• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State police arrest 2 in Lawrence after finding illegally extended high-capacity magazine / gun

If it was built by a typical retard, probably about 10%. If it was done by someone that knew what they were doing, it probably works fine.

Of course that KCI mag will split in half and contribute to malfunctions in short order anyways. I would be surprised if that thing was ever actually fired.

-Mike
I have a 30 rd Korean .40 mag that won't work worth a shit in my Glocks, but it's run flawless in my Kel Tec carbine. I know, that sounds weird and thus I have dubbed that the Twilight Zone mag.

I wonder how they got consent to search.

Not sure if serious..... most people retarded/know absolutely nothing about their 4A rights other than the miranda declaration during an
arrest that they see on television...

A guy with a 80% glock and a KCI mag, probably even less... [rofl]

They probably just asked for permission.... [rofl]
-Mike
Yeah, even people who are smart, but are law abiding will still give cops access to their trunk if the cops ask them to open it during a stop. One of the hosts on WPRO was talking about how she got stopped for speeding and that's how it went down for her. Got a warning, but the people in the media are so affable when it comes to police thinking they're God damn guardian angels. It almost makes me want to become a cop so I can pull people over, ask them to pop the trunk and to those who will open the trunk, tell them, "You don't have to say yes."

Getting pulled over for a traffic/driving violation does not mean the police have probable cause to search your vehicle, especially if there's no smell of alcohol, weed, or rotting bodies or Asian sex slaves screaming in the trunk.

Personally, I know enough about cops that if they need to make an arrest and you don't treat them like royalty and you give them access to search your vehicle, some will plant evidence for their own benefit.

I honestly never understood the whole window tint law. Who is it protecting? The police so they can look inside your car?
Generally. There was a police shooting in Providence last year on an I-95 ramp and they mentioned several times the "window tint from out of state vehicles" as a factor. Outside the Northeast, once you get to Ohio, the land is flat and trees are scarce and in Summer the amount of Sunlight is blindingly bright and also it gets hot as hell, not to mention the UV radiation exposure.

Personally, for up here, I see no reason to go below 25% tint. Some states believe 70% is fair, but that's basically no tint at all and just screams police state.

The truck I bought last year in Mass has 30% or 50% tint on the passenger side and rear windows, legal limit is 70% in RI for all windows, but I haven't been pulled over for it. Generally I drive at night, so there's no cause to be pulled over for strictly for it anyway.

I honestly never understood the whole window tint law. Who is it protecting? The police so they can look inside your car?

It's probably moral panic bullshit probably from eons ago, much like the same brand of mental masturbation that legislators engaged in with automatic knives. (Some pole in ass type probably said "nobody needs dark tint, they only doing that to hide the drugs theyre smoking and they up to no good" or some other tight-spincter type fueled retard logic. These are people I would have on my list if I had a time machine, they would be apprehended and put on an island so that society would benefit from not having that kind of stupidity infect society. Nowadays LE likes having that horseshit on the books because they use it as a free bingo space to justify pulling anyone over at any time. They like the tint laws because no court has ever told them that "I knew that it was illegal just by looking at it" is not an acceptable metric to evaluate a tint violation while moving....

Would be curious to know, however, if there are states that don't have it as primary enforcement. (meaning they could ticket you for it, but not pull you over explicitly for only a tint violation, much like seatbelt
laws in some areas. )

-Mike

Yes. And they get trained to think that there's a friggin Howitzer hiding behind that dark tint. So effing messed up.

A darkly tinted window slightly rolled down, with a dog sticking its nose out the top of the window would cause a bad LEO to basically have a coronary on the spot from the sight of the two things
happening at once. In moral panic LEO speak, that apparently would mean that the beagle in the window is concealing a sawed off shotgun!!!!!

-Mike

I’ve always thought it was a DOT thing, like having mirrors and no stickers on the windows and working headlights. i.e.: too much tint makes it unsafe to drive at night.

It’ll actually illegal to put anything on your windshield other than the inspection sticker. Yes. The EZ-pass transponder is actually illegal!

I’ve always thought it was a DOT thing, like having mirrors and no stickers on the windows and working headlights. i.e.: too much tint makes it unsafe to drive at night.

It’ll actually illegal to put anything on your windshield other than the inspection sticker. Yes. The EZ-pass transponder is actually illegal!
Pot is illegal too, but as long as the state is cashing in its not*

*as long as you buy it from them, don’t possess any high cap pot, sell any, ect,ect..

It gets interesting when a car is legally inspected and compliant in the state where it's registered, but isn't compliant in a non-tint state.

Drive an untinted car in Texas or Arizona, and you'll probably get stopped for being suspicious. ;)

That's one of our best arguments against annual safety inspections: sure, inspections ensure that NH cars meet NH standards. But what about all those other cars driving our roads, from states with looser or non-existent standards?

Two perps one gun. Don't look. LOL

This is what frosts me. I get the whole policing thing and such. But pulling a car over for tint?? You aren't pulling it over for tint. You SUSPECT the chances of finding something illegal is higher in that vehicle versus any other.

Yes, people DO get pulled over for tint.
A friend of mine was pulled over TWICE (both times on I-495) for illegal tint.
The trooper even had a light meter to check the percentage.
He got a warning the first time and was told to have it removed, but he was fined $300 the second time.

BTW, tint is now something that's checked at inspection time, inspection stations are required to have the light meter as part of their mandatory equipment. And yes, I've seen cars get rejected for illegal tint.

I've gotten pulled over multiple times and gotten tickets for tint. One early Sunday morning the fine officer even decided to draw his weapon on me.

And the scumbag is a member of an international terrorist organization to boot. GITMO his arse.

Also the scum is well known to police.

from 2016.
HAVERHILL — Police have arrested three men allegedly involved in a Mount Washington shooting last week, and believe the incident is connected to a gang-related shooting at Swasey Field last month.

With the help of state police and federal agents, police arrested Juan Marte, 18, and Mario Acosta, 20, both of Haverhill, at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday, a day after they arrested Eddy Almonte, 25, also of Haverhill, in connection to a shooting at 70 Temple St. last Thursday night.

Both Marte and Acosta are believed to associates of the Trinitarios, a multi-national Dominican gang, police said.

They were arrested on warrants for armed assault with intent to murder, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, and unlawful possession of a firearm. Acosta was arrested with a machete in his possession, police said, and also faces a charge of unlawful carrying of a dangerous weapon.

Police: Shooting likely related to Swasey Field incident

In 2017 arrested on illegal weapons charges again. I guess he didn't get the mandatory sentence then either.

JUAN MARTE, 19, OF HAVERHILL, JOAN MENDEZ, 23, OF HAVERHILL and MARIO ACOSTA, 21, OF HAVERHILL are each charged with:

• Possession of a Firearm Without a License

• Carrying a Firearm Without a License

• Unlawful Possession of Ammunition

• Receiving Stolen Property

Additionally, MENDEZ was charged with Possession of a Class B Substance (Cocaine).
Lawrence Police Arrest Four on Firearm and Drug Charges - John Guilfoil Public Relations

Last edited:
“Multinational gang.”

Meaning they’ve got a few members up here and a few down there. But that’s not scary enough. I’m surprised it’s not a “multinational criminal organization.”

I wonder how young you have to be to not be charged. Probably have to be in a car seat.
I remember our 15 month old nephew dining out at the Back Behind restaurant
in West Bilgewater near Killington. Instant lunge for the butter knife.

Sounds extra-killy that way, and probably is there to provide an easy segue into some hit piece on "ghost guns."
Gun Palor Pallor will help them out.
Ghost guns? FTFY.

... they probably want the 17 year old to rat out her
boyfriend
Great soundtrack on that movie.

I wonder how they got consent to search.
LOL.

Imagine making a traffic stop on a car whose passenger compartment contains
a nested passenger compartment (kind of like the bogus escape pod
in that Harrison Ford movie "Air Force One").

A nested passenger compartment with tinted windows.

My Business Law teacher in high school warned not merely against
festooning one's car with school decals, but hanging your graduation tassel
from the rear view mirror. Getting jacked up for "distracted driving" was a thing
before cell phones...

Back
Top Bottom