• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

state police showed up at my private range yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cop drove on to your private land and said you were lucky he and his partner didn't light you up with their handguns?

3 guys with battle rifles vs 2 guys with handguns in a place where they shouldn't be. The fact they weren't shitting their pants and leaving immediately shows what the real problem is.

I'd lock the gate from now on.

As for the rest of the story, it sounds about right. Welcome to the police state.

I think its funny a couple of guys in this thread talk s**t about the police but when something little happens they're the first ones to call the cops (COWARDS), love people hiding behind the computer. You guys dont know the reason why they show up and certainly dont answer a question right of the bat with "do you have a warrant to be on my property" that tells me that you have something to hide. Don't get me wrong I'm all for rights i think this county is taking them away but thats the wrong way to go about it.

You're all for rights, but if someone exercises them by asking you for a warrant...they're some enemy that needs to feel your boots on their throat? After all, they had it coming by not bowing down to the sexual prowess and all around paragon of pure manliness that you are.

Last edited:
Might have been epic if you had not set the battle rifles down but had instead...Refused.

if someone barges onto my private property, with no warrant and no actual reason my response to any questioning would have been "get the **** off of my property, guests are welcome here by invitation only and the property is posted. as you are nothing more than a human being i suggest you follow MY rules on MY property."

this is america, grow some ****in balls and tell em to eat shit.

take zero shit off the gestapo.
I like the way you think, but this time, you are wrong. If they would've reported the entry on private property as "pursuit" of a person who refused to pull over, they would get away with that. And of course their dispatch sergeant would have backed them up by confirming that such a message did happen, even if it was not the case.
I think the first thing the op should have done, was to turn on one or two cell phone cameras to record the interaction. It is extremely difficult to get a judge to believe you over the word of one cop. If there's 2 cops, their word will outweigh pretty much any number of citizen's testimonies. A video can keep you out of jail, nowadays, as sad as that is.

"Somebody left the Gate Open..."

[video=youtube_share;l0ot-LlyyCY]http://youtu.be/l0ot-LlyyCY[/video]

like others said, lock the gate, and like another said a combo lock for temporary access is a good idea

I wouldn't put up a range sign in sight of the street--they have the opposite effect on moonbats, why draw attention? if you wanted to put up such a sign put it 100 ft in but it would probably wig out the power line people

you guys remind me of Allen from the "hangover" especially ntomsw, i now understand why you guys do this i feel better about myself already.....[rofl]

I like the way you think, but this time, you are wrong. If they would've reported the entry on private property as "pursuit" of a person who refused to pull over, they would get away with that. And of course their dispatch sergeant would have backed them up by confirming that such a message did happen, even if it was not the case.
I think the first thing the op should have done, was to turn on one or two cell phone cameras to record the interaction. It is extremely difficult to get a judge to believe you over the word of one cop. If there's 2 cops, their word will outweigh pretty much any number of citizen's testimonies. A video can keep you out of jail, nowadays, as sad as that is.

Frenchman, I also like how you think and your posts on the board. You are missing the point however, as this is America and we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty and police must have reason to do something (even tho we all know thats not how things typically work). If you really want to piss most cops off, tell them you are recording the situation. The point is to stand up for yourself and do the right thing, which means watching out for number one I.E. yourself.

Good. That's better.

you guys remind me of Allen from the "hangover" especially ntomsw, i now understand why you guys do this i feel better about myself already.....[rofl]

Wow. Just wow. You are beyond help.

Hopefully you won't be long for this forum. It will give you more ime to hang out with Treischl, Tape Measure Pickle Dick, Baikal49, and BCEagleAce.

Three, four years ago there were a lot of Break-Ins in a Cambridge neighborhood. An alert neighbor saw some black men wandering around one of the homes, trying the doors and windows, and called 911.

The Police arrive, and next thing you know Skippy Gates is giving them a ration of crap about his Civil Rights, Racism, blah blah. No appreciation whatsoever for the fact the Cops were there to potentially save his sorry ass from some burglars.

I'm no cop, but if I were, next time there was a report at Skippy's address, I'd grin and keep sipping my coffee.

View attachment 57104

Don't choke on it, and no you don't have to swallow either.[rolleyes]

Oh, and I'm sure Skippy Gates wouldn't have a problem with you finishing your coffee or even not showing up at all.

But anyways the whole situation left me with a feeling of: wow i need to read up on my rights, and learn about what the police can and cant do, and what i can and cant allow them to do, so i dont feel as vulnerable in future confrontations with them. The whole "about to light you guys up" thing was ridiculous i was pretty mad at that after the fact. That and the fact that they opened my gate and drove out there to pursue jason for no reason, and ended up questioning and searching me. I almost wonder if the alarm excuse was bullshit and they were out to snoop on me the whole time.

you need to grab your cellphone and make a video next time.

Frenchman, I also like how you think and your posts on the board. You are missing the point however, as this is America and we are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty and police must have reason to do something (even tho we all know thats not how things typically work). If you really want to piss most cops off, tell them you are recording the situation. The point is to stand up for yourself and do the right thing, which means watching out for number one I.E. yourself.
The main reason why I came to this country (except for pussy, that was really the #1 reason) was that this is a country where you still have the ability to stand up for yourself. Freedom. A thing of the past in my country, and I was sick and bloody tired of it. There is nothing wrong with opposition and resistance, within the boundaries of the constitution. I was just saying that if you need to resist, do it the smart way. A tape can keep your ass out of cell block A. We all know that LEO will twist the facts to cover his own sorry blue ass. We all know that they are not interested in doing the right thing if it isn't advantageous for them. I think we all also know that you never have a problem with just ONE cop. You'll have a problem with all the guys who stand north of the thin blue line. This is what post 09/11 has brought upon us.
Again, there must be a reason why people call it "the right thing". I guess, it's probably because it's right. I am all for doing it the smart way, tho.

Yep
life_after_death_sign_zps832990dd.jpg

[rofl]

I love that sign.

the whole situation left me with a feeling of: wow i need to read up on my rights, and learn about what the police can and cant do, and what i can and cant allow them to do, so i dont feel as vulnerable in future confrontations with them.

I think we should all read up/practice exercising out RIGHTS and hold those LEOs acting like thugs feet to the fire. BTW, the 4th amendment is on life-support (NDAA, Patriot Act, etc) if not already dead.

The Constitution. It's what made us great. And yet, so many flag waving republicans chose big squid government Romney over Ron Paul. That was our last best chance imho. There's no doubt that the U.S. is becoming a rotting edifice. Sorry to go off topic.

Take your dose of bread and circuses.

You guys dont know the reason why they show up and certainly dont answer a question right of the bat with "do you have a warrant to be on my property" that tells me that you have something to hide.
Oh you would LOVE me, i have 3 standard responses to anything a cop like yourself would ever say to me.. "got a warrant?... NO? You are free to go.", "am I free to go", "arrest me then you can question my lawyer".

Do I have anything to hide? Nope, not really, but I'm going to try to make you think I do actually. Do I care if that offends you? About as much as you guys care when you execute a dog or taser a 12 year old. When I find a cop like you I go out of my way to piss them off. Hopefully I get you to do something stupid I can sue for. Seems easier then winning the lottery. Judging by your now closed temper tantrum thread, you are the cop I have been searching for that could make me very rich for taking a beating.. what town you in?

But.. Start off civil and it goes totally different. My most recent police encounter was getting pulled over on a dual sport 650, he started the conversation off a smile and a "thanks for not running, I doubt I'd ever catch that thing". I got a warning and had a nice conversation about motorcycles. I'm sure you with your "I am god, bow to me" complex would have forced me into full a**h*** mode and I don't care about a traffic fine if I can find a way to piss a dick cop like yourself off I'll drive away feeling good.

Oh you would LOVE me, i have 3 standard responses to anything a cop like yourself would ever say to me.. "got a warrant?... NO? You are free to go.", "am I free to go", "arrest me then you can question my lawyer".

Do I have anything to hide? Nope, not really, but I'm going to try to make you think I do actually. Do I care if that offends you? About as much as you guys care when you execute a dog or taser a 12 year old. When I find a cop like you I go out of my way to piss them off. Hopefully I get you to do something stupid I can sue for. Seems easier then winning the lottery. Judging by your now closed temper tantrum thread, you are the cop I have been searching for that could make me very rich for taking a beating.. what town you in?

But.. Start off civil and it goes totally different. My most recent police encounter was getting pulled over on a dual sport 650, he started the conversation off a smile and a "thanks for not running, I doubt I'd ever catch that thing". I got a warning and had a nice conversation about motorcycles. I'm sure you with your "I am god, bow to me" complex would have forced me into full a**h*** mode and I don't care about a traffic fine if I can find a way to piss a dick cop like yourself off I'll drive away feeling good.

[laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2] So full of win!

Lock the gate. Leave it locked. And keep firing over that road.

I think its funny a couple of guys in this thread talk s**t about the police but when something little happens they're the first ones to call the cops (COWARDS), love people hiding behind the computer. You guys dont know the reason why they show up and certainly dont answer a question right of the bat with "do you have a warrant to be on my property" that tells me that you have something to hide. Don't get me wrong I'm all for rights i think this county is taking them away but thats the wrong way to go about it.

You are "all for rights". Well isn't that just dandy.

I know plenty here who would never call the police for help. I would rather see a car full of gang members roll up on my property than a police car. I am absolutely serious about that. No good can come from an interaction with police and plenty here know it.

Among many self indulgent police viewpoints is that we all really need them -- that if things go wrong we will cower in fear and call in "professionals". That's bullshit. If I needed armed help there are plenty of people I would call before the police. Plenty. Like half the phone book. There is a small subset of police that I could see being useful (you know, the people police call when anything gets remotely dangerous). But the vast majority are nothing more than armed bureaucrats, ticket writers, road rules enforcers, form fillers, and glorified meter maids. We don't need you. You are locusts on a productive land. Go away. Please. I would like my tax money back.

SFAB: "No we were responding to an alarm call and saw (jason) driving off into the woods and thought it looked suspicious". Really ??......................

I have no idea where you are, but it sounds like the middle of no where or at least right next to it. Alarm ? From what ? Where ?

Your on the right track with your thinking. I'd find out exactly what your rights & obligations are to use private property as a shooting range.

I can under stand the police responding to a report of shot's being heard/fired. It's all the fringe crap/comment's you could have done without.

i love being down south. a good friend lives in the house in front of my parents. was helping my father yesterday and then went over to my friend's house. all day all you heard was rifle fire. nobody worries, nobody freaks out, but someone put a lot of money down range.

also living within a few miles of the largest army training base in the country, Fort Jackson, you hear artillery fire a decent bit.

4 of you and 2 of them and you disarmed?!!! They are lucky they got out alive. At best I would have had their weapons and their clothes and they could have walked back to town. I would have burned their vehicles to the ground and carved my initials in their ass cheeks.

Don't choke on it, and no you don't have to swallow either.[rolleyes]

Oh, and I'm sure Skippy Gates wouldn't have a problem with you finishing your coffee or even not showing up at all.

I'm going out on a limb here because I don't know the whole story, but in this particular incident (and I'm only speaking to this single event) - it sounds like the guy was away from home, a neighbor or somebody saw a person trying doors and windows on his house while he was away, so they called the police. Police showed up, and instead of saying "it's my house, I lost my keys, just got home from vacation or wherever" or whatever, he went on a tirade about civil rights and shit.

Seems like a far cry from opening closed gates and drawing down on people and breaking their balls. Now, the cops may have been a lot more dickish than I remember reading in the news, and the news usually isn't too accurate anyways, but I really don't see where they went too far out of line. At least up to the point they jammed him up for disturbing the peace or whatever the hell it was. Once it turned out it was the guys house, why not de-escalate things, apologize for the confusion, explain that they received a call from someone concerned that someone was trying his doors and windows while he was away, and wish him a good night? THAT'S the part where things went off the rails there, in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom