• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Police Test?

There actually was one case down in CT 5 or 6 years ago (I think it was New London or Groton) that actually did not hire someone for this very reason, strange as it sounds

I thought i might have read that somewhere too. Or maybe it was a story where the guy had to high of an IQ?

Anyway, having a high score on the CS test is most definitely not going to hurt you. As it is anything less than a 98 probably wont be good enough this time around .

you get 2 points for vet, not sure about disabled vet though

That would explain why I got a 94 for municipal and 96 for state. I was wondering how the same test could be scored differently. I didnt even think to consider vet points. I thought the state was just naturally f'd up.

Either way, I am no longer interested in this.

Good luck to you guys.

97, vet so 99, but white male so about 600th on this list.

Did anyone hear that having an mos of Military Police gives you some points, i though i heard them say that at the test site but no further info followed.

97, vet so 99, but white male so about 600th on this list.

Did anyone hear that having an mos of Military Police gives you some points, i though i heard them say that at the test site but no further info followed.

I have been taking the tests for the last 6 or 7 years and have never heard that. Like others have said in the thread, being a vet entitles you to the top of the list in your town of residence. You also get placed ahead of other non residents in your other towns. Like you know, you get two points for the MSP. I would be really surprised if they gave MP's additional points above the vet preference points.

I was under the belief being an MP was irrelevant as well, but during Decembers mil make up test Stephen White I think his name was stated somthing along the lines of work background experience.
I think the deadline to pass in MP certifications has past anyways.

It been awhile since I took the CS test, but they do not hire based on gender anymore. I can account to that because in my town and surrounding towns the last bunch have all been white males. Then, again, I could be wrong.

Quick question for some of you guys maybe you can help me. I scored a 95 on the test and I am part black as well as native american. I've heard that the MSP selects candidates by using a cut-off score like 97 and they go strictly by score, but then I hear conflicting stories that they will go all the way down to the low 90's or even 80's for minorities and females. I am just trying to understand the actual way that it is done. Hey if it helps me great, if not then I will have to do better next time. Either way any help or answers is greatly appreciated.

ive heard it wasa by score. a buddy of mine got hired in 05 off the 02 test. he scored a 96. it takes awhile to get that low.

If you are a white male, you need to be a disabled vet and have some college to stand a chance. I seriously doubt they are going to be hiring anyone anytime soon. The state is broke and still holds these tests as a revenue generator.

Back
Top Bottom