Stateline guns, ammo & archery (Plaistow, NH)

I've dealt with this shop for years and my experience has been good. They carry new and used guns and the selection changes constantly so I often stop just to see what's in. They also have a decent selection of accessories and if they don't have something in-store, they can usually get stuff quickly.

Prices are ok as a rule, bearing in mind it's a gun shop, not wally mart. Good deals can be found there if you check in from time to time. They also usually have a fair stock of factory and mil-surp ammo on hand.

Gene (the owner) is a really nice guy and easy to deal with. The other guy Jeff is kind of quiet but if you get him started is full of entertaining stories (believable and unbelievable), but generally knows his stuff.

They also have a good selection of knives and paintball gear as well as archery stuff (as the name implies).

I deal with them almost exclusively, so I obviously like this shop.

They're located off route 125 just about a mile beyond the big plazas in Plaistow (maybe half a mile beyond Dave's sporting goods) in the small plaza on the left just beyond the candy shop that you can't miss going north. The store is right in the 90 degree angle where the building turns in an L shape.

They're worth checking out if you're in the area.

Last edited:
directions

Coming into Plaistow from Derry, I usually take 102 to 111 and then hit 125; approaching that Route 125 intersection from 111, which way on 125 would I have to go, north or south ? thanks.

stosh said:
Coming into Plaistow from Derry, I usually take 102 to 111 and then hit 125; approaching that Route 125 intersection from 111, which way on 125 would I have to go, north or south ? thanks.

From the intersection of 111 & 125 you'd go south on 125 (right turn onto 125). Should see a real estate agency on the right shortly before you get to the plaza. There's a Dominos pizza place in the plaza so if you see thier sign you know it's the right place.

I've been to Stateline a few times. They're good folks and the prices aren't bad. Course...there's not too much that I can buy (being a MA resident), but I do enjoy drooling over certain things in there from time to time. I usually get ammo and targets there.

Thought I'd add a note to this thread since last time I stopped in Gene was in the process of moving the store into a stand-alone building across from the shopping plaza it was previously in. By now they should be moved so the shop will be located almost directly across the street from the plaza I originally described.

there`s achap named Gary who works part time as gunsmith /sales who`s thr most knowledgeable around in gun lore & values. Also highly talented mechanically-isn`t much he cant repair!

Have been to Stateline several times. Very nice shop, nice people to deal with, very knowledgeable about firearms. What is that Dave's shop like, what direction from Stateline is it ?

Daves is about a mile south on 125. Smaller shop....a very nice guy! Bought my first pistol from Dave! The new stateline store is much nicer and larger than the last.

Have been to Stateline several times. Very nice shop, nice people to deal with, very knowledgeable about firearms. What is that Dave's shop like, what direction from Stateline is it ?

South on your left....in the same plaza as an XXX shop and some Tool place.

Well, I went in and checked this place out today since it's the closest shop to my house...I was far from impressed, if not turned off.

I went in...Pretty good size shop, actually. Their inventory of ammo was minimal. Their inventory of pistols was pretty minimal, as well.

Being in NH, I was thinking I'd be walking into a shop with Springfield, H&K, Kimber, etc...The most "exotic" pistol (in comparison to the selection in MA) was Taurus...Wow, Taurus [rolleyes]

They had about 4 evil black rifles...Yes, four of them.

The store was pretty bare in general, actually with 4 guys behind the counter and 3 customers in the store...One of them being me. Not once did any of them bother to even acknowledge me and say hello, even when I stood over the same case of M&Ps for a solid 5 minutes.

I finally just walked out. Maybe I walked in at a bad time or something, I don't know.

Needless to say, they won't get any of my business from now on. [thinking]

I bought a few guns there. Never had any issues. Gene is a good guy and has always matched any price I got elsewhere.

As for not having a large inventory.......well that is happening everywhere. What was the going rate for the EBR's he had there?

I bought a few guns there. Never had any issues. Gene is a good guy and has always matched any price I got elsewhere.

As for not having a large inventory.......well that is happening everywhere. What was the going rate for the EBR's he had there?

Not sure...They were behind the counter and

The store was pretty bare in general, actually with 4 guys behind the counter and 3 customers in the store...One of them being me. Not once did any of them bother to even acknowledge me and say hello, even when I stood over the same case of M&Ps for a solid 5 minutes.

stateline gun store

stateline is the worst store i went in looking for a holster for my ruger p345 they had nothing .no ammo same handguns as always.i brought my bow there to get worked and after that had to bring it somewhere else.gene is a very nice guy buy is as dumb as a sack of rocks.

stateline is the worst store i went in looking for a holster for my ruger p345 they had nothing .no ammo same handguns as always.i brought my bow there to get worked and after that had to bring it somewhere else.gene is a very nice guy buy is as dumb as a sack of rocks.

First of all, there simply aren't a lot of holsters made specifically for that gun. The Fobus Sig-Pro fits, if that helps.

Second, if you haven't noticed ammunition is rarer than hen's teeth these days. If you do find a store that is capable of satiating all your current ammo needs, please let me know, so I can drop buy and pick some up.

Third, the popular, in demand guns are flying out of there as fast as he can get 'em in, leaving behind the "same handguns as always". Looking for something in particular? I'm sure he'd be glad to get one on order for you.

Fourth, well, I won't get into it here in great detail, but suffice to say whining about how much a store sucks because they don't have the ammo you're looking for in stock doesn't exactly propel you to the head of the class.

As to the comment by dreppucci007 that no one acknowledged him there, I gotta believe he went there on an off day.

As to the comment by dreppucci007 that no one acknowledged him there, I gotta believe he went there on an off day.

It was a Saturday morning around 11am...That's not an "off day" in my opinion. That still wouldn't change the fact that there were 4 employees (that I saw) and I was one of 3 customers.

Now that I think about it, I've been in there recently (like this morning), and noticed a couple "new guys" behind the counter. The "regulars" are just so used to seeing me around, I guess my perspective is clouded somewhat.

Well, I decided to give these guys ONE last shot...They already had their first 2 strikes, but wanted to give them a shot.

As opposed to going in on a Saturday where there was even a slight potential for it being busy, I decided to go this last Thursday afternoon around 4pm. This time, they (temporarily) won my business.

I walked in and even though there were other shoppers, I was greeted by an employee, who was extremely pleasant. He took the time to say hello and see if he could help me with anything.

I got the items I wanted and he came right over and asked if I found everything. He thanked me for my business and even mentioned to me that he was getting an order of ammo in the next day, just in case I was looking.

I asked his name and shook his hand...His name was Gary. I thanked him and told him of my previous experiences and that he won my business, to which he apologized for others and thanked me for the business again.

I'll be back now.

I asked his name and shook his hand...His name was Gary. I thanked him and told him of my previous experiences and that he won my business, to which he apologized for others and thanked me for the business again.

I'll be back now.

Glad to hear it. The owner Gene is a good guy. I've bought a few guns there and never had any issue.

Stateline Guns in Plaistow NH

Very nice people. Their price seems a tad bit higher but the shopping experience is great.

Anyone for some other feedback?

I've known gene for a while and thoswe guys have always been helpful. I sometimes found their prices to be a bit higher than other. Example a guy comes in a trades a 9mm taurus for $275 and those guys turn around and sell it for $399. I found it a lttle bit disappointing that they would mark up this gun like that.

But they are very helpful and attentive.

I agree but they do take good care of thier regulars. They also have a good mix of knowledge when it comes to hunting, assault rifles, classic firearms. It is kind of like everyone there has their "specialty". This was a great help while I was new to the sport. Prices can be a bit higher but overall I try and give them as much business as I can afford. Good People.

Gary has been very helpful and has done great work on my pistols (hes the gunsmith at the shop). He is very knowledgeable. Gene the owners is also very friendly, pleasure to do business with. Last time I was there they had a whole slew of EBRs but not too much ammo. I also like their knife cabinet (and the batman slicer thing)

Back
Top Bottom