• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Reps and Senators' letter to the AG

Sucks cause Peabody had a pro2A rep but she quit to go back to full time nursing. Her Dem replacement will never sign this.
,Walsh is a political hack, who was already sanctioned for other issues when he was a rep. previously and they still re-elected him, What's that tell us, He''ll never sign anything that doesn't benefit him directly. Lea Cole made the right career move.

Although i appreciate it that these reps were willing to put a name to this ask. This is a total waste of time and efforts. Ask the AG to retract the directive? Are you flipping kidding me? She planned the announcement of this and it was choreographed in a secretive manor to ensure that law makers did not catch wind of was going on. The notices to FFLs was required to be planned in that fashion, but the announcement was a very public spectacle. She is making a resume for something larger. This is her moment of definition to the democratic party, and it went to the national stage. In fact i am sure she is pissed it, nationally, didn't take off more.

There is NO WAY she will just retract the new interpretation. Hell she likely laughed at the letter, if its not just sitting on her desk over the weekend while she is relaxing the day away without a worry in the world and a shit eating grin.

There needs to be something much more binding than a stupid -please take it back-.

--- additions ---

Goal needs to fix this:
Attorney General
GOAL Rating Candidate Party Incumbent
D- Maura HealeyDYes

Last edited:
Since the news broke about the AG I've been on the phone, and via email, with both my senator and reps. aid. They have returned calls, sent emails, and have had very very good communication with me. One actually reached out with questions for me. I got the impression they both felt the AG overstepped and were siding with the people. If I'm not mistaken Sen. Lovely was at the Rally yesterday, at least I thought I heard her name, so I was surprised her name wasn't on the letter to the AG. So, thus far I've communicated with them very respectful, but on a daily basis. So I worked up these emails to both of them, and I will be following up with a phone call to each of them this week, daily. I'll be calling, emailing, sending letters, possibly visiting their offices, and any combination moving forward until the AG rescinds her directive or the AWB is revoked. So I'll be doing this for a long time to come. haha

"Ms. Raymond,

I wanted to reach to follow up on the Attorney Generals recent action. Almost 60 members of the legislatures branch recently sent a request to the AG to rescind her current actions. They of course are welcome, as all citizens should agree, to revisit the current laws and to up-date or revoke them if need be, but they wish to do so in a manner that is transparent, and allows for input both from the Legislature and from the public.

I was very disappointed that Senator Lovely was not one of those whose signature was on the letter to the AG. Specially as, if I’m not mistaken, Senator Lovely was outside the State House today during the rally in support of the thousands who showed up. Those individuals who gathered were not in support of the AG’s action, but to make sure their voices were heard that we would not stand for her actions.

I was hoping if Senator Lovely would be so kind as to explain why she would not support this request. If this was a matter of not knowing about the letter, which I have included, or not having the opportunity to sign off on it, I would request that she contact the House Minority Leader and pledge her support.

I wanted to once again thank you for your time and help with my concerns. I look forward to hearing back from you, or more importantly from Senator Lovely, regarding her current stance on the AG’s reinterpretation of 18 year old law supported by all previous administrations and her support for rescinding her actions.

Best regards,"

&

"Mr. Doherty,

I wanted to reach to follow up on the Attorney Generals recent action. Almost 60 members of the legislatures branch recently sent a request to the AG to rescind her current actions. They of course are welcome, as all citizens should agree, to revisit the current laws and to up-date or revoke them if need be, but they wish to do so in a manner that is transparent, and allows for input both from the Legislature and from the public.

I was very disappointed that Representative Parisella was not one of those whose signature was on the letter to the AG. I was hoping if the Rep. Parisella would be so kind as to explain why he would not support this request. If this was a matter of not knowing about the letter, which I have included, or not having the opportunity to sign off on it, I would request that he contact the House Minority Leader and pledge his support.

I wanted to once again thank you for your time and help with my concerns. I look forward to hearing back from you, or more importantly from Rep. Parisella, regarding his current stance on the AG’s reinterpretation of 18 year old law supported by all previous administrations and his support for rescinding her actions.

Best regards,
Michael Ascenzi

After seeing the letter last night I was feeling better, now I'm just as mad as hell like I was wednesday.
Keep pushing! Do not relent today making calls [rules]

I sent (yet another) an email to my Rep including the letter that was sent to Healey and stated that by virtue of your signature being conspicuously absent on the letter from your colleagues it's now crystal clear where you stand - which is with our Governor.

If your Representative or Senator signed the letter please contact them to thank them for doing so! Letter's, phone calls or emails are appropriate. If yours didn't sign on let them know that you are watching them and will hold them accountable for their inaction on this.

Here's what I told my Senator and Rep (who both signed the letter):

"Dear ........
I have read the July 23rd letter sent to AG Maura Healey by you and many other legislators. Thank you for taking this principled stand against the tyranny of the Attorney General. Her unlawful actions cannot be allowed to stand.

It is unfortunate that the Governor doesn't understand the gravity of the AG's actions. I hope you can convince him to respect our position on this matter.

Once again, Thank You!

Sincerely,"

I see many Reps and Senators praising the AG on her twitter page and standing with her. I don't see any of the names on that letter posting to the contrary on the AG's twitter page....

Neither my state rep or senator signed it and both have yet to respond to my email. A couple liberal cowards I guess.

I see many Reps and Senators praising the AG on her twitter page and standing with her. I don't see any of the names on that letter posting to the contrary on the AG's twitter page....

Just checked. They're all taking turns jerking each other off..shameless.

By the numbers.

41 republican
17 democrat

10 senate
48 House

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a sneaking suspicion he's more upset at being usurped than the 2A issue... Perhaps when he's old enough to drink coffee, we can take invite him out for a cup and see where his head is at.

Who cares if it is? We should also be concerned with the usurpation of legislative authority. Because now, regardless of the legislature, the law is whatever the AG dictates whenever there is even the smallest bit of wiggle room for any sort interpretation. And that interpretation can change at will as often as desired.

I continue to be very satisfied with my Representative in the state house.

SO_Sig.PNG

Kind of disappointing to not see Pacheco's signature on there...especially considering he's rated A+ by GOAL.

Curious, are some of these missing signatories possibly due to the fact they might not have been there yesterday? I'd hate to come down on them, when they weren't there to physically sign it.

Outstanding! Both my State Rep and State Senator signed this.

I owe them both a big thank you!

Curious, are some of these missing signatories possibly due to the fact they might not have been there yesterday? I'd hate to come down on them, when they weren't there to physically sign it.

I would fully expect them to be able to sign electronically. The fact that I haven't received so much as a form letter back from my reps warrants a condemnation from me.

Dear Legislators,

I wrote to you the other day regarding Attorney General Healey's illegal overreach and usurpation of power from you and your fellow legislators. I haven't heard back from any of you and I wanted to follow up and express my concern that I did not see your signatures on the letter sent to Ms Healey (see attached).

The letter was drafted and signed by 58 members on both sides of the aisle, some who do not even support the Second Amendment. To me that shows that they're willing to look past the "guns are bad" component and address the real issue of an executive illegally rewriting law on a whim. I would expect anyone who has sworn an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts would publicly condemn her breach of the separation of powers between the Executive and Legislative branches. While I understand firearm ownership might not be important to you, the Rule of Law should be. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I was at the rally yesterday in front of the State House with a few thousand fellow patriots-turned-felons where we listened to members of the State Senate and House of Representatives publicly condemn her actions. One of the slogans that should resonate with anyone and everyone was "If they can do this to us, they can do it to you". Unless the Ms Healey has found it within her powers to re-interpret Article IX of the Massachusetts Constitution, I'll be casting my vote this November, as I do every November, for candidates who support freedom and the Rule of Law.

Yours Truly,
ToddDubya

I continue to be very satisfied with my Representative in the state house.

View attachment 172969

Kind of disappointing to not see Pacheco's signature on there...especially considering he's rated A+ by GOAL.

Same here but I am very dissapointed, he will be getting another email from me in his inbox about this and I will remind him of who elects him, maybe he was not there who knows.

I am happy Susan Gifford signed it but I had no doubt about her being on our side of this.

Letters sent to my State Rep and State Senator for signing this!

- - - Updated - - -

Not happy that Paul Tucker didn't sign. As a former police chief he know damn well that these gun are not the issue.

He should explain to you WHY he didn't sign this BI-PARTISAN letter!

Just sent this out to my rep and senator.

Good Afternoon,

On Saturday July 23, 2016 a bipartisan group of MA senators and representatives sent a letter to Attorney General Maura Healey asking her to rescind her enforcement notice regarding Assault Weapons in Massachusetts. I noticed that your signature did not appear on this letter. I am attaching a copy of this letter.

I am an otherwise law abiding resident of xxx who was turned into a felon in waiting overnight by this directive. I am a business owner in town and I am also a MA State Police Certified Firearms instructor. I have friends who are otherwise law abiding; teachers, firefighters. veterans, and tradesman who were also turned into felons in waiting. We are your friends and neighbors. To be clear, yes, this notice says she will not prosecute, but that we are still in violation of the law. It also says she reserves the right to change her mind on prosecuting.

While you and I perhaps do not see eye to eye on what firearms should be legal, I would hope we do agree on this. It is the job of the legislature, not the Attorney General to pass laws.

The current Assault Weapons Ban in MA was a copy of the 1994 federal ban. It was enforced and interpreted by all 50 states with guidance from the ATF until 2004, and by the MA attorney Generals office and two of her predecessors up until July 20, 2016 in one way. Those of us who wished to comply with the law did so in accordance with that interpretation.

To be clear, the firearms that are being discussed were purchased by Federal and State Licensed Dealers who are inspected by the ATF and state regularly, with background checks, were registered through the FA-10 system, and had sales tax paid on them. There was plenty of time since 1994 to enforce the law this way, had that been it’s intent.

I am not asking you today to give up your beliefs on what constitutes an assault weapon and who should own one. I am asking you to do it the right way through debate, input from the public, and majority vote.

Please add your name to the list of Senators and Representatives who oppose AG Healy’s directive and cooperate in any efforts to fix the law that has put so many law abiding people in jeopardy of becoming felons.

Regards,

Mr. Brownstone

Back
Top Bottom