• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Police arrest Abington man on gun charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I got arrested while possessing a bottle of twisted tea, my dad would come back from the dead and beat the shit out of me....after I had beaten the shit out of myself.

now he'll never federally prohibi....... o wait he probably already was. think he'll serve his minimum statutory sentence under bartley-fox??

should have a beat-down just for abusing his dog.

Last edited:
ok. I'm sorry...but I counted at least 11 of those so called "weapons" as tools that are used almost daily. I can't help him on the gun without a license part but those little tiny knives are not weapons and neither is the hatchet or folding pocket knife. If I were a cop I would be embarrassed to call those weapons.

Unless that beach was once an MDC beach, there is no power of arrest for DCR regulations. But that is Mass State Police, the one agency that causes more garbage case law of any police agency in that state.

I am pretty sure it was an MDC beach.

drinking on the beach and treating his dog in an overly aggressive manner, the report said
The moral of the story is "be nice to your dog".

The $240 bail is probably $200 bail + $40 bail commissioner's fee (the later being non-refundable).

what are the odds that he was carrying a state police norwell banner and then got popped by the same department ( Sarcasm) any Ahole that abuses an email deserves this and daily beatdowns...prick

I wonder if the got consent, or a search warrant, for his vehicle. Since the vehicle is not under the immediate control of a subject located some distance away, and the police can secure it to prevent evidence removal pending a warrant, I doubt this would be a no warrant required situation. Of course, the most serious charge (the gun) was not in the vehicle.

If it was towed and they had a policy of doing an inventory of the vehicle and its contents as part of the tow, then no warrant was needed.

Caveat to that is there has to be a log of all vehicles towed and there must be a inventory listing for every tow.

All the more reason to have a safe inside your car. I don't believe the PD can breech a locked container for an inventory search.

If the car was legally parked, what would be the basis for the tow? Anticipation the car would become illegally parked (after hours, overtime, etc.) because the subject was arrested? That would not be valid since he could either move it after being bailed out, or have someone move it for him before it became illegally parked.

ok. I'm sorry...but I counted at least 11 of those so called "weapons" as tools that are used almost daily. I can't help him on the gun without a license part but those little tiny knives are not weapons and neither is the hatchet or folding pocket knife. If I were a cop I would be embarrassed to call those weapons.

I would submit that the shape of an object doesn't make it a weapon no matter what it looks like. An object used to inflict damage on another human is a weapon regardless of its shape. Gun at the range = tool. Knife in pocket = tool. Pencil used to stab someone = weapon. The use of "weapon" in the context of this article is intended to invoke the negative connotations of the word.

I would submit that the shape of an object doesn't make it a weapon no matter what it looks like. An object used to inflict damage on another human is a weapon regardless of its shape. Gun at the range = tool. Knife in pocket = tool. Pencil used to stab someone = weapon. The use of "weapon" in the context of this article is intended to invoke the negative connotations of the word.
The is the concept of "weapon per-se" and "weapon as used". Big difference in the law.

If it was towed and they had a policy of doing an inventory of the vehicle and its contents as part of the tow, then no warrant was needed.

Caveat to that is there has to be a log of all vehicles towed and there must be a inventory listing for every tow.

I would love to see one of these "inventories" challenged when something illegal is found.

Why can't you opt out of a vehicle inventory? Sign a waiver saying you will not sue the tow company if something is missing? It's a complete end run around the 4th.

It's also telling how they only do an inventory when the driver is arrested. If they tie my car from a no parking zone, why don't they "inventory" the contents then?

The Public consumption of alcoholic beverages is the arrestable violation, There are signs posted as to that at those facilities or at least there used to be. So yeah he did do something wrong.

Time for you to Check on the laws and regulations, before you make such comments.

Just because it's against the law doesn't make it wrong. People who love freedom understand this. People that don't, blindly cite regulations and "arrestable violations". You didn't miss your calling, I can tell you that.

Just because it's against the law doesn't make it wrong. People that love freedom, understand this. People that don't, blindly cite regulations and "arrestable violations". You didn't miss your calling, I can tell you that.

He was drinking on a public beach that was posted no alcoholic beverages, he was stupid enough to do it and got bit in the ass. Massachusetts sucks but if you live here deal with it.

I understand that what he was doing is an arrestable violation. That doesn't make it wrong. Do you think that anything that you can be arrested for is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom