State Trooper shot in Hyannis at 11:30 last night

Noreaster13

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it's that bad down here, I partially grew up next to Brockton back in the 80s- early 90s & I work out of New Beige so I know what I'm looking at as far as sketchy areas.

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Mid nineties we all used to drive down there to hit the clubs on the weekend. They were great in the summer with all the tourist ladies. Most of those clubs are probably long gone now
Mid nineties I used to hitchhike down there barefoot from Bass River and hang out with all the juvie delinquents on the green. ;)

Noreaster13

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mid nineties we all used to drive down there to hit the clubs on the weekend. They were great in the summer with all the tourist ladies. Most of those clubs are probably long gone now
Millhill club, pufferbellies, asa bearse house, goodfellows, compass lounge from what I remember. Yep they're long gone

FormerlyIndifferent

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two words: Bridgeport, Connecticut
Home to the only jai alai place (stadium? Not sure what you call them) I ever saw. It was right next to the Bridgeport Amtrak station, and it was always a landmark for me on my trips to and from New York and points south or southwest via Amtrak. They must have razed it in the last 20 years or so, because (like much of Bridgeport, especially the armpit old industrial sections north of the Amtrak station and adjacent to the tracks).....the building doesn't seem to be there any more!

unnamed.jpg

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
A little after 4:00, radio in the background sounded like a black Acura sedan registered to someone named Santoro. No idea if it was related to this or just radio traffic

dgrantdoherty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the hells going on with the Cape??
Cuppa years back there was Gannon, now people shooting cops during traffic stops.
Let's not forget the 2 cops in falmouth that got shot a few years back

dgrantdoherty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve lived on Cape my whole life. Hyannis has been a scum magnet for as long as I remember but the violent crime has risen considerably since the opioid problem exploded here, sometime around the mid 2000’s.
I agree. Falmouth my whole life. There is a reason everyone calls it hytown. But the cape doesn't make me nearly as nervous as some larger off cape cities. Maybe because I'm used to it.

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Home to the only jai alai place (stadium? Not sure what you call them) I ever saw. It was right next to the Bridgeport Amtrak station, and it was always a landmark for me on my trips to and from New York and points south or southwest via Amtrak. They must have razed it in the last 20 years or so, because (like much of Bridgeport, especially the armpit old industrial sections north of the Amtrak station and adjacent to the tracks).....the building doesn't seem to be there any more!

View attachment 413871
Newport RI had one, mafia central.

Behind Enemy Lines

Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
:rolleyes:

One thing happens and suddenly everyone becomes shoe-peeing purse-clutchers and pulls out the "oh golly what's happened to our fair town!" routine. I wouldn't put Hyannis in the top 25 "dangerous" places in MA.

Shockingly he has priors:

G Port

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Took my truck to Hyannis a few years back to have the bed lined at a shop near the airport. Took a few hours so I told the guy at the shop that the dog and I were just going to walk around get a coffee and kill some time until the job was complete. The owner of the business was quick to tell me to watch our step around buildings and parking lots because there were a lot of used needles laying around. Our first stop was honey dew for a coffee. Not there two minutes and some scuzzy looking creep started asking about the dog. I politely answered and then he just skipped right to "can I use your cell phone?" F*** off, lets go dog!!! Further up the road local police rolled up to me as I was cutting through a parking lot and asked what I was doing. Told him and he replied ok just watch out for used needles on the ground. Later without thinking I took a short cut walking though a parking lot to get to a convenience store and a different cop who was sitting in the lot rolled over to us and told us to watch out for discarded needles. I felt like I was in 70's south Bronx instead of cape cod
[pics] of the hound.

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

One thing happens and suddenly everyone becomes shoe-peeing purse-clutchers and pulls out the "oh golly what's happened to our fair town!" routine. I wouldn't put Hyannis in the top 25 "dangerous" places in MA.

Read Cape Cod times on line, it is a drug infested city. This is far from a one time thing. Did work in town plenty of times and now it has infected Yarmouth.

Last edited:

dgrantdoherty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

True. We always had Kennedys on ambien.

dgrantdoherty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After watching this , everything on the Cape makes sense to me.

“You go there to die”

View: https://youtu.be/QxpGYyHOtvc
No we go here to live. But some people feel the need to take advantage of a system that favors drug users and heavily taxes working people. Everything costs more here. Except heroin. My house off cape would be 300k. Here its much more. Shit situation. And scumbags that like to feel bad for themselves or have mental illness

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I left the Lower Cape about 30 years ago. Much of the Cape was clean then with the obvious bit of occasional scuzziness in Hyannis, Falmouth, and PTown, but it has obviously degraded since then.

mousegunfan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Camp street is as bad as it gets. Why was a state trooper there? Must have been drug under cover. Otherwise no reason for a trooper to be in that area. Odd he was shot in the hand. I wonder if it could be self inflicted while in a struggle.

dgrantdoherty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left the Lower Cape about 30 years ago. Much of the Cape was clean then with the obvious bit of occasional scuzziness in Hyannis, Falmouth, and PTown, but it has obviously degraded since then.
No need to bring my falmouth into this. Mostly moved to mashpee now. Haha

dgrantdoherty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Camp street is as bad as it gets. Why was a state trooper there? Must have been drug under cover. Otherwise no reason for a trooper to be in that area. Odd he was shot in the hand. I wonder if it could be self inflicted while in a struggle.
Camp street Hyannis is the road by the hospital. Not the one off of yarmouth road. Very short street. And while not great I live there for 2 years in 2008 with no issues.

Top Bottom