• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Police Trooper Hassles Open Carrier, In NH . . .

SO-project-54_img_0.jpg

(picture added, not part of article)

Dave Ridley, a liberty activist, was approached and questioned by a state police trooper on Saturday August 4, because he was lawfully carrying his sidearm openly in accordance with Article 2a of the New Hampshire Constitution.

He was making a phone call to Porcupine 411, a voicemail-to-email service of the New Hampshire Underground at 603-413-0411, when he was interrupted, and as a result the conversation with the officer was preserved.

Listen to the MP3 audio at site.

Another activist captured video of the incident without audio, and mixed the Porc411 audio into it, also at site below.

The rest of article:
http://www.gonh.org/

Last edited:
I can tell you for a fact that the uniform in that picture is not the uniform of the New Hampshire State Police. Such glaring and obvious errors call into question the veracity of the whole incident.

I can tell you for a fact that the uniform in that picture is not the uniform of the New Hampshire State Police. Such glaring and obvious errors call into question the veracity of the whole incident.

its an entirly fabricated picture. The video of the event is here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI

This is a dupe from an older thread, but I'm too lazy to search for it

**Edit** I couldn't let myself call me lazy (seriously he's an a**h***!)
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23051&highlight=open+carry+new+hampshire

Thank you Dave Ridley.

I wish more people would do this kind of thing.

I can remember as a teenager in the 1960's, me and my friends were able to carry shotguns onto a bus on our way to go hunting. We'd also walk along Route 1 in Norwood with our rifles and shotguns, going to hunt and target shoot at the "sand pits" which were where University Avenue is now.

Something has got to give. The SCOTUS has to hear and rule on the D.C. gun ban appeal. If not we as shooters should find other ways to legally show our dissatisfaction with the current laws concerning firearms.

I myself wouldn't want to test the legality of open carry in Massachusetts. I'm not as familiar with the laws as David Ridley is, and I'm afraid I wouldn't make a positive impact.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if on the anniversary of 9/11 Massachusetts gun owners all got together and carried openly (legally only) in a show of strength and unity. I say 9/11, because it's another great challenge to our freedom.

Bill

Thank you Dave Ridley.
I myself wouldn't want to test the legality of open carry in Massachusetts. I'm not as familiar with the laws as David Ridley is, and I'm afraid I wouldn't make a positive impact.
A conviction would be unlikely and, even if you were convicted, the criminal record wouldn't be much of an inconvenience since you'd probably never get another LTC in this state.

Back
Top Bottom