son, so i guess it's 3 since the election [wink]

But I have been buying a shit-ton of ammo (1000+ rounds between 9MM and 45, another 2k of .22 and 100 rounds of .50 just this week. Also buying magazines, slings, and optics. The next 'big' buy is glass for my Barrett, but I need to see where I am going to be April 15 before I make that call - unless something extraordinary comes along.

Wake me up when I can buy something cool. I have the same options today as I did a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom