• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State to "tweak" gun laws

From the article:

"State statistics show an alarming trend: five out of six guns used in crimes are obtained illegally."

- Reaction: Well no sh*t sherlock. Criminals do illegal things!?? Who knew?

"Deval Patrick wants to limit gun purchases to one per month"

- Reaction: Sooooooooo if I can only buy 1 gun per month, how will that prevent a criminal from obtaining a gun illegally?

From the article:

"State statistics show an alarming trend: five out of six guns used in crimes are obtained illegally."

- Reaction: Well no sh*t sherlock. Criminals do illegal things!?? Who knew?

"Deval Patrick wants to limit gun purchases to one per month"

- Reaction: Sooooooooo if I can only buy 1 gun per month, how will that prevent a criminal from obtaining a gun illegally?

They will never understand the logic or any logic for that matter.

News flash! Every gun used in a crime is obtained legally. (I guess they just didn't look hard enough at those other 1/6.) Then most gets stolen or sold illegally. It's pretty damn rare that some criminal who's going to use a gun in a crime manages to make it to age 21 without a disqualifying criminal record, pays the money and goes through the class, voluntarily gives the police a set of prints to match up at his upcoming crime, and then pays full retail for the gun he's going to use. Oh, wait. Maybe their definition of "guns used in crimes" focused primarily on guns owned by people whose permits have expired.

Ken

Just for giggles, I wonder what percentage of straw purchases are actually made IN STATE. Damned few I suspect. So how is 1 gun a month going to even dent the number of straw purchases???

It would be a shame to strip law abiding owners of the right of private sales

Last edited:
They've been trying to float that one for years. Stupid as where's the benefit? You've got to file an FA10 ANYWAY so this 'slipping through the cracks' crap is pure BS.

Back
Top Bottom